Chapter 54: You Sure It's Not a Cover-Up?

Jamie then ran in to see what happened.

"Oh my gosh. What happened?" she asked.

"He did it," Tylor and Duncan said, pointing to each other.

Jamie sighed while rubbing her temples. She then looked up to see some canisters wedged into the ceiling.

"Tylor, let's get the lift and get those canisters. Duncan, Cutter, take care of the ones down here," she instructed.

"Excuse me. I'm the supervisor and I make the rules," Duncan said then ordered, "You and College Boy take care of the ones on the ceiling. Cutter, help me with these on the floor."

"That's literally what Jamie said," Tylor remarked.

"But she's not supervisor, is she?" Duncan smirked.

Tylor about went at him, but Jamie stopped him.

"Let's just get the canisters, okay?" she told him.

He nodded and they got on the lift. Tylor made it raise to where they were at the ceiling.

"Now, what actually happened?" Jamie asked as they started.

"Well, Cutter and I let one canister blast at Duncan and he tried to do one at me, but it went crazy, blasting him all over the room and here we are. Not to mention he suggested making you come in and giving him a massage," Tylor answered.

"Ty," she sighed as she got a canister loose.

"I know. But I already asked you to let me put up with him. And he had that canister coming to him," he said as he got a canister loose.

"But that doesn't mean I like it or that you have to get back at him," Jamie pointed out then told him, "Tylor, I appreciate you doing all this for me. I really do, but I'm more frustrated with Duncan doing all that to you."

She then had trouble getting another canister out. She slipped, but he caught her in a dip.

"Thanks," she said.

"I've always got you," he told her.

Jamie smiled as she caressed his cheek, telling him, "I know."

Tylor smiled as he helped her back to her feet. He then went and got the canister for her.

"Show off," she joked with a smirk, making him laugh lightly.

"You got one more up there, lovebirds," Cutter called, making them look down at her.

Jamie giggled at that as Tylor blushed before trying to get the last one. She even helped him, but they couldn't get it.

"Forget that last canister. It's not goin' anywhere," Tylor said and lowered himself and Jamie back down.

"Tylor! You're not gonna believe this. Power's out all over Monstropolis. A M.E.R.C. investigator is on his way. Heads are gonna roll..." Val started as she came in, saw the mess, then asked, "Whoa. What happened?"

"Duncan/College Boy did it," Tylor and Duncan said.

"You're in charge," Tylor reminded.

"It's not about me," Duncan remarked.

"I say you both did it," Cutter stated.

"It was your idea," Tylor said.

"Yeah. It's your fault," Duncan replied.

"But you acted on it," Cutter said.

"Not about me," Duncan repeated.

"Sounds like you're all accountable. And I know Jamie isn't because she was with me before the power went out," Val explained.

"So you're also accountable. If it wasn't for you, Duncan wouldn't be supervisor," Tylor told her.

"I'm not losing my pension over this," Cutter said.

"Well, I'm not losing Jamie's and my shots at the Laugh Floor," Tylor said.

"Okay, okay. All right. The only way to save our jobs is to hide all the evidence and make sure nobody ever finds out the truth," Duncan suggested.

"I don't know, Duncan. Sounds like you're suggesting a cover-up," Val pointed out.

"No! Not a cover-up. Just a thing where we all conspire to avoid accountability for our actions," Duncan corrected.

"So, a cover-up," Cutter told him.

"No! Why is this concept so difficult to grasp? Not a cover-up," Duncan said.

"It sure sounds like one," Jamie stated, making Duncan groan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Definitely sounds like a cover-up.