Chapter 8 - Lifesaver

2

2.00 am

The hospital is now full of silence and darkness. There's hardly any doctors and nurses are working right now. Ashwin and Sivaangi are sleeping peacefully, they almost felt like they are in their home despite knowing the fact that they are still in the hospital. Sivaangi suddenly wakes up from sleep as she is not feeling sleepy anymore. She sees Ashwin who is sleeping on the sofa like a grown up child ( If you know what I mean ) and that makes Sivaangi to adore him so much that she is saying something in her mind.

Sivaangi in mind voice: Awwww, how cute he is. I really want to pinch his cheeks as he is sleeping cutely, but let's not disturb him and walk outside for a while. I feel really bored to be in this hospital.

Sivaangi checks Ashwin one last time and goes out from the room to walk for a while. She sees no one in the hospital as she walks down to the hall. Until, she sees someone approching out of nowhere. Sivaangi feels something that is not right, as she is trying to see the person, she finds that the person is wearing a face mask, a black hood and worst of all, a sharp knife. Sivaangi feels scared as she think that the person is going to kill someone.

The person checks his surrondings whether or not there is someone is here, Sivaangi then hides behind the wall to not get caught by the person. As the person confirmed, he makes his move. Sivaangi feels scared but at the same time she don't want to just watch these atrocities which is happening in front of her eyes. She had no other choice but to follow him to stop him from doing something.

As she follows him without his knowledge, he stops and turn around standing in front of a ward, he slowly opens the door and goes inside. Sivaangi then comes toward the ward and she is shocked. It is Sivaangi's ward after all. She is speechless as the person had come for her. She peaks out from the door and sees the person is just staring at Ashwin sleeping on the sofa, he suddenly raises his sharp knive and wants to stab him to death. Sivaangi then realised that the person had come to kill Ashwin. She gets angry and wants to attack the person no matter what. She grabs a metal pipe in the corner of the room and slowly approching to him at his back. As the person is about to stab Ashwin, Sivaangi strikes and hits him hardly on his back that he drops his knife. The sound makes Ashwin wake up from his sleep, he is shocked that Sivaangi is fighting with a masked man. The person charges to attack Ashwin again but Sivaangi hits his back even more harder and he fells on the ground. Sivaangi grabs his collar to get him up and she's trying to take off the mask to see the person's face, but the person pushes Sivaangi and she fells hitting her head on the ground. Ashwin gets up quickly to catch the person but he is already escaped. Ashwin is panicked to see Sivaangi on the ground, he gets close to her and tries to wake her up by tapping at her cheeks. Unfortunately, she is not in her consiousness. Ashwin gets scared as she is not responding to him. He shouted out for help from the doctors.

Ashwin: Sivaangi ma!! Sivaangi ma!! Open your eyes, it's me Ashwin. Open your eyes and look at me, please ma!!!

Ashwin starts to cry as she is not waking up. The doctor arrives at the right time and checks on her condition. He asks Ashwin to carry her to the bed. Ashwin then carries her up immediately and lays her down on the bed. The doctor and nurse are checking her heartbeat and pulse while Ashwin is crying nearby. He's hoping that she will be fine and gets up. After the doctor checked on her, he goes to Ashwin and tell him about Sivaangi's condition.

Doctor: Don't worry, Mr Ashwin. She is perfectly all right. She just needs some rest and medication. Her head's injury is just a small bruise. She will get up soon. And Mr Ashwin, this woman is so brave that she risked her life to save that old lady, and now she risked her life again and saved you from the masked man. I had never seen this kind of brave woman in my whole life. That's all I can say, take care of her.

Ashwin: Thank you, doctor. I will protect her for sure.

With that, the doctor and nurse had left from there and now Ashwin and Sivaangi are alone again. Ashwin takes a seat next to Sivaangi who is lying on the bed and he starts to cry more as he can't bear to see her in this condition.

Ashwin: Why, Sivaangi ma? Why do you have to risk your life just to save me? Now look what happened to you. I can't bear to see you like this. Please ma, get up soon. I will be at your side no matter what.

Ashwin can't stop crying and at the same time he feels guilty for not protecting Sivaangi properly. He just lies his head covers his face on the bed and cries more. He doesn't know what will he tell to Rakshan, Pugazh and Pavithra as they still can't take the fact that Sivaangi hurted from the morning incident, if they come to know this incident too, they will get more hurtful and will shatter down in pieces. Ashwin feels painful in his heart, he is holding his chest hardly as he can't control himself. Now is the only hope that Sivaangi will wake up and she will heal Ashwin's injured heart.

To be continued........

Hi, guys. Thanks for reading. I know, I also feel bad for Sivaangi to get hurt so much and this is just not the end. But that will be more far away for now. Don't worry about it, even if they are the lead in this story, but I will decide it for what will they do and what will happen to them as I'm the author of this story. Will Sivaangi wake up soon to make Ashwin calm down? How Rakshan, Pugazh and Pavithra will react if they come to know this? Do you think Ashwin is falling in love with Sivaangi without his knowledge? Well, there might be a lot of confusion but you will get the answers soon if you continue reading this story. Until then, I see you guys in the next chapter. Bye, guys. 💜💜💜💜💜

                                                   With Love,
                                                       Mithran