Part 38

But that all changed when Izuku felt his finger twitch

-----------------------------------------------------------

It happened so fast, one second Stain was rushing at the paralyzed individuals while Shoto was clutching his shoulder wound, the other, Jade had somehow carried all three of his allies out of Stains reach.

"Let's see if you manage to cut me a second time"

Stendhal felt a shiver go down his spine as Jade turned around slowly and flicked both his wrists to reveal his glimmering daggers. He clutched his blades and crouched down as if waiting for the hero killer to attack first. Stain was weary and didn't do anything hasty because he knew this was a serious fight now, one in which he could lose his life. He spent his precious time examining Jade. His costume was nothing impressive really, just black with a few hints if green here and there, obviously designed for an underground hero. By the many pockets that he could make out, Stain deduced that there must've been numerous hidden pockets as well, hiding who knows what.

The stance Jade had taken was one that was generally used when fighting more than one opponent, Stain smirked as he thought the greenette considered his skill to be so great that it felt like fighting off many foes.

That's exactly what Jade wanted, eventhough the chance of it happening was extremely unlikely and extremely farfetched, his plan worked, besides, a small advantage is better than none at all. Jade had bolstered Stains confidence and arrogance was certain doom in a fight.

The hero-killer charged at Izuku and boy was he ready for it, Stain slashed his katana at where Jade's head was supposed to be but...it didn't? Jade wasn't in front of him, he was sitting on the fire escape above him.

He leapt down onto the hero killer who plunged a long knife into Jade's thigh, it didn't land. Jade was holding Stain's wrist in his hand and twisted it. "Aaaah", Stendhal groaned in pain and retreated a few steps back to check on his most certainly broken wrist.

Stain was in deep shit and if he didn't do something about the teenager in front of him he would be arrested. His entire life's work would be for naught, all his planning and killing would've been for nothing. That couldn't happen. So he did what came to him as second nature, taunting.

"Whoever told you that you could be a hero must be a total idiot", Jade tensed and Stain smirked, he was getting to the boy. "Only a jackass with no mind would tell a quirkless person that they could be a hero", he laughed. "I mean look at you! You're a maniac!", Jade didn't move, not an inch. His eyes were shadowed by his dark, black and viridian hair.

"What kind of nimrod would ever even think of the possibility of a quirkless hero!", he heckled and held his belly is fake laughter. "Well whoever they are, they're wrong. You can't be a hero and you never will, you're a mercenary. A killer. And a naive child if you believe every random dumbass who says they believe in you-", Stain couldn't continue speaking because of his fear that had been caused by the bloodlust filling the narrow alley but Jade hadn't even moved.

The air was so thick with bloodlust that breathing seemed like a distant dream, the hero killer dropped the katana in his hand and took 3 steps back. He couldn't face the monster before him, all that he could feel from the 15 year old boy was certain death!

"Insult my father again and you won't live to regret it"

Akaguro was scared shitless, all he wanted to do in that moment was break eye contact with the teenager before him but he couldn't, he physically couldn't stop looking at him. The green eyes that were overshadowed by hair a moment ago were now wide and they were filled with hate and menace.

All Jade wanted to do in that instance was slit Stain's throat but he knew he wouldn't. Not because he had gone soft but because he had grown since then. While Stain was cowering against a wall, trying to stop his lower lip from quivering so much, Jade had had a revelation.

He hadn't become weak, he had simply gotten better.

Better than when he'd have to go days on end without a decent meal, better than when the only friend he had was the criminal in front of him, better than when he stole those tetanus shots from the hospital when he was impaled by that metal rod, better than when he learned how to stitch wounds from the internet, better than when he almost bled out every night and definitely better than when he didn't have his dad.

His life had improved by leaps and bounds and he wasn't going to let some criminal taunt him because of that, However that didn't dissipate his anger, that would take some time.

Stain had a moment to collect himself and he took a few blades out, he threw them at Jade who caught them and threw them back. Stain flicked them away as well and grabbed the katana on the ground.

They both charged at eachother simultaneously and started fighting. Jade's eyes no longer reflected anger, they looked calm, not the good kind, more like the calm before the storm. He dodged the attacks effortlessly and Stain was getting frustrated once more.

He yelled and plunged a dagger at Jade's chest. The hero-in-training simply caught it with his left hand and broke it. Stain tried a roundhouse kick but Jade caught it and twisted his leg, Akaguro spun with his leg because he didn't want it to pop out of it's socket. While spinning he got his other leg ready and aimed for Jade's head once more. Before he landed the hit he was slammed into the concrete below him. Stain stood up and stumbled back, his eyes went wide as terror took over him when he saw the smile on Jade's face.

"My turn now?"

Stain didn't have time to reply, Jade had punched him on his stomach and he coughed violently, breathing wasn't a pleasure that Jade permitted Stain as another punch was landed on his stomach. A series of blows to the same place caused some blood to drip from Akaguro's mouth. He gripped his belly and threw up.

"Don't be dramatic, it wasn't that bad", Jade said as he rotated his wrist to stretch it out a little. Stain glared at the teenager and got into a fighting stance once more. Jade smirked and launched at the villain who was infuriated by the display of the difference of skill between himself and the 15 year old.

He screamed and brandished his katana, be waved it at Jade's body and readied another sword. After Jade dodged the katana he almost received a blow from the second sword, however Jade was clever and he whipped put his retractable bo staff just in time to block the sword.

"All fancy toys, can't make it without them huh?", Stain growled but it had no impact on Jade he spun the staff around and charged at the hero killer once more. Stain ran at Jade even though his body was screaming at him to stop moving, his broken ribs and wrist and bruises were holding him back but he had to do something. Just as Stain's sword was about to make contact with Jade he leapt into the air and landed on the hero killer's back, pushing him onto the ground with his belly on the floor.

The vigilante leaned down to the struggling villain below him and whispered into his ear.

"Not as weak as you thought, huh?"