peer pressure

TW: DEATH

techno executes tubbo after succumbing to peer pressure with an alternate ending

+×+×+×+×+×+×+

third pov

as techno was called to the podium, he began to sweat. why was schlatt asking him to stand in front of a big crowd? did he also find out that he himself was also plotting against him? he clenched his hands into fists as he tried to stay calm as he made his way to the president. when he arrived, schlatt grinned and brought him in for a side hug, patting him on the back, and pulling away, gesturing to tubbo, who was in a cage box. as techno scanned the situation panickedly, he started to stall.

"you want me to take him out? like for dinner? weirdchamp-" schlatt growled. "TECHNO. KILL HIM." technos ears flattened and he slowly turned his attention to tubbo, his mind coming up with crazy situations. he couldnt kill tubbo. thatd mean hed have betrayed tommy and wilbur. and he didnt really want to do that. if he killed tubbo and did what schlatt said, tommy would get sad about tubbo but then hate techno for the rest of his life and after that. wilbur... he didnt know what wilbur would do. but, when he loaded the crossbow, he knee he had to make a choice quickly, whether it be right or wrong. and he was taking the safer option, for him, at least.

he shakily inhaled as he cut tubbos shoulder with a pickaxe, then quickly switched the crossbow back into his right hand. he heard someone say something, but he didnt know what. and he didnt know who. he only saw tubbo. he looked so scared. he didnt want to do this, but everyone was asking him to, expecting him to. he couldnt stand it. he slowly raised the crossbow with shaky hands, and looked around. when his eyes settled back on the poor boy, he felt a hand on his shoulder. he turned his head to see the eager look on schlatts face. he smiled expectantly, tightening the grip on technos shoulder. techno tensed, but nodded and sighed, looking back at tubbo for the last time.

he pulled the string back, aimed, and fired.

that was it. he killed tubbo. it was done, and he turned his back on wilbur and tommy. he was sure schlatt knew that, but of course, the horned man didnt care. he cackled and led quackity off the podium, grabbing the rest of the crowd and going to do something else fun. techno was alone. for real, this time. he stared at tubbos dead body, and felt tears well up in his eyes. his whole body shook, and he dropped the crossbow. he took a wobbly step forward, and then rushed to break the fencing that kept tubbo trapped. his eyes shut closed as he ripped it open, tears rushing down his cheeks like waterfalls. techno collapsed onto his knees. he opened his eyes and grabbed tubbos hand that was growing colder each second.

he put his other hand over his mouth and sobbed quietly, shutting his eyes and squeezing tubbos hand. why couldnt wilbur have just found the button? why couldnt it all have blown up? why did he have to be the one who killed tubbo? tommys best friend. why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why-

he gasped as he felt a hand on his shoulder. his head snapped to his left, his hand leaving tubbos. he relaxed when he saw wilbur but tensed as he remembered that hes probably mad. he dropped his other hand that was at his mouth, and let out a small sob, shaking even more. he saw wilbur crouch down in his peripheral vision, and he didnt bother look into his angry, mad, disappointed, upset, irritated-

"techno."

techno flinched. his voice had a tinge of sadness in it. he slowly looked at him, properly seeing tommy leaning against a supportive pillar. techno saw tears in his eyes, and that only made him feel so much worse. he put his head back down but now a hand lifted it back up. he looked into wilburs eyes, seeing the eyes of the old wilbur. the one who cared. the one who was always there for him.