Chapter 22 - Do I look okay?

You, nor Mrs K and the usual kids, could believe the effort you had put into yourself this very day. Everything ironed and shoes spotless, you spritz on a little more cologne/perfume than usual. Your eyes caught glimpse of every reflection possible just the double check.

Plus, instead of walking or taking the bus, your bike was rolled out from under the covers. Fueled up, extra helmet stowed on, nothing but the roar of an engine filled that cold morning, clouds of smoke and vapor trailing after you. Swirls of white within the approaching Autumn air, you were glad you took it upon yourself to bring a jacket.

~~~

"Can we not turn back?" Loki whispers to her mother, "I'm sure we won't be delayed much more than already,"

"We turn back and you both will be late," she chimes to them both, humming to the newest song on the radio. "How about my shawl?"

"Mother, forgive me for I mean no offence, but I am neither a middle aged woman nor wish to look like one," Loki frowns, blowing a strand of hair out her face.

"I think it's pretty lovely," Frigga shoots back with a smile.

"I think we should head back anyways, I don't like my outfit, I can do better-"

"Sister, please," Thor massages his temples, "when I wished for you to acquire a partner I thought the whining would decrease, not increase,"

A dagger lifts up to his neck but Frigga's gentle cough made the young princess lower it, "you look perfect, my daughter, now get to school," she urges away once the car halts, the driver opening the door for both teens.

"I doubt Y/n will notice, they're practically head over heels for you," a small pat the to the back was given, Loki hardly paying mind as she adjusts her skirt and stockings. "Loki, enough, I hate seeing you nervous... it's weird," her brother grimaces before turning to the side, "oh, speak of the serpent,"

"Call them a serpent and you'll be skinned like one," she threatens before taking out a small mirror and fixing her lipstick. "I look okay, right? Who am I kidding, I look amazing- right? I do look okay, right??"

"I'm leaving," Thor shook his head, taking his exit quickly once you parked your bike.

Taking off your helmet, you catch sight of stares, one threatening glow of your eyes scampering everyone from your vicinity. Within seconds of that strong magical glow, it fizzled away at the sight of Loki. Her plaid green skirt, black stocking and band shirt making your cheeks heat up. Her lips lined red and eyes smoked out, blood against ash whilst her hair fell generously over her shoulders.

Her boots scurry up as smoothly as she could manage, "L/n,"

"Hello, princess," you place down the helmet and comb back your hair, "you're looking gorgeous,"

"Not even one date and you're already sweet talking me," she adjusts her bag strap with an eye roll, "adorable,"

"Oh, I try my very best to woo the ladies," you bow mockingly, both making your way to the entrance. "First class?"

"Chemistry," she stops by her locker, "save me a seat?"

"Oh, I doubt Bruce will be too happy," you click your tongue sarcastically, leaning against the metal, "may need some encouragement,"

"If you don't save me a seat, you'll be spending your evening at the arcade alone," she hums nonchalantly.

"God, woman, you know how to make me blush," nudging her, you venture further down the hall, not noticing her sticking her tongue out behind your back.

~~~

"Did you two fuck?" Anna slams herself against the locker from the excitement, Stephen following soon with a soft mutter of the word 'idiot'.

"We didn't fuck, Anna," you sing matter-of-factly.

"Were you close to fucking?"

"I'm not sharing my sex life with you," grabbing a small juice box, you hand it over, "now be a good girl and run along,"

"Damn, no need to tell me twice," she pops the straw into the box, happily sipping while Strange glared your way, "but technically it's not sex life because you didn't have se-"

"We're done with this conversation," shutting the locker and locking it, you stare dead straight at Strange. "Put your girlfriend on a damn leash,"

As Strange starts to shout defensive statements but Anna simply giggles, "ha, kinky,"

"Shut up," he counters, stalking away.

"Have fun on your date tonight," Anna grins with a small head tilt, running after the sorcerer.

"How did you- you know what? Not gonna ask," clicking your fingers, the bell rang just in time.

~~~

"See? Not so hard," Loki took her seat while you whisper a small thanks to Bruce behind you. "So... arcades, I read about-"

"Please don't tell me you did research on arcades before our date," tapping your pen against the table, a smile creeps up, "nerd,"

"Well at least I know I'll win any game, I may not be brawn but I have enough brains to figure out strategies," she pokes back, scribbling down the date on the new page.

"Alright, enough chatter," class had just begun but you just couldn't wait for the day to be over.

~~~

Not thriving currently

But Y/n and Loki sure are :((

- Anna ❤️