choleric repetition

TW: DEAD BODY

Au where tommy just keeps dying because dream is out of jail in this Au and everyone is kind of used to it

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

His eyes were glazed over. His chest stayed unmoving. Phil stared at him, dejected. There was a large bruise around his neck. He walked over and kneeled beside his once living, breathing son, and closed his eyes.

He exhaled and tied his hair up. Phil gave his dead son one more glance before putting both of his arms under Tommy's knees and torso, and lifted.

He adjusted his grip on the teen, and turned around. He took a step forward, spread his wings, and flew away.

When Phil spotted a mansion, he dove towards it and landed perfectly. It seemed Tubbo had already awaited his arrival, judging by his solemn demeanor when opening the door.

He let the moobloom take Tommy's corpse and nodded to him once. Just before he was about to take his leave, Ranboo appeared behind Tubbo.

The enderman let his husband disappear inside before turning his undivided attention to Phil. "Would you like to stay for tea?" He offered, as polite as ever.

Phil thought about it, and then slowly nodded. He could use a break. He followed Ranboo into the mansion and hummed as the door clicked behind him. They walked up the steps and continued down into the maze of hallways.

They entered the threshold and Phil was led to a neatly set table in the middle of the elegant room. He sat and scanned his environment when Ranboo left to go get the teaset.

This was the fifth time this week. Tommy's fifth death, and he was bound to be revived within the next hour or so. Phil wanted so badly to go to beat the dreamon's head in; but he couldn't. He wouldn't risk his only life for that.

He wanted, just the same as all the others, for this endless, brutal cycle to end. He wanted, wanted, wanted, and yet he knew too well that it would never cease.

Phil was tense and the extreme opposite to someone filled with avidity. He couldn't even act like he wished to be there. He only stayed because he needed someone to cut him some slack.

He was drained, so drained he barely batted an eye when Ranboo came back, Tubbo in tow with Tommy in his arms. Ranboo walked over to Phil and poured him a cup, handing it to him and leaving for his spot.

Tubbo sourly propped Tommy up in a chair and grimaced when his head flopped to the side. He shook his head and huffed, going to sit down next to his husband.

They sat in a dull silence for a stretched amount of time, waiting with exhausted expressions for Tommy to just come back already. Phil took a sip of his tea.

-

They had sat there for half an hour, teacups empty, eyes closed, resting, before he finally stirred. He awoke with wide eyes and tears quickly forming, just like all the other times. Ranboo went to get the blankets, the food, and Tubbo leniently coaxed him into a more relaxed state.

Tommy burst into sobs, the hiccups wracking his body and hurting his throat. They were raw and harsh, erupting like a volcano. Tubbo just held him and played with his hair. Like all the other times.

Ranboo reappeared and handed Tubbo the blanket to do with as he pleased, and placed the food on the table as silently as possible.

Phil sat still, quiet, and ruffled his wings that adorned cloudy feathers. He crossed his legs and waited patiently for this to be over. He decided he wouldn't have to and stood. Phil only waved before he left.

Ranboo sighed and approached the duo as carefully as he could and tenderly rubbed Tubbo's back. His long tail flicked. He watched his beloved reach over and grab some food, feeding it to Tommy.

They stayed like that for at least another half hour. Tubbo eventually disliked having to hurt his knees on the floor and migrated to their bedroom.

Tommy was squished in between them, cheeks dry with tear tracks.

He woke the next day to an empty house.