Chapter 30: Another Company Play, Mike?

"Oh, no. They're in trouble, folks. It's the bottom of the fifth and the Creepees are still down, three-two. Ron Volasko has one more shot at a base hit here," Bob announced.

"Go Red Shocks! Come on!" another RS fan chanted.

"Fingers working from the stretch. Here he comes. Volasko, a swing and a miss. He struck him out," Bob continued.

"Oh, brother, did you miss it. Clawson hit two fast balls. Oh, I got a good feelin' tonight's the night. Isn't that great?" Sulley said before noticing how mad Mike was when he and the baby got back.

"I'm so glad that you two enjoyed it," Mike grumbled.

"Oh, uh...Hmm...Well, if there's anything you need us to help out with," Y/N said.

"How about you're both cooking dinner tonight and doin' the dishes?" Mike suggested.

"Cooking? Well, uh, maybe we can order out," Sulley followed.

"Order out? Order...That's all we do. Why can't we have a nice home-cooked family meal together? Answer me that!" Mike demanded.

"But you like ordering out," Sulley pointed out.

"That was before the baby," Mike remarked.

"How do you two sound more married than Sulley and I will be?" Y/N asked.

"Hey! You two windbags and hottie mind? I'm trying to watch the game," the RS fan demanded.

The baby started crying at that.

"Mind your own business. This is between us," Mike said.

"And the hottie is my fiance," Sulley growled lightly while putting an arm around her.

The Red Shocks fan growled at them.

"It's okay, Snore. Go back to sleep. Shh," Mike comforted.

"Mike, do something," Sulley told him.

"Let's go, Red Shocks!" the RS fan chanted.

"Maybe you could sing to her," Y/N suggested.

"We're at a baseball game. I'm not gonna sing to her," Mike remarked.

"Let's go, Red Shocks!" the RS fan continued.

"Shh. It's okay, Snore. Go back to sleep," Mike whispered.

But as the chants and insults continued from the monster behind them, Mike got more mad since it was making the baby cry.

"Okay, that's it! Listen, gasbag. How is the baby supposed to sleep with you makin' all that racket?" Mike said.

"You's talking to me?" the RS fan demanded.

"Uh, no, actually. I was rehearsing a play that we're doing with our local theater group. Yeah. It's called 'How's that baby supposed to sleep with you making all that racket'?'" Mike said nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Mike, you keep digging yourself a hole with these "company plays".