Chapter 26: The Baseball Game

Mike hummed excitedly as he dragged the disguised baby in the bucket into the game with Sulley and Y/N.

"Mike," Sulley warned.

"I'm being a good Snore-sitter," Mike insisted.

"We're in trouble," Y/N said.

"It's a monstrous night for baseball here at Creepees stadium. We're in the middle of the first between your Monstropolis Creepees and the visiting Boostown Red Shocks," the announcer, Bob, replied.

"Go Red Shocks!" a monster shouted.

"I'm Bob Yucker and TJ Clawson is making a run for the history books tonight. After yesterday..." Bob continued.

"Pardon me. Coming through. Baby on board. Oh, here we are," Mike called as they went down the bleachers then exclaimed, "Ooh! In the front row."

"Let's go Red Shocks!" an RS fan shouted.

"Pardon me, do you mind keeping your screams to a whisper?" Mike requested.

"Mike..." Sulley and Y/N warned.

"Come on, Creepees!" Mike cheered.

"And here's the man of the hour. TJ Clawson's stepping to the plate and this crowd is going wild!" Bob continued.

The crowd cheered loudly in response.

"What a team! There's no stopping us now," Mike said.

"Jose Fingers on the mound for the Shocks, stares in for a sign and here he comes, a three-ball pitch. TJ Clawson, a swing and a drive to deep left field, way back. Get up! The Green Monster is gonna catch it though and he does," Bob explained.

"Oh..." Mike groaned.

"Nothing gets past the Green Monster," Bob commented.

The monster behind the trio continued chanting, annoying them. The baby was starting to wake up because of it.

"Hi there," Mike greeted.

"Let's go..." the RS fan chanted.

"Red Shocks fan, huh? Well, I, for one, can appreciate that. Team spirit and all. But us Creepees fans put family first, and like to keep things calm and noiseless. For the children," Mike said.

"And don't forget..." Bob started.

The Red Shocks fan growled at Mike.

"Thank you, buddy," Mike thanked.

"I'm not sure this was such a good idea, bringing the baby," Sulley pointed out.

"We tried to warn him," Y/N added.

"Oh, oh, I see. You two get to go out and have fun while I'm stuck taking care of the baby," Mike objected.

"But you got to go..." Sulley said.

"No. You would've rather brought Fungus than dragged boring old me and the baby," Mike ranted.

"You're not boring. We didn't mean..." Y/N said.

"I get it," Mike grumbled.

The baby then started crying.

"See what you two've done," Mike remarked.

"What we've done? Maybe she's hungry," Sulley said.

"Give me your rotdog," Mike ordered.

"Oh no," Y/N replied as Mike got it.

"You can't give a human baby a rotdog!" Sulley told him.

"Oh! Now all of a sudden you're the experts," Mike remarked.

"I'm just saying, you don't know what's in those things," Sulley pointed out.

"You really don't," Y/N added.

"My mother always said, 'You make 'em try something once, or they'll become picky eaters'," Mike said while feeding the rotdog to the baby, then told her, "Don't let that big hair ball and my crazy sister tell you what you like and don't like, my little grubby wubby."

"Excuse me?" Y/N snapped.

Before Mike could respond, the baby let out a long burp before a short one.

"Whoa! Now that's a burp. See? She loves it," Mike said.

"That's one way to put it," Y/N remarked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This oughta be a crazy baseball game.