Chapter 5 - Careness

2

2.00 pm

It's been three hours since they admitted Sivaangi to the hospital. There is still no response from the doctors and nurses. Ashwin and Rakshan are starting to worry more due to the delay. Ashwin called Pugazh a few minutes ago and told about Sivaangi, he said he will come to the hospital along with Pavithra. The other police officers also informed him that the two boys are now in the jail and the old lady from the spot earlier had file a complaint against them. But for now, they only care about Sivaangi who's still in the emergency ward.

Rakshan: I still can't believe it till now. There's still no response from the doctors and nurses. I really don't know what is going on with Sivaangi.

Ashwin: Macha, you are the one who always consoles everyone. But now, you can't even control yourself. Don't worry, Sivaangi will be fine.

Rakshan: I'm trying my best but I can't.........Hold on, Ashwin. At least tell me now, what happened at the street? Sivaangi, the old lady, the two boys, everything. I need to know everything now.

Ashwin: Ok, da. I will tell you everything.

Ashwin narrates the whole incident that happened few hours ago. After hearing the whole story, Rakshan's heart is broken into pieces, he starts to cry even more and he can't even control his emotions.

Rakshan: I told you, da. She really is an angel. She risked her own life just to save that old lady by fought those two boys, but now she's fighting her own life and I can't even see any improvements. How come this world to be so cruel?!!!!

Ashwin: Macha, please. She will get up soon. She will come back to you as your sister. Be strong and don't lose yourself.

Ashwin don't know what to do. He realises that how important person Sivaangi is in Rakshan's whole life. The situation is now getting into a higher level. Just then, Pugazh and Pavithra arrives together with teary eyes and ask about Sivaangi.

Pavithra: Rakshan, where is Sivaangi?! What happened to her?! I want to see her!

Rakshan: She's still in the emergency ward. The doctors didn't say anything about her condition.

Pugazh: Who even dares to hurt my papa?! I will kill them when I see them!

Ashwin: Macha, calm down. Let's wait for now. She will wake up soon.

Rakshan had gone out of his control since in the morning, and now it's Pugazh and Pavithra's turn. They are crying unstoppably as the situation is getting worse that they thought. Ashwin felt hurtful as his friend were crying for Sivaangi. He even felt guilty as he didn't save Sivaangi at the right time, now their only hope is that Sivaangi will be fine. After a while, a doctor exits from the emergency ward and they all rushes toward him to ask about Sivaangi's condition.

Rakshan: Doctor, how is Sivaangi now? Is she alright?

Doctor: Don't worry, Sir. She is alright now. Sorry for the delay as we were trying to find the right blood donor in the blood bank. She's fainted due to the heavy bleeding, and what's more her blood level has been decreased so much that she needs to stay in the hospital for two days to give her treatment so her condition can get better. As for now, she is fine. Don't do or say anything that will make her stressful and it will make her feel more pain. Be careful and one of you should also accompany her for this two days so she will get better if someone's with her. Please make a decision quickly, we will shift her to a normal ward and you all can visit her after this.

Pugazh: Thank you so much, doctor. You had save my sister's life.

Pavithra: Yes, doctor. I can't thank you enough for it.

Doctor: It's all right. By the way, you should thank Mr, Ashwin for admitted her at the right time. If not, we can't even imagine what will happen after that. All right, now if you excuse me, I have to look after more patients. Take care of her.

Everyone feels relieved that Sivaangi had gone out from danger. Suddenly, they start to thank Ashwin for admitted her to the hospital. Pugazh and Rakshan even hug him for it.

Rakshan: Macha, thanks da. Thanks for saving my thangam.

Pavithra: Yes, Ashwin. Thank you so much for saving my best friend.

Ashwin: It's all right, guys. It's my duty to save people.

Pugazh: I'm feeling proud that I had a true friend from all this time.

Ashwin: Really? Then what am I to you before that?

Pugazh: Emmmm, just a friend.

Ashwin : Dei, dei. Don't lie to me. I know everthing about you, da. Don't try to act in front of me.

Pugazh: Ya, ya. Whatever, you don't trust me anyway.

Rakshan: Just ignore him, Ashwin. For now, doctor told us that one of us should stay with Sivaangi for two days in this hospital. Pavithra, why don't you stay with her?

Pavithra: Actually Rakshan, I won't be here soon because I had to attend to my  family's important function, it's supposed to be Sivaangi and I will go there since she will get bored if she stays at her home alone. Now that Sivaangi admitted her, I guess I have to go alone.

Pugazh: I would also love to stay with Sivaangi, but I had a busy work ahead that I don't even have the time to see her.

Rakshan: I'm also will be very busy in my work. So who should stay with Sivaangi then?

They can't get into a decision as they don't know who will stay with Sivaangi for this two days. Then, Ashwin have an idea about it.

Ashwin: Rakshan, why don't I stay with Sivaangi?

Rakshan: You, Ashwin? Are you sure?

Pavithra: Rakshan, Ashwin is the right person to stay with Sivaangi, he can protect her anytime.

Pugazh: Yes, Macha. Pavithra is right. I can count on him for staying with Sivaangi. Right, Macha?

Rakshan: For a second thought, I think you're right. Ashwin is the right person for this. Macha, take care of her da. Do anything for her if she asks anything. I will visit her often. I will take care for the rest of your work. But are you sure about this, Ashwin?

Ashwin: Yes, macha. Trust me, I will protect her at any cost. Don't worry.

Pavithra: Thanks, Ashwin. You really are a sincere police officers.

Pugazh: Yes, I know that but be careful, Ashwin. You really don't know the real Sivaangi, right? You will see it soon.

Rakshan: Yes, da. Be careful from her.

Ashwin: Ermmm, o...k.

Ashwin gets confuse as to why they were warning him about Sivaangi. But he just shrug it off from it. Soon, the emergency ward's door opens and the nurses are pushing a bed which Sivaangi is lying on it. She is sleeping on the bed and everyone run toward it to see her. They feel so sad to see Sivaangi in this condition including Ashwin, who is standing a little far away from them. Ashwin is still thinking about staying with Sivaangi in the hospital for two days. He thought in his mind about her.

Ashwin in mind voice: I will protect her no matter what. She needs to get better while I'm here. I don't know why, but I feel a little pain in my heart. It's like I can't endure to see Sivaangi in this condition. Anyway, I will stay by her side until her treatment's over. All of them had trust me, so I'm not going to break it. I'm here for you, Sivaangi. I will protect you from the danger ahead, I promise.

To be continued............

Hi, guys. Thanks for reading. The story is getting interesting as Ashwin starts to care about Sivaangi, right?But little did you know that Sivaangi is going to face the biggest challenge in her life despite this accident? For now, let's just have some kulu kulu moments for few chapters and after that I will put some twists and actions to this story. Until then, I see you guys in the next chapter. Bye, guys. 💜💜💜💜💜

                                                   With Love,
                                                      Mithran