Chapter 45: Getting New Players

Tylor was heading down in the elevator, trying to figure out what to do.

"I'm screwed, Giant Eye," he said.

Then the elevator stopped.

"Why, hello," Duncan's voice sounded.

"Duncan?" Tylor questioned.

"No! This is a mystery voice. An all-knowing voice. A voice that knows you're in need of some pro bowlers, so you and Jamie can get in good with Mr. Wazowski," Duncan said.

"Well, yeah. You got that right," Tylor remarked.

"Good! Then follow the signs," Duncan told him.

"What signs? I..." Tylor asked.

"Follow the signs," Duncan repeated.

"Are there speakers?" Tylor wondered.

"Follow the signs," Duncan said quickly.

So Tylor obeyed and found the janitor closet with a sign that said, "Secert Room" on it.

(A/N For those who haven't seen the series, that is not a typo. Duncan literally misspelled "secret".)

He entered to see a dimly lit closet where Duncan was.

"Welcome, Tylor," Duncan greeted in a different voice.

"Hey, Duncan. You know the sign says 'secert'," Tylor told him.

"I'm not Duncan," Duncan said in a deep voice.

"Now you're just doing a voice," Tylor pointed out.

"I'm not Duncan," Duncan repeated in a squeaky voice.

"What are we doing here?" Tylor asked.

"It's a mystery voice," Duncan replied in a British accent.

"Ah? Okay, that's fine. Whatever voice," Tylor said.

Then Smitty and Needleman came in, turning the light on.

"Hey, Duncan. You done with your 'secert room'?" Needleman asked.

"Secret!" Duncan shouted in his normal voice.

"Come on. We need our trashcan," Needleman complained.

"Turn the light off, you idiots! Ugh! Get out!" Duncan yelled as they obeyed then asked. "Where were we?"

"Pro bowlers," Tylor reminded.

"Uh...The Overnighters, yes. The third shift. The kind of monsters that monsters fear. They'll get you your win. And your girlfriend's and your Jokester dreams will come true," Duncan explained.

"Great. And...But just...Sorry. What do you get out of it?" Tylor asked.

"Just want you to sign a little contract. We'll call it a written agreement," Duncan remarked, pulling out a contract.

"That's literally what a contract is," Tylor pointed out.

"An agreement that stipulates that you will not in any way hereto now, with, or henceforth forward in perpetuity pursue Fritz's job," Duncan continued.

"Duncan, I told you the day I got..." Tylor started.

"Mystery voice," Duncan interrupted.

"I do not care about Fritz's job. I don't want the job," Tylor continued,

"But now it's legally binding," Duncan remarked, waving the pen around.

"Cool. Fine. Just stop with the voice. Whatever. I'll sign it. Just get me the bowlers, okay? There," Tylor said, signing the contract.

"It is done!" Duncan declared.

"You're done?" Needleman asked, turning the light on.

"No! I'm not done. You said you wouldn't be back until 5:47. Get out!" Duncan shouted.

"Oh, but we have Fright Club in here," Smitty said.

"Don't tell him that. Did you forget the first rule of Fright Club?" Needleman asked while pushing Smitty out then turned the lights off before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh man. I don't trust this Duncan. As I've said, I feel I have to clarify since I like the Duncan from Total Drama. Anyway, back to it.