Chapter 118: A Surprise Emergency

Then Cutter went in the girls' locker room and to Jamie.

"Hey, Jamie," Cutter called.

"What's up, Cutter?" Jamie asked.

"Fritz has a 'surprise emergency' for you and Tylor," Cutter answered.

"Doesn't surprise me," Jamie giggled before following her.

Then Fritz went in the boys' locker room to get Tylor.

"Ty-Ty, we need you and Jamie down in MIFT. There's an emergency!" Fritz said once he found him.

"What kind?" Tylor wondered.

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise. A surprise emergency..." Fritz answered, they all got there, then Fritz finished, "with cake!"

"I had a feeling," Jamie giggled a bit.

"Surprise, Double T and J!" Val told them.

"Thank you," they thanked.

"You're welcome!" she responded.

"A surprise emergency!" Fritz declared.

"Whoo-hoo!" Val cheered.

They let a horn sound off.

"I know we don't have much time, but we wanted to wish you both good luck. Help yourselves to some dead David cake," Fritz told them.

"Not dead!" Val corrected.

"It's been in the freezer for a few years, so it's got a little bite," Cutter said.

"Aw! Thanks, guys. That's really kind," Jamie told them.

"We wish we had more time, but we have to get upstairs," Tylor added.

"Right! Now, everybody, pick a letter in Tylor's and Jamie's names and say something nice and good luck-y about them," Fritz said.

"Oh, I'll go first. Uh... 'T'. 'T' is for 'treason' while 'J' is for 'jerk'," Duncan started.

"Something nice!" Val remarked.

"Tedious. Jail time. Two-faced! Jobless in time!" Duncan said.

"Duncan!" Val scolded.

"Yeah, yeah, all right. Uh... Well, 'T' is, uh, for 'thank you.' Thank you for being a worthy, stupid adversary. And 'J' is for jazzy because I'll admit it, you liven the place up," Duncan explained with a slight sniffle.

"'Y' is for 'You proved me wrong, kid.' Figured you'd leave here in a box. Consider me impressed. And 'A' is for amazing how long you put up with us and how amazing you are," Cutter added on.

"'L' is for 'love.' As in, we love you, Tylor. And we sure would love you to stay, but...'O' is for 'Oh, well.' 'M' is for a miracle we didn't know we needed while 'I' is for how incredibly loved you are here too," Fritz said.

"'R' is for 'remember.' Remember when I met you in Origins of Fear class? I thought to myself, 'One day that big doofus is gonna be my best...bud'," Val sobbed then managed to finish through tears, "And 'E' is for how excited we are for you in this opportunity."

Jamie couldn't help but cry a bit at the MIFTers' kind words. She sniffled a bit as she wiped her tears away and in response, Tylor side-hugged her, to which she returned.

"Uh, wow, guys. Thanks. It means a lot. The day I got here, this was the last place that I wanted to be. I mean, the fluorescent lights gave me a headache. It smelled like Roto's pee," Tylor began.

"And I'll admit; when I started here, I was a bit skeptical that I would really like it here," Jamie added.

"But now..." Tylor replied, looked at Jamie, who nodded, sighed, then finished, "Maybe this is where we belong."

"You're staying?" Cutter asked.

"You two want to stay? You both wanna stay?" Fritz asked happily.

"Are you sure? 'Cause I know you two, and you really..." Val began.

"Don't question it, Val. They want to stay. They just said they want to stay," Fritz said.

"Well, okay. You did throw away all your joke stuff," Val pointed out.

"Welcome back to MIFT, Ty-Ty and J," Fritz replied then requested, "Val, help me with their boxes."

Then Fritz went into his office.

"I was so sad. The boy and girl I never had. Up and ran away. But now, I'm filled with joy. My metaphoric girl and boy. Has come back..." he sang then read, "Commercial Break Donate Enjoying your read so far? Please consider a donation to help cover the costs of providing this service. Thanks!"

But then he heard a toy squeak.

"Huh?" Fritz questioned.

He then found a whoopee cushion.

"I knew it. He didn't throw out his joke stuff," Val said as she walked in.

They then pulled out his old acceptance letter.

"'Dear Mister Tuskmon...'" Fritz began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time to get Tylor and Jamie on the Laugh Floor.