♡︎against me

"Everything and everybody seems to be against me today."

"I'm not, doll. I don't think I could ever be."

~~~

I walked up the stairs to my 3rd floor apartment. I hated this damn place, I couldn't wait to get out. I grabbed my keys and tried the door but it wouldn't budge.

Dallas followed up after me with groceries and I started to get annoyed and I shook the door before he took the keys from my hand and did it himself. I picked up some of the bags and brought them in and set them down.

When I opened the cabinet, everything fell out. I huffed and put everything back in and I put the new things in too. Dally hugged me from behind and moved the hair away from my neck so he could leave a tender kiss on it. I turned to look at him and I smiled.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. "I wanna stay in tonight." I said and he smiled and nodded. "I'll make you dinner." He said and I shook my head and laughed.

"I'm sorry but your cooking is terrible." I said and he pushed me away in fake anger and then pulled me back and kissed me again. "just gonna get takeout. I'll pick it up." I put my hand on his cheek and he smiled and his eyes stared at my lips and I giggled and kissed him one last time.

I grabbed the pamphlets from my kitchen drawer and went through them. "what do you want?" I asked him from the kitchen. "Chinese." He replied from the living room. I dialed up the number and ordered the food and grabbed the keys. I looked at him, sitting with his feet up on the coffee table with a beer in his hand watching some show. He met my gaze. "You sure you don't want me to go?" He asked and I shook my head. He sighed and looked back at the television.

I left and drove all the way to the place just to find out that they didn't even get my order. I had to wait an extra 20 minutes and the lady working kept getting pushier and pushier. On the way home, I almost got into an accident and the man got out and started to scream at me. Once I finally got home, I put the food on the counter and rushed to the bathroom. I rubbed off my makeup and nearly cried at my terrible day. I went back out and he had already started eating. I laid down on the couch and watched whatever he was watching. Once he finished, he sat down and I rested my head on his lap and I had a sour expression on my face.

He looked at me and caressed my face with the back of his hand and smiled. "Doll?" He asked and I met his beautiful eyes. "Mm?" I mumbled in response and he pulled me up and I hugged his arm and rested my head on his shoulder. "Doll what's the matter you only do this when you're upset." He said and I looked away.

"Everything and everybody seems to be against me today." I said and he sighed and he kissed my head. "I'm not doll, I don't think I could ever be." He responded and I let a small tear fall and I hugged tighter.

"How'd I get so unluckily lucky with a grease like you?" I asked and he scoffed. "You act like you're a soc." He responded and I giggled. "I'm neither Dallas, but I knew who you were." I said and he smiled and looked at me.

"Oh yeah? What did you think of me?" He said and I kissed his cheek. "That you were some dirty greaser who wanted to get in me." I said and he seemed so astonished. "Who said I changed?" He said I started to giggled and he kissed me passionately while I laughed.

~~~

And on the other end of the door, was Johnny, who didn't know Dallas was home, looking in and seeing the girl he'd liked for years make out with his best friend.