Chapter 1: Deja Vu (part 2)

It was clear that Minsun and Xun were lost in their own conversations but Wooyoung didn't care, joining in anyways

"I don't have a good feeling about this." Wooyoung told the two, his voice shaky from how worried he was. "Something bad is going to happen, I feel it."

"I think you're just freaking yourself out." Minsun told him. "If our parents wanted to take action, they would."

"That doesn't mean that nothing bad is going to happen." Wooyoung argued, looking towards Xun with pleading eyes. "Please, you have to feel it too."

"I understand why you might feel that way." Xun said, a deep sigh escaping his lips. "But I agree with Minsun. If our parents aren't doing anything, we should stay put as well."

"I guess." Wooyoung mumbled, but wasn't quite convinced. He still had that awful feeling deep inside and decided to look for someone else that might be feeling the same way.

His eyes landed on Jungwoo, who was focused on Chanyoung and his movements. He hid it well though, occasionally smiling at Grace, who was chatting with Haesoo. His focus always returned to Chanyoung though, which was probably why Wooyoung soon found himself walking across the room.

"Wooyoung!" Haesoo cheered, a smile on her face. This made Grace and Jungwoo turn around, and Wooyoung instantly felt out of place with the group of adults.

"Oh um, hello. I wanted to congratulate you on your marriage." Wooyoung said, politely greeting the adults.

"Thank you, Wooyoung." Haesoo said but it seemed like the other two sensed his true reason for approaching them.

"You feel it too, don't you?" Jungwoo asked, staring into Wooyoung's eyes with a serious look to his face. Wooyoung slowly nodded his head, not used to this side of Jungwoo. His parents always told him that Jungwoo was someone full of youth, a playful side to him.

"I'm sure you're both just worried for our safety." Grace said, clutching onto Jungwoo's arm tightly. Despite this, Jungwoo stayed stiff as a board, making Grace sigh. "Come on, this is a wedding."

"It's fine, I understand the concern." Haesoo said, waving her hand. "Look, Jaehyun and I are more than happy with how our wedding has been so far. It's more important to protect Orenda anyways. Our happiness has been sacrificed once and it can be sacrificed again."

"But-" Grace's words were cut off to the sound of clapping, making heads turn. Chanyoung was standing in the middle of the dance floor, gaining all their attention as the room became silent.

"Well I thank you all for having me here but I believe it's time to leave." Chanyoung said. Wooyoung began feeling sick to his core, finding it unbelievable for the man to leave without causing a ruckus. "I'd like to invite the newlyweds to the centre."

"What in the world does he want?" Haesoo mumbled as she got up, meeting her husband in front of Chanyoung.

Wooyoung reached out, grabbing onto the back of the nearest chair as Chanyoung's next words came out. "Now, can I get the King of Luminosa out here?"

"Don't." Jungwoo breathed out as Doyoung hesitantly stepped away from Jiwoo. His face made it obvious that he didn't know what was happening.

Wait, I think he's going to...

Wooyoung tried to run out to meet his father but couldn't, finding his own body trapped in place. Jungwoo noticed this, trying to step out as well but found himself in a similar state.

What is going on? Wooyoung thought as he watched Chanyoung's lips form a smirk. Haesoo and Jaehyun's eyes widened as the man approached Doyoung, the King of Luminosa quivering in fear.

"I supposed this is deja vu, isn't it?" Chanyoung snickered as his fingers were soon wrapped around Doyoung's throat, cutting off his airways.

"You evil monster." Jaehyun grunted, his eyes furrowing as Chanyoung slowly brought Doyoung's life to an end.

No, no no, this can't be happening. Wooyoung felt tears rolling down his cheeks as all the people in the room remained unable to move, watching as the colour drained from Doyoung's face before it went limp. Pain filled his body as the realization hit him. He killed my father. He killed my father!

Chanyoung lightly dropped Doyoung's body to the ground, making a thud sound. Wooyoung wanted to show this man a piece of his mind but he was still held in place from whatever spell he had casted on them, rendering him useless.

"Let this serve as a warning to all of you." Chanyoung announced, his eyes turning dark like the night, but not like anything Wooyoung had seen before. He had seen Minsun and Mark's eyes turn in training but this was nothing like it. There was evilness in his eyes, this dark power surrounding him that Wooyoung had never experienced. It terrified Wooyoung, and he no longer wanted to lash out in fear for his own life. "I am the most powerful being in Orenda, and if any of you dare question it, I will gladly prove you wrong."

With that Chanyoung turned around, heading out of the ballroom. It wasn't until the doors slammed shut that they were all able to move again, everyone quickly crowding around Doyoung's body.

Wooyoung pushed through the people, kneeling by his father's body. Jiwoo was crying as she lightly moved Doyoung's hair from his face, his eyes already closed shut.

"No, this can't be, no you can't be dead!" Wooyoung shrieked, hoping that his father would respond to his cries. "Why did this have to happen?"

While Wooyoung was sobbing, he felt a hand on his shoulder and pushed it away. When he heard a deep sigh escape, he realized who it was, quickly turning around.

"The door." Jungwoo said softly, motioning to Doyoung. "Your father's vare is still intact, which means his soul is still with us. The door is open, we just need to meet him there and bring him back."

Wooyoung couldn't be more thankful, getting up and hugging Jungwoo. He heard a soft chuckle and felt Jungwoo ruffling his hair.

"Well there's one thing we know for sure." Jisun declared, using her authoritative queen tone. "Chanyoung must be taken down and the door needs to be closed as soon as possible."

———————————————————————————O

O.O

i feel so behind on writing... i blame

Mr. kim sunwoo -.-