he's here

Tw: paranoia

Tommy feels Dream's eyes on him

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

The clock read 2:05, and he couldn't fall asleep. Tommy's eyes were tired and heavy, but as soon as they closed for something other than blinking, he jolted in his bed.

He didn't have a clue as to why he couldn't fall asleep, especially since he hadn't gotten much sleep in the last few days, but that's how it was for him in that moment. He rubbed his eyes and shuffled out of his blankets, heading out of his room.

His eyes slowly adjusted to the dark halls, and he walked around a bit until he wound up in the bathroom. He stared at his mirrored reflection, and blinked. He groggily splattered water on his face, trying to drain the sleepiness out of his body.

Of course, it didn't work. Tommy turned the faucet off and dried his face, tail dragging on the floor. He shook his arms around, hoping that those movements would force the drowsiness out of his limbs, but again, it failed.

He sighed in defeat and turned to leave the room, before he felt a strange tug at his brain. He shrugged it off and left the bathroom.

-

Tommy didn't get any sleep that night. As he pulled himself out of his warm bed, he staggered over to his door before freezing up.

The hairs on the back of his neck stood tall, and his tail ruffled up instantly. He knew that feeling. Someone was watching him. And it wasn't that normal spacing out type of watching. No, someone was watching him.

He sprinted out of his room, not bothering to turn the lights off, and burst into the threshold of the living room where Wilbur, Techno, and Phil were lounging around.

They immediately looked up at his not-so-subtle arrival. "Oh! Hey, Tommy. We were getting ready to make breakfast," Wilbur explained, eyes as brown as always. Tommy jumped, startled at the sound of his name being called out.

His eyes were wide, and his pupils dilated in pure terror. Techno closed his book, setting it aside, slowly. Quietly. "Toms, you alright?" Wilbur questioned, voice going considerably softer.

Phil took one glance at Tommy and his own eyes seemed to grow bigger. His dark, tattered wings fluffed up, and he made sure it was clear to Tommy that he wasn't going to try anything.

Tommy's breathing picked up, and he slowly made eye contact with each person in the room. Tears built up in his eyes, and he started shaking. "Oh, Tommy," Wilbur drawled, opening his arms.

Tommy burst into loud, hysterical wails as soon as he made impact with Wilbur. They fell to the floor, arms wrapped around each other. Phil and Techno, who was now stood, stared in worried silence.

Wilbur held Tommy as he sobbed into his shirt, and gently rubbed his fingers against the scalp of his younger brother's head. He shushed him, whispering comforting statements into Tommy's ear.

Phil left to get a blanket, and Techno quickly busied himself with "taking the dogs outside". Tommy calmed down a bit, to where he could speak without gasping for air mid-way.

The two pseudo-brothers pulled apart, and Wilbur paternally brushed hair out of Tommy's eyes. "I- is he- here...? No, he is- he has to be," he rambled, sniffling in between his words.

When Wilbur gave him a confused look, Tommy shook his head, rapidly. Wilbur brought their hands together and squeezed. "Dream, is he here? Is he around- I felt his eyes on me, Wilbur. He was looking at me!"

It was like Wilbur's heart broke into a million pieces, but an angry, harsh lava also filled his chest. It felt horrible. He only tugged him closer and held him, wanting to keep his baby brother safe.

"He isn't here, Toms. It's okay. Dream is gone, he's far away from here," he reassured, rubbing Tommy's back. "He will never hurt you again. I doubt you'll ever even see him again." Tommy laughed wetly, and he hugged Wilbur's torso.

Phil had came back with a blanket in hand just as Techno came back inside with Steve at his side. Phil silently draped the blanket over Wilbur and Tommy's shoulders, wrapping them in warmth.

Techno snorted instinctively, and he gently pat Steve's head, and as if that was a sign, Steve happily trudged over to the two on the floor, and flopped next to them.

They could skip breakfast.