Chapter 96: Might Be Busted

Tylor brought Jamie to her desk, found her first aid kit, and began working on her injury in silence at first.

"Tylor, please don't keep blaming yourself for me not becoming a Jokester," Jamie told him.

"How can I not? Ms. Flint tells me that, now her own daughter. How else am I supposed to take that?" Tylor pointed out.

"Well, you didn't find out until today. That's on me," she said.

"I mean, you may have said it, but I thought you were joking," he replied.

"I do joke a lot, but not about that," Jamie lightly smirked.

Tylor chuckled then said, "This is why you should already be a Jokester."

"Not yet," she shook her head.

He then finished up her wound then said, "Come on. We gotta talk to Val."

"Okay," she nodded.

They got up and Tylor then dragged Val off to the side as Jamie followed.

"Ow. What is it, guys?" Val asked.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong. We were totally getting along. And now look at her. Look. I can't even get her to smile, you know. She just looks at me and she's just...bleh," Tylor explained, making a funny face at the end, making Jamie hold back a laugh, then he continued, "She was Jamie's and my last chances at becoming Jokesters. You know this was all her mom's fault, right?"

"Tylor, as I've told you before, I really appreciate you thinking about me, but I wish you'd take that into consideration when it comes to others," Jamie pointed out once she calmed down.

"Yeah. Maybe if you weren't being such an a..." Val started.

"Val," Jamie warned as Tylor lightly growled.

"...Ambitiously focused individual," Val finished nervously.

"Yeah, I'm done, okay? For all I care, Thalia can go find her 'I wouldn't know comedy if it hit me in the butt' mom and let her know that Tylor Tuskmon says that she is the most not funny monster in all of Monstropolis. Not me. And Jamie can become a Jokester whenever she feels like it, not when Ms. Flint decides. She can walk herself upstairs, march into her mom's office, and tell her that," Tylor ranted.

"Okay, I'll go tell her that," Thalia's voice sounded.

They all then looked to see Thalia marching off, making Tylor and Jamie freak out.

"Wait! Uh, Thalia, wait. Hello? Thalia?" Tylor and Jamie called as they ran after her.

They followed her all the way to the elevator.

"Thalia? Uh, no. Wait. You don't need to do this. No, no. no. Stop. Don't go up there. You don't need to do this. Come on, no. Come on, what are you...No, don't touch..." Tylor tried to explain, Thalia pushed a button, then Tylor continued, "You don't need to tell your mom. I'm the one who doesn't know anything about comedy."

But Thalia was already heading up.

"Oh, come on!" Tylor exclaimed.

"You keep going on the elevator. I'll take the doors," Jamie said.

"Even with your injury?" he asked.

"I've never been one to let pain stand in my way," she pointed out.

"Okay, but be careful. Again," Tylor said.

"I will," Jamie nodded and they were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hurry, guys!