Chapter Forty-one💜

~Y/N POV~

"That should do it, pretty easy enough huh?"

I smiled up at my doctor with a nod and rolled my sleeve back down but sure to not remove my small band aid on my arm. I just had bloods taken for just a regular check up but also for that DNA testing since there's now safer ways to get that done now before the baby is born. You have to pay extra for it but I'm more than willing to.

"Now we just need the potential father's DNA." Dr Lee

She turned and smiled towards the two quiet men in the corner of the room. Jungkook sitting down on the single chair, smoothing his thumb across his lip while Taehyung is stood up and nods but approaches the doctor when she instructs him to sit in her chair since it's obvious Jungkook is in a foul mood already.

It was actually quite surprising they showed up in the first place but I'm kind of glad they did, even if we haven't spoken any words to one another. It's mostly been conversations between Dr Lee and I, or Taehyung and the doctor. He seems more invested in this compared to Jungkook, he just seems more distant and quiet, lurking in the corner watching everyone's move.

Quietly without a word I sat on the examination chair, fiddling with my fingers and kicking my feet out a little every now and then while Dr Lee, pressed the needle into Taehyungs arm. He only winced a little bit but other than that he was okay with it.

On the other hand when it came to Jungkook, he just stuck out his arm, wearing his tight black t-shirt with short sleeves so it was easy access and said nothing, not even a reaction when the needle pierced his skin instead he just focused those dark eyes of his on myself and kept staring until I couldn't hold his gaze anymore and turned away.

"Alright well I package these up together and send them away. You should hear back within two weeks." Dr Lee

"Thank you Dr Lee."

I told her and she smiles back at me with a nod.

Again I became quiet and couldn't bare to look in either of the guys directions but I seen from the corner of my eye that Taehyung had moved to my side of the chair I'm sitting in but still kept a distance.

"So what exactly does this appointment intel Dr Lee?" Taehyung

I shot my head up, stunned he was asking about that, seemingly acting as if interested but when I looked at him he was staring over to the doctor with a serious look on his face, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well we do weight and bloods which we have already done as you had seen. Next we can do heartbeat and a scan to check on the little ones." Dr Lee

She came over to my side and gestured for me to lay down which I did and roll up the bottom of my shirt, already knowing what I'm to do.

"Really? You're going to do that right now?" Taehyung

Dr Lee, sets up the ultrasound and turns around with the gel and apparatus.

"Indeed I am. Could you please turn off the light?" Dr Lee

Taehyung nods like a robot and turned away but the lights were already switched off suddenly.

"Thank you Jungkook." Dr Lee

She smiles towards him and he nods blankly but came walking over and stood next to Taehyung, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Right so here we go." Dr Lee

I glued my eyes to the screen as she pressed the apparatus onto the lower part of my belly covered in clear jelly.

The room remained silent as everyone was watching the screen as she moved around until eventually one little sac was found first and the second was came popping up soon after.

"Ah there we go, they were hiding I think." Dr Lee

She giggled and I did too a little.

Taking a couple pictures she pressed some buttons making sure to get every inch of each baby. Since there is two she had to be extra careful and took longer I think than she would if there was one baby.

During her time, taking the pictures and scanning my belly I made a brave move to look to the two men next to me, just to see their reactions since curiosity got the best of me.

To my surprised they were both engrossed in the screen, showing a lot of emotions just by their eyes alone. Taehyung even had tears brimming in his eyes where as Jungkook's doe eyes were wide and even his lips were parted as if memorised by the babies on screen.

I kind of had a feeling they would be like this and I'm glad they are.

"Shall we listen to the heartbeats?" Dr Lee

"Yes please Dr Lee."

Not even a moment later, the sound of the twins heartbeats filled the room, they beat together in a rhythm that I could listen to all day every day. Listening to those heartbeats I just stared at the screen, feeling an enormous amount of love for my babies already.

"Fuck." Jungkook

I heard him mumble and looked up to him but he just glanced at me once, and then turned his head away, biting on his lower lip before shaking his head and mumbling a quick sorry before rushing out the room.

I noticed Taehyung, step forward toward the door Jungkook just left through but then stopped and looked back down at me conflicted. Jungkook should probably not be alone right now so I nodded at him, telling him it was okay for him to leave and he nods back, a thin lipped smile my way before he leaves the room as well.

Now it was just Dr Lee and I but I don't mind. Both Jungkook and Taehyung were here which was a surprise in the first place. They did the blood tests for me, stayed for the scan and heartbeats, it's okay if they needed to leave.

Maybe I should check up on them later.