Chapter 104: A Hairy Match

Tylor then walked down the hall, trying to think of something.

"This isn't a problem, Tylor. You're reliable, all right? All you gotta do is find Roto and get that hair back. All right, buddy? Just somehow you gotta get that hair back," Tylor said to himself.

Then he noticed Roze go down the hall in the opposite direction as him and saw that her hair was the same color as David's, giving him an idea. A bad idea, but an idea.

"Attention Monsters, Inc. employees, have a safe and hairy David Day," the announcer replied over the com.

He went for the approach with scissors, but stopped when she turned in his direction.

"Oh! Oh! Look at this! Look at that. That's crazy. You know, I've always wanted trampoline lessons," Tylor commented.

"You know, it's cheaper if you use Goopon. Much better deal," Phlegm responded, passing by.

After he left, Tylor attempted to get more hair.

"You're standing in front of the coffee screamer," Roze told him.

"Uh, oh! Right, right. Uh, sorry. Uh...There ya go. Thanks. Okay, cool, yeah," Tylor said.

He chuckled then they headed for the vending machines.

"Oh, yeah, good call, good call. I could use a snack too. Yeah, awesome," Tylor nodded then added, "Commercial Break Donate Enjoying your read so far? Please consider a donation to help cover the costs of providing this service."

"Thanks!" Roze remarked.

He then attempted to cut the hair again.

"Hey, Roze. I finished my paperwork early this week," Gary said as he came in.

"You're a doll, Gary," Roze smiled, heading toward him.

"And color-coded for your filing pleasure," Gary smirked.

"Such a charmer," Roze stated.

"That's right," Gary chuckled then added, "Charm school. Top of my class."

Tylor put the scissors away then accidentally knocked over Roze's purse where he saw her brush that had a lock of her hair in it.

"Jackpot!" Tylor said.

"Can I help you?" Roze asked, making him turn around.

"Help me? No. Well, yes. No. Well...Look, I was just...Somebody left their purse here. I was trying to find out whose it was. Could be Rivera's, actually. You know, the 'R'," Tylor answered then wondered as Josh, a fellow monster, walked by, "Hey, Josh! Is this your purse?"

"No, mine has a 'J'," Josh answered.

"What are you really up to?" Roze asked, not buying it.

Tylor sighed and explained, "Okay. Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I've been trying my best to be a really good MIFTer lately, but, uh...You know, I'm trying to be honest and reliable. But I keep letting them down and now I'm kinda in this situation where, long story short, I gotta get a lock of your hair."

"What?" a familiar voice asked.

Tylor and Roze turned to see Jamie with her arms crossed.

"Uh oh," Tylor said.

"I'm calling security," Roze decided.

"No. No. You don't need to...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you," Tylor told her, putting her purse down.

Then he looked up to see Roto crawling above them.

"Bye," Tylor waved then said, taking Jamie's hand, "Come on, Jamie."

"And you're in trouble," Jamie remarked.

"I know, but please help me catch Roto," he pleaded as they stopped.

She sighed and answered, "Fine, but you owe me."

"How about dinner at Harryhausen's, roller skating, and your favorite movie?" Tylor suggested.

Jamie looked like she was thinking about it, looked at him with a smirk, and answered, "I think I can live with that."

Tylor chuckled then they began going after Roto.

"Roto, wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait...Roto!" the couple called.

As they chased him, Val drove up to them.

"Double T! J! There you are. You okay?" Val asked.

"Uh, hey! Yeah, sure, yeah, I'm fine, fine. Why would you ask?" Tylor wondered.

"You had the barfolo wings. So, you know..." Val clarified.

"Right, the stomach thing. Yeah, feelin' much better now, thanks for asking. Yeah," Tylor nodded.

"We should be good to come to lunch?" Jamie asked, looking at Tylor and he nodded hesitantly.

Val gasped and declared, "Cosmic! We'll have lunch with David."

"No! No! We don't want to go down there and bother him," Tylor pointed out.

"We're not gonna bother him. We're gonna meet him. Where he always has lunch," Val told them as they got in the car.

"Whoa!" the couple exclaimed as Val hit the gas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N And now Jamie is involved! AHH!