♡︎promises

A/N: modern

"Dally!" I yelled from the front door, waiting for him.

"What?" He yelled back, walking out of the bedroom with just jeans on.

"Get a shirt on we're leaving." I said and threw his boots at him. He caught them both and looked at me with a confused expression across his face.

He huffed and walked to our room and put a white shirt on and put on his boots and came out into the living room and I smiled at his sight.

He walked out with the usual swagger he usually does, nonchalant and carefree. He ran his fingers through his growing hair and brought his shirt up to his mouth to wipe toothpaste off, exposing his body. It felt like slow motion to me, my breath hitched. He noticed my stare and wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me passionately.

"Where we going?" He said as he pulled away.

"God you know how to make me happy." I said and took his hand and walked to the car. I drove today, not wanting to die with him behind the wheel.

"You never told me where we're going," He whined from the passenger seat.

"It's a surprise." I said with a smile and put my right hand down on the center console and he intertwined his fingers with mine.

"I don't like your surprises." He said with furrowed brows and I giggled.

"Why not? Am I not good at them?" I said with an amused smile and he shook his head.

"Hun, the last surprise you gave me was a god damn haircut." He laughed and I hung my head down for a second.

"Well, I know if I tell you what it actually is, you're gonna refuse." I said and he looked at me with soft eyes.

"You know me too damn well." He said and I squeezed his hand.

"Hey baby," He said after a long while of silence.

"Yeah?" I asked him as he looked at me with awe.

"Did you pick out a dress yet?" He asked me while gazing at my ring.

"No, not yet. I don't know what I want, to be honest." I slightly smiled at him and looked back at the road.

"I'm sure you'll look beautiful in whatever you choose." He said and I got butterflies. I loved it when he said things like that. It was different, made me feel like I was the luckiest girl on earth.

He went onto his phone the rest of the ride and I pulled into the Kohl's parking lot. He looked up at where we were and threw his head back and groaned.

"Why do we have to be here I have enough clothes!" He complained as I turned the car off.

"Mhm enough clothes with stains and tears in them. Come on Dal, suck it up and come on." I said and stepped out of the car. He didn't move out of his seat and I walked back and opened his door. I leaned down to his ear and kissed his cheek.

"If you come in I'll make it up to you when we get home." I whispered and he looked at me.

"You promise?"

"I promise." He smirked and stepped out. He was adamant that I held his hand and I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, Dal, look at this!" I said and held up a little onesie. I saw something light up in his eyes but he kept a smug look on his face. I rolled my eyes and put it back on the shelf and walked to the men's clothing section with him. I saw a light blue denim-looking over shirt and I put it in the basket without him looking, knowing he'd look extremely hot with it on.