the idiot child is lost

Requested by cupychu

Tommy gets lost while sbi are on a walk and they find him but he is sad and scared so they comfort him

Ages

Techno 16
Wilbur is 15
Tommy 8

Slight Angst/Fluff

+×+×+×+×+×+×

"Come on you idiots!" Wilbur shouted, sighing when Tommy appeared at the top of the stairs just to flip him off, going straight back to his room to change.

"God, they're so slow!" The brunette complained, Phil laughing at his annoyed expression. Soon enough, Tommy and Techno came downstairs dressed in their signature outfits.

The older blonde smiled and then directed his attention to the smaller replica of him. "Tommy, next time, don't flip your brother off." He said, ruffling Tommy's hair. The younger pouted, but nodded.

Phil clapped his hands together and spoke. "Alright, do we have everything we need? Phones, keys?" He asked, going to the door. When none of his sons went to go grab something, he opened the door and let them file out in front of him.

When Phil had locked the door, the four went off on their little journey around the block. It was a beautiful day out, birds were chirping and flying above them, flowers were beginning to bloom. The sun was out, shining brightly as always.

"Hey, dad? Can I go get some flowers?" Tommy asked, eyes fixed on some purple alliums in the distance. Phil thought for a moment before nodding. "Okay, Tommy. You can, and we will stay here and wait for you. But, don't be long and don't get lost, alright?"

The shorter nodded and ran off, clearly excited. Techno chuckled and Wilbur rolled his eyes. "I hope he gets lost." The pinkette said, grinning. The brunette and blonde burst out laughing, the oldest doubling over.

-

When Tommy reached the alliums, he was delighted. He crouched down next to them and slowly ran his fingers over the edges of the purple flower. He had always said his favorite color was red, since it was his brand, but he really liked purple.

He picked some of them, putting them in his non-dominant hand while his dominant hand plucked them. He had reached a whole field of them, and he was even more excited. He could probably make an allium crown if he knew how.

When he decided he had picked enough of the purple flowers, he decided he would go look for some pink, yellow, and green ones for his family. He wasn't sure where he would find green ones, so for now he just grabbed a handful of grass.

He eventually found some yellow and pink flowers, and was about to turn back to let his family see what he got, before he realized he didn't know where he was, or where he had come from.

His heart began to race in his chest, looking around desperately for the way out, never finding it. He felt tears prick his eyes, and quickly wiped them away before they fell, convincing himself he was strong, and strong men did not cry when they got lost in a flower field, right?

He ended up crying, anyway, because the longer he looked, the more frustrated and scared he got. A sob left his throat, and his silent gasps became loud wails. He just wanted his family.

-

"Where the hell is he? Did his dumb child brain tell him to do exactly the opposite of what you said?" Wilbur muttered, beginning to pace. Techno came to his side and placed a comforting hand on his younger brother's shoulder, squeezing.

Phil sighed and stood from his crouch beside the grass, thinking. "Let's go try and find him, alright? I'm sure he's fine. There are no hostile mobs out, it's still daytime." As he finished his sentence, Wilbur and Techno nodded, ready to try and find their beloved baby brother.

And so they started looking through the giant maze of flowers, now beginning to realize how Tommy would've gotten distracted and gotten lost. The field was so colorful, but none of these flowers looked picked. They were fine.

"Hey, theres a line of picked flowers. Let's follow that?" Techno suggested, pointing to the path. Phil nodded, seeing that that was their only option right now. They quickly followed the picked stems, in a slightly panicked hurry to find Tommy.

When they heard a familiar cry, they all perked up and started running towards the sound. They emerged into another field of flowers, this time the flowers were only yellow and pink.

"Tommy! Toms, we're here!" Wilbur exclaimed, rushing towards him, Phil and Techno right on his tail. The three surrounded him, tackling the poor boy in a group hug.

Tommy felt relief wash over him, but he kept crying, afraid he would be alone once more. Phil gently rubbed his hand up and down the younger's back, doing his best to comfort the trembling child.

"Shhh, Toms, we're right here. Nothing's gonna hurt you, and we aren't leaving." Techno whispered, kissing Tommy's hair. When he stopped crying, he pulled away, wiping his eyes and sniffling.

Phil smiled and caressed his cheek, kissing his forehead. The shorter giggled, taking his father's hand in his. They all stood, and Techno stretched. "Too much wholesomeness, it's gotten into my brain." He mumbled, tucking some hair behind his ear.

Wilbur giggled, ruffling Tommy's hair. "Anyway, what flowers did you pick, bub?" He asked, smiling. The blonde piped up and started rambling about how he was gonna try and make them flower crowns, and if he failed, they could just have the flowers. Their hearts warmed.