Chapter 2: New CEOs and SCPOMICE-VDADOCRM

All the monsters at Monsters Inc. panicked as they read the papers that scaring would no longer be needed.

"So it's true? No more scaring?" one monster asked.

"Do I still have a job?" another wondered.

"Can Laugh Energy power cars, warm homes and light the city?" a third remarked.

"Talk to Ms. Flint," Celia told them.

The power then flickered, making the others nervous.

"We're screwed," the first said.

"Yes, ma'am," the second replied.

"But I don't want things to change," another monster mumbled as he left.

"Says here kids aren't toxic if you touch 'em," Smitty said.

"What if they touch you?" Needleman asked.

"I assume you still burst into flames and die of barfing, like always," Smitty guessed.

"Oh, schmoopsie-poo!" Mike said, making Celia see him, Y/N, and Sulley come her way.

(A/N Your outfit and design, but in your fav and 2nd fav colors)

"Googly Bear! Thank goodness you're here

"Googly Bear! Thank goodness you're here. I need you to..." Celia started.

"Isn't this great? The factory's still open, nobody's out of work, no angry mob, and you know the best part?" Mike asked.

"We can go back to Harryhausen's?" Celia guessed.

"No. Me, Y/N, and Sulley are banned for life," he told her.

"Oh..." Celia sighed.

"The best part is, I get to flex my funny bone!" Mike replied.

"They have to overhaul this whole place for laughs," Sulley added.

"Listen, you three are wanted in Waternoose's office. Stat," Celia informed.

"Waternoose? But he was arrested yesterday," Y/N reminded.

"It's not Waternoose who wants to see you," Celia clarified.

The three looked at each other before going to the office to see Roz.

"Boys...and girl, we need to talk," Roz told them.

"Oh, Roz, what an unpleasant surprise," Mike remarked before almost walking away until Sulley made him stay.

"I had a little debrief with the Board of Directors, and they wanted me to relay the news. They're putting you three in charge," Roz informed.

The couple's eyes widened as Mike chuckled in delight.

"You're kidding," Sulley said.

"That's what I said. But Sullivan, M/L/N, you're officially the new Monsters, Inc. CEOs," Roz told them.

"Wow," Y/N smiled in astonishment.

"And, Wazowski, you're the..." Roz started.

"Wait. I got this. Senior Co-President of Monsters, Incorporated and Chief Executive Vice-Deputy Administrative Director of Comedy Resources Management, or, SCPOMICE-VDADOCRM for short," Mike said, sitting at the desk.

"Been working on that title, huh?" Y/N smirked.

"Yep. And proud of it," Mike stated.

Roz groaned then replied, "My work here is done."

"And Roz, you sure it's a good time to make us in charge? I mean, Sulley and I are getting married in five days," Y/N said.

(A/N Since this is said to take place between after they returned Boo and before the Laugh Floor was official, you and Sulley aren't married yet.)

"We thought of that and the Board wanted to help out with that. They will take care of everything," Roz assured.

"Alright," Y/N nodded.

"Okay," Sulley did the same.

"Well, adieu, Roz. True friends never say goodbye, so goodbye," Mike waved happily then said to his friends, "Can you believe it, guys? We're in charge. You two and me!"

"One last thing. The Board promised to give my sister my old job. She'll be in later. Good luck. She's not bubbly like me," Roz remarked then laughed as she left.

"That has a sister?" Mike asked in shock.

"Us in charge," Sulley said.

"I know, right?" Y/N shrugged with a smile.

Mike chuckled as he got the phone and informed, "Yeah. You heard right, we're in charge, Floor Supervisor Celia."

"What? Really?" Celia giggled.

"Yeah, yeah," Mike nodded.

"'Floor Supervisor'? Me?" she gasped.

"The first order of business should be your long overdue promotion," he told her.

"Everybody, get back to work! I'm practicing my Floor Supervisor voice," Celia remarked.

Then Mike shattered the picture of Waternoose on the desk.

"Oh, my gosh. I'm..." Celia started.

"Goodbye!" Mike told her, gave some kisses over the phone, hung up, then said, "I could get into this being-in-charge thing. Not that I'd use it for personal gain. How much should my raise be? What about a company car? You know, nothing..."

The power flickered again.

"There won't be any raise or car if we don't keep the power on. Let's get to the Scare Floor," Sulley pointed out.

"Laugh Floor," Mike corrected.

"'Laugh Floor.' Right, right. And we need to find a couple hundred more funny monsters," Sulley added.

"And maybe a new slogan is in order. If we're not scaring anymore, we don't need a scare slogan," Y/N pointed out.

"Yeah. That's right. Let's see...'We clown around to power the town'," Mike started.

"I'm thinking no," Sulley answered.

"'We are funny to keep the lights runny'," Mike continued.

"Keep trying, Mikey," Y/N giggled.

"How about this one..." Mike listed more as they left the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You, Sulley, and Mike are in charge of Monsters Inc.! Congrats!