The red string. (Hisoka)

Third Pov-

Y/n laid on her bed, in a chilly spring afternoon. She laid there as she looked at her right pinky. There was a red string attached to it, She sighed with a heavy heart. She wondered why she has yet to meet her person, all of her friends already have.

She got her string at the age of 15, in matter of fact everyone did. She was now 19, and lived in a pretty decent cabin in the woods. That was the only thing her parents left her with, after they both lost their life's in a car accident during winter when she was 17.

Her parents left her behind, their Fortune and their cabin. Her mom was a famous writer, and her dad was in the highest rank in the military. She did live in a mansion, but she sold it off to a young couple at the age of 18. The place was to big for her, so she settled for something a bit smaller.

One of the maids stayed her. "Y/n are you awake?" She gently knocked on her door. "Yes Nana." Nana walked in and leaned against the door frame. "Sweat heart are you okay? You seem to be a bit off lightly. Is it because of that string?" Nana had the most gentle smile; she sat at the end of Y/n's bed.

"Maybe... is just. I'm soon to be 20, and I still haven't found my person."

"Y/n, you such an inpatient child." Nana slightly laughed. Age was really getting to her, and Y/n feared that a lot. "Your time will come, I'm sure he, or you will find each other soon." Nana climbed up the bed, and laid next to y/n.

"Well easy for you to say. You found your person while you were in high sc-"

"But I lost him right after college." They sat in silence for a moment. This made her realize everything comes with a price, and to be careful what you wish for.

"Anyways, dinner is ready." She kissed Y/n's forehead, and stood up. "I will be down in a sec"

"Alright! Hurry up though. Dinner is no good when it's cold."

"Yeah-Yeah-Yeah." Y/n stood up and stretched, She looked out the window. The sunset light, brightening her room with vibrant beautiful colors. She took a deep breath, took her phone and went down stairs.

🍃

"Dear! I almost forgot to tell you." Nana dried her hands after finishing the dishes for the night. "There's a Circus in town, would you like to come with me and check it out to night?"

Y/n put down her phone, and looked up. "A circus? There has not been one in years. The last one I went to one, that was when I was 12." Y/n smiled, while holding her cross golden necklace. As a memory, rushed in.

*FLAS BACK*

"Mom! Can we please get popcorn!! PLEASEE!" 12 year old y/n begged as she tugged at her moms hand. "Now- Now, ask a bit more nicely" Y/n's mom laughed at her behavior. "Mother is it okay if we can get some popcorn before the show starts?!" Y/n does her puppy eyes.

"How can I resist to those beautiful (e/c)" she pulled out a wallet, and gave Y/n a couple of bucks. "Here, and get drinks to"

"YAY! THANK YOU!" Y/n hugged her mom tightly then ran off, to go buy drinks and popcorn.

When she was walking there, a bright light. From a tent, caught her attention. The curiosity killed the cat, and slowly started to walk to it. When she opened the blinds, there was a boy.

He quickly noticed, sense he was facing a mirror, doing clown makeup. "Hello! I didn't know I had fans!" He said excitedly.

"I- I'm not a fan... in matter of fact I don't even know who you are." Y/n felt slightly embarrassed.

"Aw... then why are you here?" The redhead boy, asked as he sat down on a stool. "I don't know- I was on my way to buy snacks then the light caught my attention." She looked down