Pt 1. The Mermaid's Mark (illumi)

Third Pov-

The night was bright and full with joy. People were drinking, eating, and feasting. It was time to head back to chore, to see their families, after a long season of fishing, and discovering new wonders.

Illumi sat in his corner, drinking his rum. Watching how they all dance and celebrarte; he is the kings only son, and after all it was his birthday. The man in the ship, chanted, and screamed in excitement. "Oi Illumi, are you going to join us?"

The captain asked, as he threw his arm around illumis neck. "I will, I just had to many drinks and can't really think straight."

"Come on! The night is young! Have fun. It's your birthday" the captain hit illumis back, causing him to stand up. "You are a young man! Officially 20 of age! No way you are tired."

Illumi slightly laugh, and walked over to the railing. "20 with no wife, that's just depressing" he looked down on the water. The captain laughed "It's okay, what are your hopes? A woman walking out the water just to marry you?"

"That would be nice" Illumi joked.

Out of nowhere, an explosion was heard. The front of the ship was gone, along side with many man. The boat was sinking fast, leaving illumi no time to think and then he gets hit by a piece of wood and his world just went black

                                          🗺

"Y/n What do you think you are doing?" Y/n best friend yelled at her, as she swam as fast she could to the man with long black hair who sinking fast. "I'm saving him!" She yelled back. She swam up. She was basically cradling him. Her best friend appeared next to her. "Your father will be furious!"

"And?! This man is dying - and - and I need to save him" she gaze gently scanning his well sculpted face, as if the gods them self created him. "Y/n .... You are a mermaid. Even though you can walk on land, your father would not approve of your behavior."

"Who are you? My mom? Just because you and father had a one night stand doesn't mean you mean anything to him." Y/n was angered.

"Y/n-" her best friend was fulled with fear. The sea started to violently rumble "Know your place." Y/n's Eyes glowed, being half god and human. She still possesses power over the sea. "He is son of a king, and I'm daughter of a god." Y/n kissed the male. Causing a black mark, of patterns appear running down his neck and across his chest.

Y/n best friend gasped "Poseidon wi-"

"Not if I kill you first"

                                          ⛲️

Illumi woke up, images of a woman started to flow in his memories. I sit up coughing out , all the water that he had in his lungs. The smell of salt making him feel sicker, and the sand irritating his eyes. He laid back down not being able to move, he was to dehydrated.

"There!! Go and help him!" A woman yelled. Man came rushing in "This is the kings son! Hurry let's get him to the palace." Illumi being confused, he kept asking questions which were dismissed. Before everything went black again, the last words he heard "HE WAS MARKED- HE HAS THE MERMAIDS MARK."

                                           🌼
Illumi woke up again, this time in his bed. He felt how his body and head ached. He sat up, and looked out his window. He saw the sea, and how the sun reflected from the water. Memories of the woman that he saw, rushed in again. Causing his face to , turn red with blush.

"Hey son." His father interrupted his thoughts. He sat at the end of Illumi's bed. "Looks like Poseidon's child took a liking on you."

Illumi tilted his head in confusion "what?"

"Look at your self in the mirror." Silva stood up.

Illumi stood up, stretching his muscles. He felt like he could collapse at any given moment. He slowly limped to the mirror, his eyes widen in surprise. The mark ran from his neck across his bare chest, he traced it with his hand. "What's this? Is this some sort of tattoo?"

"That my son. Is a mermaid's mark. Every mermaid's mark is unique, the only way of knowing if it was from a gods child. Is because of, how detailed it is. And that triton on the middle floor your chest, symbolizes the god of the sea. Poseidon. Looks like his child, has chosen you."

The woman's face started to appear in his memories "that woman... she was not part of my imagination." He turned to face Silva. "Father, I was sure I was a dead man. I drowned. That woman saved me."

Silva didn't know how to feel about his cold being chosen, he wasn't even sure if Poseidon him self approved sense that was his only daughter. Illumi's mom was excited. Sense she was a mermaid him self, so maybe this won't be that bad at all.

"Son... you do understand you have to find this woman, and prove your self worthy of her hand. Describe her to me."

"Well father, her face looked as soft as a porcelain doll. When I felt her plump lips kiss me, I felt how life ran through my body once again. Her eyes (e/c) glowed under the moon light, giving them a sparkle of wonder. Her was beautifully long, the way the wind carried her hair so flawlessly. Her face screamed goddess it's self; there's no explanation to her beauty father, it's beyond my comprehension. But like I said, I thought it was part of my imagination."

I walked over to the window, to look into the view. He felt how the wind caress his face gently. His father took a deep breath, he walked over and stood next to him. "Son... I think this is a cures passed down from generation."

                                           Ⓜ️
Hello guys!!!! This is going to be another story that has several parts. It's supposed to be soulmate, type of thing but I gave it twist 😌

I hope y'all enjoyed part one, and stay tuned for more♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Apologizes for any typo!!!

This was requested by RavenQueen1414