Chapter 120: Successful Laughs

Tylor sighed as he reached for the knob.

"Here goes," he said.

"Hey," Jamie started, getting his attention, kissed him, then told him, "Good luck."

"You too," Tylor smiled.

Tylor then went in with the box of donuts and stepped over some toys before the child woke up and he slipped and fell, the donuts hanging off him and the child laughing.

The canister filled up a bit before he came back out.

"Hey, good job," Val told him.

"Was it? I mean, she hardly even giggled," Tylor remarked.

"Well, it's a start," Val stated.

"Yeah. Every little bit helps," Jamie pointed out.

"Ty-Ty! J!" Fritz called, gettin their attention.

"Get back in there, you two! You got more giggles to get," Cutter said.

"Rah-rah, sis boom blah," Duncan added boredly.

Then Val prepared a new door and Jamie went in, saying funny words and making funny noises. The canister filled up about the same amount.

They switched as they made more kids laugh. The other Jokesters did the same before they filled up all of their canisters.

"Two minutes remaining," Celia announced.

"Almost there. It's all up to you, Mikey," Sulley said.

"Okay! Load her up, Fungus," Mike instructed.

"Yes, sir," Fungus responded.

Mike went inside and Fungus went to get another canister, but found the shelves empty.

"We're out of canisters! No more canisters!" Fungus freaked out.

"No! It's okay. Smitty found one more out back," Needleman said, holding up a beat-up canister.

"Thanks!" Fungus said then urged as he hooked it up,"Come on. Come on. Come on."

But once attached, it started rattling like crazy.

"Faulty canister. Faulty canister! Run!" Fungus said as he ran.

It then blasted in the air before breaking.

"Where out back did you find that canister?" Needleman asked.

"Out back by the dumpster," Smitty answered.

The buzzer sounded as Mike came out of the door.

"Faulty canister, sir," Fungus informed.

"Well, get another one!" Mike urged.

"There are no 'another ones'!" Fungus yelled.

"Except for mamma's sweet baby," Cutter stated, bringing in a giant canister.

"What is that?" Mike asked then chuckled while asking, "Is that a..."

"Tylor's idea," Jamie said.

"Laugh power is ten times more powerful than screams. So you need a bigger canister. Cutter likey," Cutter explained.

"Well, hook it up. Hook it up!" Mike said.

"Forty-five seconds," Roz announced.

"You got this, Mikey," Sulley encouraged.

"Good luck, Googly Bear," Celia said.

"Go, big bro!" Y/N cheered.

Mike went in and made the child laugh as Roz counted down until eventually Mike came back out.

"Thank you, thank you," Mike said, closed the door, then wondered, "Well?"

The buzzer then sounded and they were over a million gigglewatts.

"Laugh power is saved!" Roz declared.

Everyone cheered at that.

"Nice going, Mike. Monsters Inc. is saved. Congratulations," Tylor replied.

"Way to go, Mike," Jamie said.

"You're the comedy king, Mr. Wazowski," Val added.

"Say, Roz. Why don't you get Roze over here to celebrate? It's strange, I haven't picked up her scent today," Mike smirked.

"Called in sick," Roz answered.

"She's not sick. You're her. She's you," Mike stated, Roz groaned, and Mike continued. "You change sweaters and hair color. Two monsters can't have the same bad breath. Reveal your true identity."

Everyone congratulated each other as Tylor, Jamie, and Val chatted.

"You know what? I think we three made a pretty good team today," Val stated.

"Yeah, we did," Tylor agreed.

"For sure," Jamie did the same.

"Oh, Ty-Ty, J, I am so proud of you. That big canister saved the day," Fritz said.

"That was all Tylor," Jamie pointed out.

"You helped with it too," Tylor told her.

"Yeah," Duncan started, cleared his throat, then added, "Not bad, you two. Could have been worse, but it wasn't."

"You bet it wasn't. In fact, if it wasn't for your laughs and that big canister, we'd be out of business. Welcome to the Laugh Floor," Mike told them.

"Wait, you mean..." Jamie started.

"Guys, you're officially Jokesters!" Mike declared.

"We'll see you back here first thing in the morning," Y/N smiled.

"Nice job, Tylor and Jamie," Sulley said as they started leaving.

"No, no, no, no. This was just for today. We're, uh..." Tylor started.

Fritz handed him the acceptance letter, making Tylor realize this was where he and Jamie were meant to be.

"We're going to be Jokesters," the couple said.

"We got your new desks all ready for you," Fritz informed.

They looked at their desk with their things and pictures of them and the MIFTers. This was really where they belonged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N THEY DID IT! NICE!