a bit of a predicament

Requested by Gb131688

Origins Tommy and Wilbur are in trouble

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Wilbur ruffled Tommy's hair, giggling when he saw his wing and tail feathers puff up. "Aww, is little Toms angry?" He teased, going to poke his little brother.

Tommy snorted, trying to cover his laugh, but it was inevitable as he burst out laughing. He shook his head, choking on his cackles as he lazily swatted Wilbur's hands away.

"Shut up, Wil! I'm big, not little," he retorted, playfully punching Wilbur's shoulder. Wilbur laughed, his boney tail wagging in delight. He took Tommy's hand in his and dragged him into the Pub(e).

"Yeah, yeah, sure. You're the biggest man out there, aren't you?" He questioned. Tommy scoffed and nodded, placing a hand over his chest in mock absurdity. "Of course I am. Have you not been paying attention?"

They walked over to the bottom of the ladder that would take them to the Pub, and Wilbur bowed slightly and gestured for Tommy to go up first. He did, but not before thanking him with a silent flick of his tail.

Once they were both on the top of the building, they looked around for something to do. "Oh, I have an idea. Tommy, we can help you practice flying!" Wilbur suggested, visibly excited.

Tommy immediately agreed and, again, grabbed Wilbur's hand and ran to the edge of the establishment. They looked at each other and grinned. "If only I had wings as well, then I'd join you."

Tommy laughed and turned his attention to the dark night before them. He slowly looked down at the grass and swallowed dryly. He turned back to Wilbur. "I'm kind of scared, not that I won't do it! I'm a big man, but the drop is..." He gestured wildly.

Wilbur paused before nodding in non-verbal understanding. He gently tugged Tommy towards him and they began to descend the ladder to go find a shorter place to practice at.

It took them a little, but they eventually found a tree tall enough, but not too scary, to give Tommy enough air time. Wilbur clipped through the tree and suddenly appeared on one of the higher branches, circling his tail around the wood.

Once he deemed it sturdy, he dangled upside down, tail securely holding him, and helped Tommy get onto the same branch. Tommy laughed at his surprisingly good idea of helping him, and found his tail lightly resting where Wilbur's was.

The phantom paid no mind, and instead firmly grabbed his shoulder. "You ready, Toms?" Tommy nodded, flapping his wings twice. He inhaled and when Wilbur gave him a small push, he exhaled and tried his best to keep in the air, legs and tail flailing around with the effort.

He heard Wilbur burst out into laughter and proud applause, and couldn't stop the burst of happiness from exploding in his chest. When he safely hit the ground, he instinctively looked up at his older brother, looking for his verdict.

Wilbur was staring down at him, a wide grin on his face. The end of his tail was wagging even when wrapped around a branch, and he swiftly jumped off the tree, pulling Tommy in for a hug.

"You did amazing! You stayed in the air longer than last time!" Wilbur exclaimed, pulling away. Tommy had a similar grin plastered on his face, tail wagging wildly. "Did I look cool?" Wilbur squinted at him and nodded, giggling. "Sure you did, now let's get back up there before-"

An arrow whizzed past them, barely missing Tommy's arm, and Wilbur immediately grabbed him and pulled him closer. "Before that happens!" He yelled, running towards the ladder.

Tommy's eyes were wide and scared, wings pressed against his back, and he used his free arm to grab onto Wilbur's wrist. He faintly felt Wilbur pull him onto his back, but he squeezed his eyes shut to try and block out his fear.

The clicking of bones faded and stopped, and he was slowly lowered onto a soft surface. "Tommy? Toms, it's okay. You can open your eyes." He jumped at the sound of Wilbur's voice, but obliged and peeled his eyes open.

He was met with his worried brother's face in front of his, far away enough to give him space. He shuddered and looked at his surroundings, slowly but surely relaxing as he realized he was safe in the Pub.

As his eyes settled on Wilbur, he suddenly focused on his limbs. They felt heavy and tired. He himself felt drained, especially after what just occured. Wilbur must've noticed that, because he smiled and gently maneuvered Tommy onto his back.

He dully realized he was on a bed, as the blanket was folded onto him, and he sighed, letting the drowsiness seep into his own bones. Wilbur kissed the top of his head and fell asleep at his side on the floor.