Chapter 98: Great Day for Mini MIFTers

Fritz banged Vendy a little to get a Drooler Cooler.

"I give it the old Fritzerelli touch," Fritz said then announced as Tylor, Jamie, and Thalia came in, "MIFTers and mini MIFTers, our day is almost done. We'd have you do more, but we learned, last year, about a thing called child labor law. So, I just want to say, I'm proud, so proud of each and every one of you."

"Fritz, can I say something?" Thalia asked.

"Oh, absolutely. Do you want musical accompaniment? It's better with music," Fritz wondered.

"No, no, no, it's fine," Thalia answered, cleared her throat, then started, "This morning, I thought spending the day with MIFT would be the worst possible thing ever."

The Mifters groaned a bit at that.

"I thought you all were just a bunch of weirdos hidden away in your underground loony bin," Thalia continued.

"Not that far off, hon," Cutter commented.

"I was wrong. You are the monsters behind the monsters. And you may not get the glory that the Jokesters do, but you are the true power that keeps this parapet running. So, today I wanna say, I'm proud, too. Proud to call myself a mini MIFTer. So, let's get out there and wrench those nuts!" Thalia explained as the kids joined in on the last part.

The Mini MIFTers cheered and they chanted the letters to spell MIFT.

"Oh, proud crying," Fritz sniffled.

"Here you go, kiddo," Cutter said, handing a jar with a monster piece to her kid.

"Are you sure I can keep it?" the kid asked in awe.

"It's not an 'it,' kid. It's Klaus," Cutter corrected.

"Hey, come on, kids. It's time to go back upstairs," a monster said from the door.

The kids continued chanting as they started leaving.

"There's a 70% chance those kids aren't making it outta here," Cutter stated.

The chant went on as Thalia looked up at Tylor and Jamie.

"You know, you make pretty good MIFTers," Thalia told them.

"Huh...I, uh, I guess we do," Tylor smiled.

"Thanks," Jamie did the same.

"So long, Tuskmon and Danger," Thalia said before tossing the donut she had on his horn.

"We'll, uh, see you around, Thalia," Tylor nodded.

"See ya," Jamie waved.

She continued with the chant as she left then Val went up to the MIFTer couple.

"Told you nobody's sad on Mini Monster Day. Best day ever," Val smiled.

"Yes. Yes, it is," Tylor said as he took the donut from his horn and split into three.

He handed Val and Jamie one each and they then ate their pieces of donut.

"Also, you're not just a good MIFTer. You're the best boyfriend," Jamie said, wrapping her arm around Tylor's.

"I wouldn't say 'the best'," Tylor shrugged.

"You have your quirks, but those are other reasons to prove me right," she smirked as they fully faced each other.

"Well, you're the best girlfriend for sure," he said, caressing her cheek.

"I can agree to that," Jamie nodded teasingly.

He chuckled before they kissed briefly.

Then Thalia regrouped with her mom.

"So, how was Mini Monster Day?" Ms. Flint asked.

"It was good," Thalia smiled.

"Good? Who'd you get paired with?" Ms. Flint wondered in confusion.

"Tylor Tuskmon and Jamie Danger," Thalia answered.

"Oh..." Ms. Flint nodded apologetically.

"They were really..." Thalia started.

"One painfully devoid of comedy and one throwing their chances of comedy away because of it?" Ms. Flint guessed.

"No, Mom. Funny. They both were," Thalia corrected.

This surprised Ms. Flint. She had some things to think about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N That's right, Ms. Flint! You better rethink your decision about Tylor!