Chapter 32 - What did Frigga do??

It wasn't long until you were discharged. Though days were tedious, check ups early in the morning and late at night, Loki stayed by your side. In fact, the only times he left your side was to get more clothes from Frigga who brought them to the hospital.

"Last day," you take Loki's hand, "I'm going to miss the questionable food and endless questions at four in the morning,"

"Irritating beeping and sterile smell," he muses on, helping you to the bathroom to get changed.

"Mm, it was always so comforting," bandages were still against your stomach, the stitches removed a while ago but healing was still a lengthy conclusion days ahead. You trace a finger, more so hovering, over it; a small shake when grimacing was cut short, however.

Loki knocks gently on the door, "ready?"

"Yeah," you stammer, opening the door. "Do I get ice cream for handling all this so well?"

"How about endless affection and warm tea?" he had a bag slung over his shoulder, "let's keep healthy for a while, until you're fully healed,"

"No fun,"

~~~

"Home sweet- holy shit," you stare up at the new building.

Fresh bricks replaced ones ridden with mildew, flaking by the second. New paint slathered the old rotten beige, a beautiful terracotta lined every window sill, even fresh plants were added. Rust was rid of, the ladder now a fresh dark umber leading past windows finally letting light stream in.

"What did your mother do??"

"What my mother does best," Loki opens the car door for you.

Using the main door for once in years to get to your flat, you notice tar laced walls were cleaned, the elevator was working, graffiti was erased and not one sketchy figure was in sight. Tiles scrubbed until you could see your reflection, what you didn't expect to see was your neighbours. Ones you never took the time to know, scared of confrontation just in case.

They smile and leave with polite greetings while Loki waited for the elevator. "Know them?" He asks.

"Never bothered to do so," you hobble into the small compartment, enjoying the lack of struggle that may have been prompted by the ladder.

"Let's hope my mother didn't go overboard for you," he takes your key to unlock the door, only seeing the lock replaced with a weird black screen; finger prints. "Really?? I swear she goes above and beyond,"

"Hey, I'm not complaining,"

~~~

"New appliances? A shower with good water pressure? Walls without cracks? Lights that don't flicker? Am I dead or in a dream?" the tea Loki made added to the perfection.

"Do your dreams usually have me?" Asks Loki from the kitchen, his tone smug.

"Yeah, you're right, I'm dead," ignoring, but not unaware of his glare, you change the subject by patting the spot beside you. "Thank you for being so lovely,"

"Anything for you, my darling," he lets you lean against his chest. Beat after beat, it was a soothing lullaby to hear his heart against your ear, letting fingers dance over small wrinkle of his shirt.

Loki wasn't sure how long he lay there with you, enjoying the eventual patter of droplets in the window. It was from time to time when he wished to stay like this forever where he remembered it wasn't possible.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" Loki asks suddenly, "I would have said Yule but you Midgardians seemed to have changed the name and few traditions,"