Chapter 112: A Bigger Canister

Tylor gathered the other MIFTers around the dry erase board.

"All righty, MIFTers, as you all have heard, Monsters Inc. has to..." Tylor started.

"Whoa! Who put you in charge of the dry erase board? You need deputy supervisor permission to use that equipment," Duncan remarked.

"Can I use the dry erase board, Duncan?" Tylor asked.

"Yeah, go ahead. No big deal. Continue," Duncan answered.

"What was..." Jamie started then said, "You know what? Never mind."

"Monsters Inc. has to increase its gigglewatt output, or we're shut down. So, I thought us MIFTers could get to working on some ideas," Tylor explained.

"I got an idea. Go back to scream power. If it ain't broke..." Duncan started.

"Duncan!" Val and Jamie scolded.

"Bump my pay, I'll laugh all the way to the bank, amigo," Cutter said.

"Uh, okay, let's think this through. Ten times the power means ten times the canisters. So, maybe instead of the little canisters, we make a bigger canister," Tylor said as he drew on the board.

"But bigger than your drawing? 'Cause the one in your drawing looks so small and cute," Fritz pointed out.

Jamie got up and stood by Tylor.

"Can I?" she asked.

He nodded and handed the marker to her.

"So a normal canister is this size," she said, holding up a canister for scream power, then added while drawing a big vertical rectangle, "So the new canister should be about this size. Make sense?"

She held the canister by the drawing for comparison.

"Oh. I get it," Fritz nodded in understanding.

She handed the marker back to Tylor, who smiled at her. She returned it as she went back to her seat.

"Fewer canisters, less load and reload time," Val pointed out.

"A more efficient Laugh Floor," Cutter added.

"I like my 'bring back scare power' idea. Boom, scream, done," Duncan remarked.

"Cutter, make a prototype," Fritz said.

"Big canister. Picking up what you're putting down. On it," Cutter responded as she, Fritz, and Duncan dispersed.

"Well, uh, there's probably gonna be more stuff to figure out," Tylor replied while erasing the board.

"You think you both'll have time between regular work and comedy class?" Val asked.

"Oh, well, I, uh...I wouldn't worry about that," Tylor replied sadly as he slowed down the erasing process.

"Huh?" Val questioned.

"I am not going to comedy class anymore," Tylor said.

"Uh, but, uh..." Val started.

"It's true. I'm still going because he wants me to, but even Mike wants him back," Jamie told her.

"Well, I threw all my Jokester stuff away. You know, the books, the naked poultry, the...anyway, there's not really any point," Tylor explained as he finished erasing the board.

"Now that's not true," Jamie commented.

"No, you didn't," Val shook her head.

"Yeah, threw it all away in the trash. All of it," Tylor said.

"I don't believe you," Val disagreed.

"Yeah, Val, the, uh...The Jokester thing just...was, uh...never really gonna happen. But, uh, you know, full-time MIFTer here," Tylor declared, chuckled, then added, "Guess you're stuck with me for good."

"Me too. Because if you don't go back to class, I'm staying a MIFTer," Jamie said.

"Jamie," he started to object.

"Nope. Even if it's 'funny business' to be a Jokester, it'll be boring without you. Let's be honest, you're stuck with me regardless," she smirked, resting her elbow on his shoulder.

Tylor chuckled before responding, "Alright."

"I can't get over you two," Val giggled.

"Tylor Tuskmon and Jamie Danger, report to the Simulation Room," the announcer over the com said.

The couple then went to see what they were needed for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N When I saw that it was Tylor's idea, I was like "OMG!"