Chapter 106: Dodging a Bullet

Tylor and Jamie went on the chairlift and went to the shredder shaft that was closed down as Roto followed them, growling. They eventually made it and Tylor about got out until Jamie grasped his arm.

"Tylor, I don't know about this," she said.

"I know, but it's the only option I have," he pointed out.

"Just please be careful," Jamie requested.

"I will," Tylor assured with a small smile.

They kissed quickly then he went inside as she kept watch and made sure he was okay. He looked around until he found some hair.

"Hey, look at that. That was easy," Tylor commented.

But then his horn got caught on the main lever, turning the power on.

"Uh, Tylor?" Jamie called.

But before they could react, Tylor was whisked away into the shaft.

"No! No! No, no, no!" they both exclaimed.

"Tylor! Come back!" Jamie shouted.

"I can't!" Tylor yelled.

After he went through the knob and hinge removal, the heat lamps came up.

"No! Turn...Somebody turn those off. Those are hot. Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!" Tylor exclaimed, they went away, then commented, "Okay."

"Tylor!" Jamie shouted.

"Jamie!" Tylor yelled.

Then the sander came up.

"Yeah, what is..." Tylor started, the walls closed around him, then remarked, "Oh, no!"

He coughed as the sander finished up.

"I'm coming to get you out!" Jamie said, about to get out.

"No! Stay there!" Tylor told her.

But then the shredder appeared.

"Whoa! No, no, no, no! Ah! No! Ah! No, no, no, no, no!" Tylor panicked, trying to get away from it.

"TYLOR! NO!" Jamie hollered as tears formed in her eyes.

He managed to jam the shredder with his helmet until it shot at him, knocking him out. Then everything that happened that day played through his mind with the last being Jamie echoing, "I think I can live that."

He then woke to an all black area until he saw the sun shining through clouds and a door. It opened to reveal the outline of a hairy monster.

"Hello?" Tylor called.

"Hello, Tylor," the monster greeted.

"Oh! Uh... Oh, no. Oh, no. No, no. Am I...Am I, uh..." Tylor asked.

"Go into the light," the monster instructed.

"Wait, you mean, I am, or..." Tylor tried to clarify.

"Every cloud has a silver lining," the monster added.

"So I'm not? I just...I wanna be clear," Tylor requested.

"Time waits for no one," the monster continued.

"Oh, wait, are you...Are you David?" Tylor asked.

"The grass is always greener on the other side," the monster stated.

"Yeah, you're definitely David. Hey, look, between you and me, these are all pretty common sayings," Tylor pointed out.

"Ask a silly question, get a silly answer," David replied.

"I've heard that before," Tylor said.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," David went on.

"And that one," Tylor added.

"Boondy Bear had no hair, that bare-haired bear," David stated.

"Right. Speaking, actually, of Boondy Bear and the hair, I really need a favor," Tylor started.

"Love is all you need," David told him.

"And hair. If you could give me some of your hair, that would really help me out," Tylor said.

"Yield to oncoming traffic," David replied.

"Yeah, so road signs are not sayings," Tylor remarked.

"It is done!" David declared, making some hair appear in Tylor's hand.

"Oh, wow! Thanks, David," Tylor thanked then asked, "Oh, hey, hey, before you dissolve or whatever, uh, I have a question. You know everybody at MIFT loves you, and I was just kinda wondering, what's your secret?"

"Be reliable and honest," David answered.

"Right. Hmm," Tylor smiled a bit.

"And don't eat barfolo wings. They can give you a number six," David informed before the door closed.

Tylor then woke up to find Roto, growling in his hand, which made him smile.

Jamie sobbed as she hugged her knees to her chest, believing she lost Tylor.

"Jamie!" a familiar voice called.

She jerked her head up and looked to see Tylor running back to the chairlift.

"Tylor!" Jamie shouted happily.

Once at the chairlift, she hugged his waist tight while sobbing.

"I thought you were dead," Jamie cried into his chest.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," Tylor told her with a slight chuckle.

"I'm serious. I can't live without you, Ty. If you were gone, I wouldn't have a reason to breathe," she said.

They parted and Tylor looked a little taken back by what she said, but in a good way.

"You really feel that way?" he asked.

"Of course. I love you," Jamie said.

Tylor smiled, caressed her cheek, wiped a tear from her cheek, then returned, "I love you too. And you're my reason to breathe too."

They then kissed passionately for a good bit until they needed to breathe.

"Let's head back. Hopefully Roto can cough up the hair," Jamie suggested.

"Yeah," Tylor nodded and they headed back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I really did freak out when Tylor almost got shredded.