Chapter 1: Her Return (part 2)

Minsun

Minsun. Minsun, wake up.

Minsun shifted in the bed, holding the blankets up to her chest. "Xun, let me sleep."

Minsun, it's not Xun, the voice in her head continued. It's me.

"Huh?" Minsun opened her eyes to see that she was still in the warehouse. When she turned her head, Xun was there, sleeping soundly in the bed across from hers. Who is it then?

Come on, Minsun. You know who I am. Come find me.

Minsun subconsciously reached her hand up to her vare, feeling the cold metal beneath her fingertips. It can't be.

Minisun, we don't have time to waste. You need to hurry.

Minsun removed her hand, suddenly feeling energized as she quietly slipped out of bed.

"I'll be right back." Minsun whispered to Xun's sleeping form before heading out of the warehouse, towards the door.

...

Xun was running from something. He didn't know what it was, but he knew he had to get away before it got to him.

Minsun, I need to protect her, Xun thought as he looked around, searching for signs of the girl. All he saw was pure darkness though, as if he was stuck in a world with no one else.

The presence that was following him grew bigger and it's shadow looming over him. Xun bit his lip, going into an internal debate before deciding to turn around.

When he did, his eyes fluttered open, soft pants escaping his lips as he sat up, taking in his surroundings.

Warehouse, you're in an abandoned warehouse in Dealain, trying to close the door with the eight keys. You're fine, you're safe and no one can touch you or- 

Xun's eyes shot towards the bed beside him, mortified to find that it was empty. He cursed as he threw the sheets off him, wondering where Minsun could have gone.

When he left the sleeping quarter, he saw Jihyung, the one that was supposed to be awake at this hour, fast asleep, hugging onto his jacket as he lay on the floor of the warehouse.

"Why am I not surprised?" Xun mumbled to himself as he made sure all his weapons were secured to his belt before exiting the warehouse.

When he stepped out, he felt the wind blow past him, a loud roar sounding from the distance. He knew that it probably wasn't a good idea to leave the warehouse alone but Minsun had disappeared and he needed to find her as fast as possible.

"Why couldn't you wake me up first?" Xun asked out loud as he closed his eyes, trying to focus on his surroundings. He looked out for footsteps, and once he realized where they were heading, he sprinted right towards their direction.