Part 29

"I'll t-try"

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Aizawa pov*

"Izuku!", I shook him as he shivered in a cold sweat, "Izuku it's just a nightmare!", I said as loudly as I could without disturbing the rest of the hospital residents, it was 3.38am . He kept mumbling, "sorry.....I won't do....again", and things like that which broke me.

He shot up and just shrank into himself. I went to hug him and he pulled out a knife from the side of the bed. "Please...", he said with his eyes clouded and dark. "Izuku, it's me.", I said, his eyes widened, tears filled them and he dropped the knife. He covered his mouth with his hands. "I'm sorry, I-I'm so sorry", he cried, I hugged him.

"It's okay, it's alright. I'm fine", he just cried into my chest and kept apologizing. "Izuku", I pulled back, "I think you should try therapy..", he shook his head, "I don't wanna tell a stranger about my life.", "well you can tell hound dog, he's the school therapist", he shook his head, "I-I'm not ready yet. I c-can't talk about it.", I nodded and smiled.

I wanted to ask him about his nightmare but he seemed really shook, I didn't want to push him. "Do you think you'll be able to sleep again?", I asked, "no I don't think so.", I nodded and layed on my side so I was facing Izuku, "me neither", he hummed and layed on his side, only his back was facing me. "Do you want me to tell you about how Zashi, Nemuri and I got banned from a mall?", he flipped over so fast. "Yes.", I laughed. "Well we went to this burger joint and........"

*timeskip to around 9-ish, I don't know man. (or woman or they)*

Zashi, Nemuri and Izuku's friends came came to visit and I could hear Zashi before he even got to our hallway. Izuku had fallen asleep halfway through the fifth story, he was cradled in my arms now so I couldn't move without waking him up.

"Zashi I will fuck you up if you don't lower your goddamn volume.", I said as they walked in. "Okay, jeez Shota", he said in a hushed tone. "Is he asleep?", Todoroki asked, I nodded, "and I'd like to keep it that way so unless you're all gonna shut up, leave", they didn't respond but they didn't make any noise either so I guess they were staying.

Izuku slept for another hour and a half before Bakugou threw a cup at Todoroki while Shinsou and Zashi cowered in a corner and Nemuri cheered them on. "Is that Shoto?", he asked as he buried himself in his pillow. I sighed, "yeah all your troublesome friends are here", he sat up groggily, "why didn't you wake me up?", he asked. I smiled a little because he sounded happier.

"Princesses need their beauty sleep", Bakugou said with a smirk, "thank you for calling me beautiful, Katsuki", that caught him off guard, he fell off his chair and I almost laughed, but I didn't because I couldn't show those assholes that I could be nice. "I should've recorded that", Shinsou said and I couldn't help it a small huff escaped my lips.

*Izuku pov*

I feel good. I feel weirdly healthy, which is strange because I'm far from healthy. I was smiling a lot too, maybe it was dad's stories, those definitely made me happy. Yeah, that's why.

"Izuku, you look better", Shoto said with a gentle smile. "I feel a little better Shoto, thanks", I said. "Hey little listener, I'm sorry for what I did yesterday, I know you're touchy about physical contact", (pun intended) "it wasn't your fault Papa Zashi and I'm sorry for hurting you, your arm must-", "I'm fine Zu", he said with a smile, "I like that nickname", I said. "Great, I'll come up with more",he said with another smile.

No one had mentioned the fact that I was cutting, other than dad apologizing but no ones asked me to talk about it, it felt nice knowing that they wouldn't push me. "Um, could someone tell me about what's going in with my vigilante identity being revealed?", dad sighed, then everyone looked away.

"The hero commission wants to have a talk with you, we don't know about what though", dad said. "The paparazzi are going crazy, atleast 30 of them are at the entrance trying to get a statement out if you.", Shoto said. "Theres a video of you going around, they found out you're quirkless and everyone's either impressed, neutral- although that's a very small percentage-- or outraged.", Kachan said.

"There have been questions about your admittance to UA but Nezu's planning to shoot them so don't worry" Aunty Nem said. "And there's a really large group of people who want to date you, there's a fan base and stuff, you're more famous than Hawks. Also your sexuality was leaked and everyone knows you're bi. It's quite amusing if you ask me", Shinsou said. I nodded. "You might have to give a public statement, we'll try our best to avoid it but things might not work out.", Dad said.

"Have any heroes said anything?", I asked and Aunty Nem dropped her flask of what I think was whiskey. "Allmight was surprised to say the least", she snorted. "When he found out he almost destroyed the lounge because he dropped his coffee mug.", I smiled. "Endewhore was surprised but he didn't show it, then he went to his bedroom and I heard him scream, 'what!?' It was funny.", That made me smile a little more.

We just hangout for a bit, I was getting discharged today but I had a bunch of vitamins and stuff. A psychiatrist came to my room and spoke to me for a few minutes then he took dad outside and left so I think it's safe to say that I gave a few antidepressants in there too. Dad was probably gonna break it to me when we got home. Getting out of the hospital was hard, the reporters were like vultures, they were everywhere.

"Are you really quirkless?"

"How did you get into UA?"

"How did you get caught?"

The questions kept coming but Shinsou bought a blonde wig for me and Kachan gave me some baggy clothes so they didn't know it was me and just kept yelling questions to the hospital. Still, geting through the reporters was hard. Just as we were about to get through the swarm of people someone pushed my wig off. They didn't realise at first so tried to rush through but some observant asshole screamed, "hey! That looks like his hair!", idiot.

Everyone turned their cameras at me and I was like a deer in front of headlights. Pictures were taken and I probably looked terrible, I must've had eyebags and my hair must've been super droopy. Dad pulled his coat off and put it over my head, he was way bigger than me so the coat reached the ground, then we pushed through the crowd and rushed to the car.

When we got home I made a smoothie, I missed doing homework yesterday so I did that. Then I just lazed around with the cats. I did everything to distract myself from the writings on the desk. When I went downstairs dad was staring at his laptop screen while massaging his head. I went over, "what's up dad?", I asked he panicked when he heard my voice and shut the laptop.

I moved fast and took it, I ran back to my room and turned it on. The door opened behind me but he couldn't do much how that I had the laptop. When I put the password in, dad's email opened and the one he was reading was from Uncle Nezu.

Izuku has been summoned by the hero commission and he'll have to meet them on saturday. They'll decide what to do from there and whether it not he'll have to give a statement

It's not looking too good Shota.

I laughed sarcastically.

"Well that's not good news"