Chapter 3: Waves of Blue

If Minsun and Xun thought that Erde was bright, Vatten was their worst nightmare

If Minsun and Xun thought that Erde was bright, Vatten was their worst nightmare. Wooyoung looked back to see his two friends groaning, both using their powers to keep them in the shade.

"Where are we going?" Xun asked, getting impatient. Both him and Wooyoung had their sleeves rolled up, but the fact that Xun was wearing all black was definitely getting to him, especially under Vatten's bright sun.

"We're going to go see the queen." Wooyoung told them, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Considering how it seems like only those born with royal blood are aware of the keys, I assume the Queen of Vatten would be our best bet."

Wooyoung stopped for a moment as he turned towards his friends, a serious look to his face. Minsun took note of this, staring at him with squinted eyes. "What?"

"Do you two like cats?"

...

Minsun smiled as one of Eunhye's cats jumped into her lap, quickly getting settled. She gently petted the soft fur, not minding the animal's presence. On the other hand, Xun was avoiding Eunhye's second cat, moving away from it as it meowed at his chair.

Suddenly giggles and the sounds of small feet running only frightened Xun more, and Minsun tried not to laugh as the Princess of Vatten approached Xun. He instantly moved away as Chaesoo picked up the cat, struggling to carry it towards her mother.

"Eomma, look!" Chaesoo cheered, passing Eunhye the cat. The Queen chuckled before taking the cat from her daughter, holding her hand as they settled at the table where Minsun and her friends were.

The Queen had arranged for a lunch out on the beaches of Vatten, inside of a gazebo. There were cute little sandwiches and pastries, more than enough to fill all of them up. Wooyoung was comfortable, already munching on some of the snacks, while Xun was looking around, trying to make sure there weren't any other animals approaching him.

"So you three are here for the key?" Eunhye asked, taking a seat at the table. Chaesoo instantly climbed into the chair between her mother and Minsun, and Minsun couldn't help but giggle as she patted Chaesoo's head, the little girl being absolutely adorable.

"Yes, Vatten's key to close the door between the two dimensions." Wooyoung said, in between bites. "By the way, these sandwiches are really good."

"Have more then." Eunhye said, moving the plate in Wooyoung's direction. "You should eat up before the others come back."

Other's?

"What do you mean by others?" Xun asked, reading Minsun's mind. "Who else is here?"

"Oh? You three didn't know?" Eunhye seemed surprised. "That's funny because they were looking for the key too."

What?

The annoying voice that was much too familiar to Minsun's ears made her groan, the others turning around. "Wait, you're here already?"

"Hua?" Wooyoung exclaimed, standing up. "Why are you here? And with Jihyung and Jingsi?"