Chapter 2 - Cafeteria

"Hello, welcome to AP physics, you must be Y/n, I'm Doctor Selvig," he was a weary looking man, greying hair and clothes like your typical science teacher. "I'm sure you'll do fine in this class considering your past reports, but if you ever need help here are my office hours," he hands you a slip of paper, "or I can recommend some willing students?"

"I think I'll be fine," you nod, turning to the class who were staring and whispering. Finding a free spot in the front, they seemed to carry on with gossip, about you or something else, you didn't really care.

"Class, this is Y/n L/n, they are a new student," Dr. Selvig explains, and what came next was expected. "Would you like to tell us about yourself? Powers, perhaps?"

"Not really," you say simply, tapping your pen against your palm. While Dr Selvig respected it, the quiet hush of the words 'weirdo' reached your ears.

~~~

"I heard they don't have powers!"

"I heard they're from Contraxia,"

"Ravangers?"

"Apparently they're part of the mafia!"

"Heard they were kidnapped by Hydra but broke out,"

"Some are saying they're the child of Director Fury!"

"From SHIELD??"

"No, they're definitely a Nexus being,"

"A Titan,"

"Like Nebula and Gamora's dad?"

"All I know is they're a freak,"

Cafeteria chatter was filling your ears and, for once, wonderful smelling food escaped its metal confines to steam the glass hoods. You observed the entire process of getting the food to... paying?

"Hi!" A boy suddenly pops up beside you. "I'm Peter Parker,"

"Uh... I'm-"

"Y/n, yeah, I know," he heaves out his breaths until they were calm. "Sorry, I was trying to find you and went on this whole-"

"Yeah, yeah, look, I just need to know how to get food,"

"Oh! Just get what you want then sit down," he chuckles.

"How much is everything?"

"It's already covered by the school fees," Peter looks around. "So, anything else I can-?" but you were gone. "Oh, okay, cool, cool, cool," he claps his hands together before hurrying off.

This was much better than any school food you've ever seen, even in movies! Hogwarts had nothing on this stuff. Gluten free to vegan, cuisines from Greek to Indonesian. Everything was cooked to perfection, obviously by top chefs and... robots.

"Would you like a juice box?" A robot held up a box of apple juice.

"Uh... sure," taking it carefully from their hands, you snatched up some cutlery before finding the cafeteria in full swing, only a few empty tables, one of them in the far back away from the hungry beasts; jocks to nerds, preps to goths, geeks to class clowns.

They all wanted your head... or know what was in it.

"Well?" Bucky looks to Wanda who scratches her head.

"Maybe we shouldn't be trying to read their mind," Vision suggests.

"Oh yeah, listen to the oven," Pietro snickers, passing by with Clint, Tony and Nat.

"Shut up, Pietro," Wanda nudges him in the gut. "Come sit with us, Nat, escape my dumb brother,"

"Would, but someone has to keep them in check," she shoves a thumb at Tony who was trying to piss Clint off.