♡︎not coming home

The screams ripped through the air like a predator to its prey, she knew he meant his dreadful words of "I'm not coming home."

~~~

Just like every other story, mine started peacefully.

It was almost exactly 48 hours prior, I was sleeping. I woke up abruptly to the sound of my lamp tipping over. I nearly fell out of my bed after getting startled but somebody caught me.

They hoisted me back up into my bed and I looked around and saw Dally. He grinned and kissed me and I sat up. "Good morning, don't you look beautiful." He said and I shoved him away and stumbled out of my bed. I walked into the bathroom and cringed at my sight.

I brushed my teeth and I saw him going through my drawers. I grabbed some clean clothes from my laundry basket and threw them on and did some minimal makeup.

I walked out and found him reading something, my journal I only wrote in when I had too much feelings about something. I tore it from him and looked at the page he was reading, "Dallas Winston, man. He's a sight for sore eyes if I've seen it, I can't keep mine off of him. And, for some terrible reason, he can't keep his off me."

He grinned and I threw the book on my bed and I faced him. "You had a little school girl crush on me?" He said and grabbed me by my waist. I rolled my eyes. "What's it to you?" I asked him and he looked away and then back to me, "I'd be a liar if I didn't say me too."

I kissed him and his arms snaked around my hips and his tongue made its way into my mouth, like it had always belonged there.

But, it was short lived because Sodapop and Steve barged in, and started yelling, "We need your panties!" I pulled away from Dally and I looked at him confused and ran into the bathroom.

"Why?!" I yelled at them. They found some and Steve sniffed them. I slapped him and snatched them. "Oh don't be a buzzkill, y/n, we need em to piss some girl off." Sodapop explained and I threw them at him. "If I get them back dirty I'm going to hang you." I walked back to my room and they ran out.

I met Dally and I smiled, "Now where were we?" I asked and he hummed and our lips met again.

His hands made their way to familiar places, places they shouldn't be right now. They pawed at my ass and I pushed them away. "Not now," I whispered and he only gave me his look and kissed his way to my neck. I moved my head up so he'd have more room and he reached my new sweet spot. I let out a small moan and he loved it.

He went more at it knowing that it was a good spot and when he pulled away, it was sore. "Damn, you really know how to drive me wild." I said and he smiled and walked out. "Where are you going?" I called and he shrugged, "Come on!" He said when I turned around to clean up. I beamed with happiness and I left with him.

He walked me to the diner with his arm strung around me the entire time, scowling at the men who looked at me wrong.

When we arrived to the diner, I sat across him and we ordered just a basket of fries, nothing too much or fancy. We shared them while people watching the idiots who were fighting outside the window we were sitting at.

I looked back at him and he seemed weirdly upset. He was laughing, but it was an empty laugh, like something was on his mind that he couldn't get out. I grabbed his hand and I smiled at him, "Hey, let's dip." I said and he nodded. He pulled out his wallet and left a five on the table and we left.

I took his hand and we walked down to the water edge of the local lake. I watched him as he took a deep breath, and he met my gaze. "What do you want to do tonight?" He asked and I shrugged and look back and saw some guy, fishing naked. I pointed him out and we both started to laugh.

Once the man was out of sight, Dally kissed my cheek and I looked at him, "Why don't we stay in tonight? We haven't done that in a while." He suggested and I nodded. I gave him a sweet kiss and I said, "Sounds great."

He looked at me and kissed me again, but it was weird. He didn't want to let go, he just wanted our lips to stay together forever, and so I made sure they did. That was, until a tree fell a foot in front of us.

We launched back and I let out a short scream and he looked in terror, "Holy shit!" He exclaimed and I started to shake. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He asked me and he searched my entire body for any sign of harm. I eased up and I made him look at me. "Are you okay?" I asked and he cleared his throat and took time to think. "I- I think so," He said and I nodded.

Little did I know, that was just the start of the hell that was to come.