Chapter 105: Where More Hair Is

The MIFTers had a table set up in the middle of the hallway and began eating as Benitez came by.

"Annual David lunch?" she asked.

"Want a sandwich? We've got roast beast, we've got ham and sleaze..." Fritz listed.

"Thanks, but had a big breakfast. Stench toast," Benitez answered, leaving.

"So, David had lunch in the hallway?" Tylor asked.

"Has lunch in the hallway," Val corrected.

"He used to eat his lunch in the hallway on the way to a repair," Jamie said.

"David? Yeah, yeah. He had great hair. From tip to toe. I used to have hair," Duncan commented.

"Speaking of David's hair, how'd you manage to get some of it?" Tylor asked.

"Found it in the shredder shaft," Cutter answered.

"Right, the shredder shaft. Yeah, you mentioned that before. So, where is that?" Tylor wondered.

"It's where dead doors go to die," Duncan said creepily.

"And here we go," Jamie replied, rolling her eyes.

"When the Door Division's records show that a door is no longer safe and must be decommissioned, the door is redirected to the shredder shaft. Here, the door is removed from its frame, placed onto a conveyor, and then the hinges and knobs are detached for reuse. Next, the door is blasted, first with heat, then with sand, to remove stickers and paint. And at last, the final stage, wherein the door is ground to sawdust. And blown into the vents of oblivion!" Duncan explained over dramatically then added normally, "Leaving one rife with existential pondering."

"So, the shredder shaft, that's where David's last repair job was," Tylor guessed.

"Routine repair. Doorknob jam in Shredder Shaft B. And ever since the accident, it's been shut down," Fritz said.

That's when Tylor got an idea then looked at Jamie, who looked uneasy about it, but she knew he was gonna go through with it.

"Oh, hey, jeez, you know, I think I feel those barfolo wings coming for me again. Yeah, so, excuse me," Tylor replied before leaving.

"Excuse me too," Jamie added before leaving herself.

"Oh! A number five," Fritz said.

"But what about Jamie?" Duncan asked.

"She's being a good girlfriend," Val answered.

"Whatever," Duncan scoffed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh man oh man oh man!