Part 45

I'm terrible at sticking to my hiatus (is the plural of hiatus, hiati...?) So I hope you enjoy this chapter, thank you for reading. I bless you with the image of Aizawa (not my art, I couldn't draw if my life depended on it)

______________________________________

"G'night Izu"

---‐----------‐‐-------‐--------‐----------‐---------------------

It was 3am Aizawa woke up to heavy breathing and hushed whimpers. He stood up as fast as he could which was rather risky in the enclosed space of the bathroom.

He almost crushed Alberto when he slipped on his blanket but caught himself on the wall, Al hissed at him from the bathtub where the cat retreated to, to avoid the seemingly stupid oaf.

Once his balance was secured he looked over to the sweaty figure of his son.

Aizawa frowned and kneeled beside the bathtub, acknowledging the distressed cats near him.

He slowly pulled Izuku to him and cradled him in his arms, shaking him very slowly but hurriedly at the same time to wake him up and whispering his name.

Izuku's eyes shot open and he shrank into his father's embrace, clutching his shirt like it was his lifeline. Aizawa felt it become wet with tears but he didn't mind, not one bit. All he cared about was the green haired boy in his arms.

"Izuku." He said and guided his face to his own. "Izuku I want you to steady your breathing. Look at me. Listen to my breathing. Come on, deep breath, you can do it."

Izuku tried to breathe in but gasped and began coughing violently instead. Aizawa moved in a rhythmic pattern, kinda what you'd do to calm down a crying baby only this was a fifteen year old potentially suicidal, basically assasin, vigilante which was definitely not the same case as a screeching toddler.

Right now the top priority was to get him breathing with regularity. Aizawa's movements started syncing with his own breathing, he made his breathing known as grounding for Izuku.

"Izuku tell me 5 things you can see", the child opened his eyes slightly and his breathing quickened.

"Mom-"

"Izuku she isn't here, it's just you, me and all the cats okay? Now can you list 5 things you can see for me?", Izuku nodded and hesitated before he spoke, "y-you, Charlie, uh uh the bathtub, th-the shampoo bottle, my h-hands"

"Good job Izuku now tell me 4 things you can feel.", Aizawa said and sat down on the floor

"Y-your shirt, my-my c-clothes, th-the tiles, the c-cold"

"You're doing great, how 'bout 3 things you can hear"

"Uhh your breathing, E-Emma meowing, m-m-mom" He started shivering profusely. "Izuku she isn't here and I'll-", he didn't want to make any false promises even if they'd make both him and Izuku feel better. "I'll t-try my best to make sure she never comes close to you. Now 2 things you can smell"

"Mrs. Kanto's chicken pot pie" Ahh yes, the neighbor who always made smelly food. Izuku looked at Aizawa almost accusingly, "coffee." a small smile tugged at Aizawa's lips

"Very good, 1 thing you can taste"

"The aYuRvEdIc to-toothpaste that Papa Zashi got." Izuku could somehow be sarcastic and rude while panicking at the same time, quite the talent.

The teenager looked up at the scruffy 31 year old and hugged him tight.

"Dad", his voice shook and Aizawa could barely make out the word but he understood. "Yeah, Izuku?" Izuku's tears doubled and his sobs increased but he was fine for now atleast.

"Are y-you okay?" He asked, his voice feeble. "I'm okay kiddo", Aizawa said. "Did s-sh-", Aizawa pulled him closer somehow and Izuku calmed down just a little.

"W-what did...what did she-she say?", Izuku asked and Aizawa's expression became grim and he tried to change the topic instead of telling his son that his biological mother wanted him back after torturing him for 7 years and leaving him to fend for his own on the streets because she thought he was finally worth something due to his vigilantism and fame.

"Do you want some hot chocolate? We can put marshmallows in it", Aizawa said quietly and he nodded. Izuku wasn't stupid, the obvious change in topic proved that the she-devil had said something unsettling but Izuku wouldn't push it because if Aizawa didn't want to say anything then it's probably better that he didn't hear it.

"Okay let's go." Aizawa stood up. "I can walk on my own, it's fine", Aizawa held him and walked out of the bathroom while holding him like a koala. "I didn't ask."

They made it to the kitchen and Aizawa set him down at the kitchen island then lit the stove and poured milk into a pot.

"Dude you're gonna burn it", Izuku said with little to no emotion. Aizawa turned away from the chocolate that he had taken from the fridge to look at Izuku. "Put the flame on medium, not on hellfire." Aizawa scoffed and turned away without paying mind ti the milk, "I know what I'm doing, this recipe has saved me from killing Nemuri." He said matter of factly then started cutting the chocolate into tiny pieces and dropped them into the pot with some vanilla extract and fresh cream. He grabbed the marshmallows from the snack cupboard that was usually locked because Hizashi would take all of it.

He poured the hot milk into a mug and dumped 15 mini marshmallows into it and poured another one for himself with 13 mini marshmallows.

Izuku took a sip and raised his eyebrows, "this is surprisingly good.", he said in a disbelieving tone and Aizawa was kinda proud, so proud that his ego got bumped up a few levels but that's what a compliment from Izuku about cooking does to you.

"I bet you could never make hot chocolate this good." Aizawa hautily stated while Izuku sighed. "dad, don't push it" He said with a small smile. "Well if the hero stuff doesn't work out then you can always turn to cooking, you could beat that foul-mouthed British chefs ass.", Izuku smiled.

"Of course you'll be a hero though, I mean you're great at it already." Aizawa continued with a fond smile on his lips

"Yeah..."