Chapter 33 - Magic

Loki eventually convinced his parents to let him stay with you. Of course you may be wondering why Frigga was not able to heal your stitches faster as she did with your wrist. Well, due to prior Midgard handling, any magic infusion may unknowingly worsen your state.

Or at least she thought.

While her magic may have lived up to her prediction as an Asgardian, Loki's Jotun magic seemed to work in a different manner. Which of course explained while you healed so fast! Except for the first few nights of his stay—a week prior to Christmas—you weren't sure why your injuries looked better overnight than they did over a week span.

Bruises were merging back to your skin tone the first night, by the third they were gone. You expressed this to Loki who joked that his loving presence was to be thanked. Maybe less of a joke after the fifth night.

"Loki..." you turn on your side, whispering against his chest. "Loki... your phone is buzzing,"

"Five more minutes..." he mutters, not taking into account your words and falling back asleep.

Frowning, you finally open your eyes to see a hint of green lingering under the blanket. It glowed faintly along your torso from Loki's fingertips which were held against you. "What the fuck?!"

"I swear I didn't cut her hair!" Loki falls off the bed while you back against the bed frame, lifting your shirt to see the scar completely sealed. Not just this but it seemed like your body was back to normal. "Y/n?!"

After you turn on the lights, you reply "I'm fine! I'm... fine," you then press the skin, not feeling a single sting. "Loki, what did you do?"

The god flipped back his hair, looking to your stomach, "I didn't... do anything," he crawls back onto the bed and pokes your skin.

"Well your magic did something, that shit was moving into my body from your hands,"

"Did it hurt you? I'm so sorry-"

"No... I just woke up because of your damn phone and saw it- That's why I was feeling better so suddenly!" rushing to the mirror, you check every inch of your body to make sure. Not one hint that you were ever hurt could be seen.

"It's four in the morning, and as ecstatic as I am, I have no energy to express it," he jumps back into bed, dozing off easily.

"Idiot,"

~~~

"Merry Christmas!" a bottle of champagne was popped, the cork flying right out the window causing everyone to laugh. The group had collected at your apartment, presents and holiday cheer all around. Anna, Wanda and Vision had prepared food for everyone, Tony had bought enough presents for three Christmas' per person, Clint somehow brought enough alcohol to stock a small liquor store, and of course Peter helped you and Loki set up all the decorations.

"So... what is this?" Tony points to an Indonesian dish Anna had prepared.

"Rendang, but for you it'll be a little sp-" Anna was cut off by Strange's hand to her mouth.

"Don't ruin the surprise," he whispers in her ear, smugly watching Tony burn bright red at the cheeks. "How is it, Stark?"

Tony eyes the sorcerers glare knowing he'd get tossed into an endless loop if his comment offended Anna, "really- uh... good! Excuse me," he runs to the bathroom while everyone laughs.

"My mother would be appalled," Anna purses her lips, "only way to get her blessing to date me is by tolerating spice... rendang is like spice for babies," she walks off for another Redbull.

Everyone turns to Stephen who looks to the dish, taking a taste and going a little red, "work your way up, work your way up," he coughs, ignoring the others.