Chapter 11 - A cookie

"What?" you look at Tony's agape mouth, blown open eyes and forming grin. "Why is he looking at me like that?"

"He's going to-"

"Party, my place, tonight at 8, don't be late," he points to everyone. "Everyone in my project group who doesn't attend has to endure the consequences,"

You cursed internally for no shifts assigned to you after 7. "Should I ask what the consequence is?" tilting towards Nat, she shakes her head.

"Barnes&Noble, Big bird, Poptarts, you three are on drink duty," Tony points to Bucky, Sam and Thor, "Romanoff, you keep Grandma there steady," he looks to Steve who was about to start a rant, "the rest of you bring snacks and shit,"

"There better be free parking," you take your bag from the ground and sling it over your shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, at least bring some good food," he dismisses, planning with Clint by his side as Pietro zoomed about the halls to spread the word.

"This is going to be hell..." turning to the others, you see Anna pestering Stephen as Peter and Bruce shrug. "You four going?"

"We were just figuring out a way there," Peter smiles, "need a ride?"

"Got my own, that's why I needed free parking," you ruffle his hair making him scowl. "What about you two?"

"I'm not-"

"We'll definitely be there," Anna smile brightly as Stephen sighs.

"Fine, whatever," he mutters.

"Whipped," you cough before hurrying out the cafeteria, avoiding sparks of magic from the sorcerer who pushes Anna off him and mutters swears your way.

~~~

The day had ended and you were dead set on trying to find an excuse- but Tony seemed serious with his threat. "Shit, what the hell am I going to do?"

"A little lost?" That voice. You knew exactly who it was- well, somewhat.

"Mystery girl," eyes up to meet that emerald stare.

There she was, leaned against a locker, book in hand and smile threatening to form. "Hello, Y/n,"

"You know my name and yet here I am not knowing yours," stepping out the way of others, you fold your arms with a tilt of your head. "Am I ever going to find out?"

"It's much more amusing when you don't," her voice mixed with a small laugh she covered with her hand.

"What about powers? Can I know that?" You reason, trying to get anything out of her.

"Show me yours, I'll show you mine," that glint made you know she understood the slight innuendo. She watches your hands glow a rich lilac, slowly compressing into the shape of a rose.

"M'lady," you muse, holding it up to her, the crimson petals leading an ombre towards snow white tips.

"Very sweet of you," she takes it, looking up to show glowing green eyes, her hand conjuring a chocolate chip cookie. It breaks in half, one held up to your lips as she leans in closer. "Say ah, darling,"

You felt your heart leap, lips parting to take a hold of the treat. Within seconds of silence, she turned to leave, not another word exchanged. Groaning at the purely flustering situation, focus then went to Wanda standing a little behind you with Natasha, Tony and Thor.

"I'm so down bad for her," you admit, eating the cookie, still not believing what just happened. "And I don't even know her damn name!"

"Well, her name is-"

"Nah, nah," you shut Thor up with duct tape over his mouth. "I'm finding out for myself... hopefully what just happened will happen again," prayers were subconsciously forming as you exit the building.

~~~

"Hey, Mrs K!" You wave, quickly rushing by, a kiss to her cheek and some chocolate bars thrown at the kids. "Only eat those after dinner!"

"Boo!" Tommy pouts.

Louis, another boy, hushes Tommy, "Y/n is the only reason we get chocolate, shush!"

"Exactly right!" you leap up, grab the fire escape and pull it down. "Party outfit, party outfit," repeating mutters fill the dark living room. Lights flicker on to reveal your room, closet scarce and hardly ready for an infamous Tony Stark party. "Could really use a fairy godparent right about now-"

"You called?"

Your scream rings out, a large spark of purple shattering your bedside lamps while the intruder was covered by a red cloak and another figure. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" Uncovering your face, you're unable to see theirs.

"Could you not try and kill us?!"

"Strange??"

"Congratulations," he grumbles, dusting off the glass as Anna peaks from under the cloak who hugs her tight to Stephen's chest. "Are you okay?" He sighs in relief when she nods.

"What are you- how did you even get in here?"

"Told you it was a bad idea," he checks Anna for any scratches one last time just in case.

"Okay, listen, stop being all lovey dovey for one second and tell my why you're IN MY FUCKING APARTMENT?!" You yell at them.

"Fairy godparents-"

"Parent," Stephen corrects, leaning against the wall with a scowl.

"I thought you could use some help considering you don't go to parties often," Anna glances into your closet. "It isn't like we're going to prom, that's later on in the year," she happily goes through your clothes with a small hum.

"So, what's my fairy godparent got planned?"

"We have a little while and right now, we need something new," she gives jazz hands, somehow conjuring a rainbow with sparkles.

"Yeah... alright, but let's try and keep it simple, okay?"

"You got it," she nudges Stephen who opens a portal.

~~~

Still tired- it's only about 7:30PM though

Meaning I have time to write a few chapters for another draft before I got to bed (thankfully I only have a 4 hour shift at work tmrw 😩)

- Anna ❤️