Chapter 18: The Dinner

At the end of the work day, Jamie and Tylor were leaving Monsters Inc.

"Hey. I'm gonna head home and get ready for dinner with your folks. Is that okay?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah. You want me to pick you up?" Tylor offered.

"Sure," she nodded, quickly wrote something, then said as she handed it to him, "Here's my address."

"Okay. I'll come pick you up at six," he said, to which she agreed.

They then went their separate ways.

Once at her place, she got ready in a nice outfit.

(A/N Her outfit.)

When she was done, there was a knock on the door

When she was done, there was a knock on the door. She went to the door and answered it to see Tylor with a single flower in his hand and a black bow tie on. His eyes widened a bit at her.

"Wow. You look great," he said.

"Thanks. You do too," she told him.

"Thanks. This is for you," Tylor replied, giving her the flower.

"It's pretty," Jamie responded, smelling it.

He then brought her to his car and they drove to his place. They went inside where his parents greeted them.

"Jamie! How have you been?" Mr. Tuskmon asked.

"I've been great. How about you, Mr. Tuskmon?" Jamie returned.

"I've been well," he said.

"Dinner's ready!" Millie called from the kitchen.

They went in and Tylor helped Jamie in her seat. He then helped with putting the dinner out on the table before sitting beside her and they all started eating.

"So, when Tylor told me about where he works, he mentioned you a lot," Mr. Tuskmon said.

"Dad!" Tylor complained, making Jamie giggle.

"It's true. Even you didn't complain as much about the MIFTers after mentioning her," Millie chimed in, making Tylor groan.

"Well, the MIFTers can be overwhelming, but they mean well. I bonded with most of them," Jamie said.

"'Most'?" Mr. Tuskmon questioned.

"Well, one member, Duncan, isn't the best. Even almost got Tylor hurt. But I've got his back when it comes to Duncan," Jamie assured.

Tylor couldn't help but smile at her.

"Well, that's good to hear. So how's your family?" Millie wondered.

"They're good," Jamie answered.

The night went on before it was time for Jamie to head home. Tylor drove her back, but they decided to hang back in the car.

"Tonight was fun. It was great to see your folks again," Jamie told him.

"Yeah. They love to embarrass me," Tylor replied.

"All parents do," she pointed out.

They both chuckled at that.

"You know, I've been thinking," he mentioned.

"About what?" Jamie wondered.

"Well, you know I'm planning on taking Mike's comedy classes to hopefully work on the Laugh Floor," Tylor said.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"And since you're the funniest monster I know, you should join too. I mean officially since I know you came mainly to make sure I was okay after what went down with Duncan," he explained.

Jamie thought about it for a minute then said, "I appreciate you thinking about me like that. I just might take you up on that offer."

"I hope you do," Tylor responded.

She soon hugged him, which he returned, then said, "Thanks for tonight."

"You're welcome," he remarked.

She then kissed his cheek before leaving the car and heading to the door. Before going inside, she waved to him, which he did the same for her. Once she went inside, he drove off. She soon smiled as she held at the flower he gave her earlier. She then realized her feelings for Tylor were really coming back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N That was a good dinner.