Chapter 101: David? Here?

All the MIFTers were cleaning up the place when Tylor and Jamie walked in.

"Good morning, MIFTers! To start the day off right, I brought donuts," Tylor announced.

Val gasped then grabbed the box.

"Duncan! Donuts!" she called, tossing them to Duncan.

He then put them on the trash can and Cutter torched them and Val extinguished before sighing in relief.

"That was close," Cutter said.

"Like I told you," Jamie whispered.

"Sorry. Should I have gotten bagels instead? That seemed a little..." Tylor started.

"No, no, we love donuts. But David doesn't," Val replied.

"David didn't!" Duncan added.

"David?" Tylor questioned.

"David doesn't!" Val corrected.

"David didn't do donuts," Duncan remarked.

"David. You mean the hair-in-the-jar guy? The hair doesn't like donuts?" Tylor asked.

"That would be the one," Jamie nodded.

"Huh! It's almost nine o'clock sharp. Line up. We don't wanna miss him," Fritz said, coming out of his office.

"Double T, hurry!" Val urged.

"Right, yeah, okay, let's do it. I'm gonna do whatever it is that we're all doin'. I am on board for that thing, so..." Tylor told them as they all lined up.

"And three, two, one...Door!" Cutter signaled.

They then played the stereo and opened the door. Tylor was a little confused why no one came in.

"Good morning, David!" Fritz greeted.

"Davey...Lookin' good, pal," Cutter said.

"Hey, how's my favorite underling? Up top!" Duncan replied, holding up a hand.

"David! You were right, absence does make the heart grow fonder," Val smiled.

"What's up, David?" Jamie nodded.

"Say hi to David," Val told Tylor.

"Oh! Right. Yeah. Uh...Hey, David. It's, uh, good to see you," Tylor said.

"Have a seat, David. There you go. Comfy-cozy? Good, let's begin," Fritz replied with a chuckle.

They all then sat at the break table.

"Today we celebrate David Day. Why? Because David was all we could ask for from a MIFTer, reliable and honest," Fritz began.

"Is reliable and honest," Val corrected.

"And he was..." Fritz continued.

"Is," Val said.

"Always ready with his unique and wise words of..." Fritz replied, trying to think of the right word.

"Profundity," Duncan told him.

"Profanity! Such as, 'Live and learn,' or, 'Haste makes waste,' or, 'No parking Wednesdays, 12:00 to 2:00'," Fritz went on.

"Believe that one's a road sign," Tylor pointed out.

"David, there will always be a special part of you here with us," Fritz told them.

"Aw, his spirit," Tylor smiled.

"No! His hair," Fritz corrected.

"9:26 a.m., on this day, four years ago, he was pulled into the shredder shaft," Cutter chimed in.

Duncan mimicked the shredder shaft before adding, "No more David,"

"So they say. But I believe he's still with us," Val stated,

"All that was left, a clump of pinkish hair," Jamie told them.

"David," Duncan nodded.

"David had luxuriant, healthy, well-moisturized and conditioned, glossy, glowing, well-groomed, so naturally, thick and full of body, and completely lovely hair. And now, before we light the Candle of Remembrance, we must all NOT get haircuts," Fritz decided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, alright then.