Chapter 93: Mini MIFTers

They all then went in the elevator and headed down.

"We're going down We're going down, down, down We're going where?" Fritz sang, making Thalia sigh.

"Thanks for trading, Val," Tylor thanked.

Jamie smiled in thanks, even though she didn't know what her boyfriend was up to.

"Good luck!" Val told them.

"Hey, there, Thalia. I'm Tylor. Tylor Tuskmon. And this is my girlfriend, Jamie Danger. Eh? Remember our names," Tylor introduced them.

"Hi," Jamie waved.

Thalia just sighed at that.

"We're going down to MIFT We're going down to MIFT For the next nine hours...Including lunch and two 15-minute breaks. I want you to think of this place as your, um, you know, your, um..." Fritz explained.

"Home away from home?" Jamie asked.

"Your home away from hope. Buckle up," Fritz said before they split up.

"Okay, let's play two truths and a lie. I'll go first. When I was 12, I swallowed someone's tooth. Duncan's middle name's Pepperidge. And I hate trying new things," Val replied.

"No. I bet you love trying new things, right?" Alexander said.

Val gasped then stated, "Right. You totally get me."

"Yes! Whoo-hoo!" the two cheered.

"And here we are, child. The workplace of Duncan P. Anderson, deputy supervisor," Duncan said.

"My name is Oscar, not child," the kid, Oscar, corrected.

"You don't have any interest in Fritz's job, do you?" Duncan questioned.

"No," Oscar shook his head.

"Then you wouldn't mind signing a simple contract to legalize your response," Duncan replied.

"If you don't mind signing my contract releasing me from all liability for my actions," Oscar countered.

"I like your style, kid," Duncan smirked.

Then Cutter brought one of the other kids down to the canister room.

"And as you can see, there is plenty of equipment in here that could result in a workplace accident," Cutter explained.

"Has anyone ever had an accident?" the kid with her asked.

"You mean anyones? Klaus, Rodney, Carl, oh, just a few of the casualties of improper safety procedures, my friend," she said, showing him jars of the leftover MIFTers.

"Whoa! Was this alive?" he asked.

"Depends on your definition of alive. Yep. I keep a little souvenir of each. Both as a reminder of the unsafe incident, and as a unique use of my leisure time," Cutter replied.

The kid nudged the bottle a little before jumping back.

"It moved," he yelped.

Fritz was talking with Gerty in his office.

"Now, the original Drooler Cooler was made from real drool. Not the high gooptose horn syrup that they use today. I bet you didn't know that," Fritz explained, Gerty said nothing, then Fritz asked, "You're not much of a talker, are you?"

Then the place rumbled before a work order hit Fritz, making Gerty then Fritz laugh.

Meanwhile, Tylor and Jamie were with Thalia.

"You wanna hear a joke?" Tylor asked.

"Nope," Thalia answered.

"Okay. So, a griffin, a slug and a hydra walk into a dive bar," Tylor started.

"Wait, no Ty. That might not be appropriate," Jamie pointed out.

"Um, oh, maybe, uh..." Tylor replied.

"This desk seems small for you," Thalia commented.

"Oh, that's because it's my temporary desk. And that desk is Jamie's temporary desk," Tylor pointed out then continued, "I was gonna be a Scarer, then the Laugh Power thing..."

"Another Scarer. Great," Thalia remarked sarcastically then asked Jamie, "Were you gonna be one?"

"I thought about it, but you know, Laugh Power," Jamie answered, making Thalia nod.

"Wait. It used to be Banana Bread's desk. I mean, Winchester. His name is Winchester," Tylor continued.

"Oh, yeah. The Winchester guy. My mom mentioned his amazing comic theory, blah, blah..." Thalia said.

Tylor gasped then explained, "Stop the clock. Your mom's Ms. Flint? I did not know that. That is so weird. I mean, because Jamie and I wanna be Jokesters, and your mom's like..."

"Tylor," Jamie said, stopping him.

"Can I just go to my mom's office?" Thalia asked.

"Why? You're gonna be having so much fun, you're not gonna wanna go back. Just think of me and Jamie as like your fun uncle and aunt," Tylor insisted before chuckling.

"I had a fun uncle. He's dead," Thalia said.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Tylor apologized.

"I still have a fun aunt though," Thalia replied.

"Well, that's good to hear," Jamie said.

Then Fritz and Gerty came out.

"MIFTers and mini MIFTers, look alive, because we've got a..." Fritz started, scatted, then sang "work order."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You'll see what the work order is next time on "Monsters at Work". For those who haven't seen the series yet anyway. Sorry this is all I have right now, but I'll get more done in the next couple days. Hope you guys are enjoying it so far.