Chapter 2: Final Key (part 1)

"We need to split up into three

"We need to split up into three." Mark announced to the group settled around the meeting table. After Doyoung's death, his family wanted to retrieve him as fast as possible but they couldn't act rashly, they needed a plan.

That was how half the royals found themselves in the central castle, trying to plan their next steps. Half of them would work on this plan while the others were holding down the realms.

"The first group will retrieve Doyoung from the door, I'm assuming Luminosa's royals can handle that." Mark said, looking over at Jiwoo. The poor queen had dark bags in her eyes from the toll of spending the night without her husband.

"Actually, I'd like to take that." Jungwoo said, raising a hand. "I think it's more important for Jiwoo to focus on her realm."

The others nodded in agreement, understanding where Jungwoo was coming from. Jiwoo sighed, feeling defeated but still agreed.

"With your permission." Jungwoo said, leaning forward, giving Jiwoo a small smile. "I'd like to take Wooyoung too."

"Excuse me?" Jiwoo exclaimed, taking them all aback. "My son? You want to take my son to such a dangerous place?"

"You son isn't a child anymore and this is going to be a big battle. He needs to be prepared." Jungwoo argued before turning to Ten. "I'd like to take Hua aws well."

"You can take her, she needs the experience." Ten said, waving his hand. Jiwoo was astonished by his decision, standing up.

"You're willing to send your daughter to a place like that?" Jiwoo exclaimed.

"It's not like they haven't already gone there." Jeno mumbled, earning stares from the others.

"Jeno's right, our children went to the door behind our backs, that's how Jungwoo and Grace are back." Ten said.

Jungwoo looked at Jiwoo with pleading eyes. "Trust me, Wooyoung will be in good hands, I promise."

"Fine." Jiwoo let out a deep sigh, settling down again. "But I want someone else to go with him."

"I'll go with him." Taeyong offered. "There's not much for me to do anyways."

Jiwoo didn't have any objections to this one. Afterall, if Taeyong couldn't protect her child, no one else could.

"Alright then, Taeyong hyung will join the group going to retrieve Doyoung at the door." Mark said, taking a deep breath. "That leaves us with protecting the realms from the continuous attacks from the creatures and retrieving the last key."

"I'll take the key." Grace said softly. Jungwoo's head turned to his fiancé, surprised by her offer.

"I thought you were going to come with me to the door." Jungwoo said quietly, barely loud enough for Mark to hear.