Chapter 34 - Christmas morning

Christmas, while usually alone, cold and dreadful, was now warm, welcoming and lovely. Powdered-sugar-coated skylines and streets could be caught just out your bedroom window the early morning. Families were out and about in living rooms, ready to film memories and spend another year with those they love most. Whether one present or thirty four, many were thankful for what they got... and surprised by more.

~~~

"You did not!" Rose throws their arms around Bucky, thanking him for the Howl's moving castle themed sweater while he thanked them for the scrapbooking kit and new leather journal.

"You're a darling," Peggy smiles to Steve, kissing his cheek after seeing the small locket he had made her himself; the soldier kissing her back for the beautiful art set.

"Oh, Sam," Leila admires the spa-care set he had gifted, handing his present: an expensive leather wallet with his initials.

~~~

"Fuck yeah!" Clint fist pumps the air at the new arrow set.

Natasha, regarding the new additions to her taser collection, comments, "now I have one for every outfit,"

Bruce was already setting up his mini armillary zodiac globe with Peter who had been beyond excited about the lego sets he received. "Screwdriver, please,"

"Yup," Peter exchanges the screwdriver with a Lego piece Bruce knew he needed.

~~~

Anna smiles at Strange, "you're doing great," she assures as others skate by on the Rockefeller ice.

He eventually gains confidence enough to cause Anna to let go but him to slip and fall on top of her, "sorry! Sorry- I'm so s-"

A small kiss was give to him, "don't worry," she intertwines her fingers with his while Cloaky, who was on standby, helped them both up.

~~~

"Thank you..." Vision looks at the batteries Pietro gave him.

"You're welcome," Pietro enjoyed his new sneakers while Wanda shook her head, handing Vision over a new collection of books, then asking him to help put the necklace he gifted her on.

"His actual present is there," the witch points to the tree, knowing his brother actually got Vision a new vintage chess set.

~~~

"Please don't say you bought me a giant bunny-" Pepper stopped at the sight of a new computer and stationary set.

"Thought you might need new ones for University next year," Tony shrugs with a blush, fiddling with his present: cuff links of his arc reactor.

~~~

"Morning, pretty...?"

"Boy," he mutters, sighing against your skin.

Loki's arms around you, head buried into the crook of your neck, getting out of bed was hardly an idea Loki wanted to play on. "My pretty boy," you smirk at the small heat increase from his cheek. "Ready for your presents?"

"Five more minutes," he didn't budge no matter how much you tried.

"Fine, but I'm making breakfast," eventually, after succeeding to pry yourself from him, you get to the door. "Maybe I'll make chocolate chip pancakes~"

"I'm up, I'm up," he rolls of the bed, fist up to declare he will join you.

~~~

"Merry Christmas, love," Loki, from behind your seat at the table, moves the present in front of your face.

"Is it a glitter bomb?" you move away your plate.

"Ugh," Loki switches the present with another making you glare. "What?? I couldn't help myself,"

The ebony ribbon fell from the emerald box, strips of white coated around and under a small, thin cylinder. Wooden with a fresh varnish, you weren't sure what to say. "What... is it?"

"A bit of wood," he says before bursting into laughter at your mindless blink. "That does something," Loki adds on, passing his hand over the top which activated a small row of dots. Each seemed to have runes at the centre of them, luminescent holograms from the looks of it.

"What does it say?"

"Well each one represents something very special," he presses the one to the very right, a large ball of light collecting at the centre before bursting outwards to create a mini constellation. His finger swipes to turn the constellation, the name around the edge, translated into all sorts of languages once selected from a holographic list.

"Where did you get this??" you took it out the box properly and admired the fine finish.

"I... made it," he admits, taking his very own out, "thought it might be nice... you know, to have something similar for each of us...? Sorry, I know it's stupid-"

"No, no!" You stop his ramble, "I love it, thank you," then you slip out your chair to the tree, rummaging to show your present to him. It was a large box, though it didn't beat Thor's large presents which you only assumed to be weapons, snacks or armour.

"Is it a small dog?" he jokes, lifting it more easily into his arms. He was sure it was books, but the exact type was one he was hardly aware of. Leather bindings, slightly ruined and torn, pages feathered with age seeped into the edges, these books were original first copies of his favourite author Frigga had helped locate and pay for.

Of course you didn't know about the paying part. Frigga was well aware that the equivalent of four hundred and fifty thousand dollars in Asgardian gold was not a possible target. So instead she informed you that they totalled to a hundred and eighty nine dollars considering you weren't able to find exact conversions for the currency.

And by the end of that the queen had transferred the cash back into your wallet; as well as hiding bits of cash around your flat so you would eventually find them.

"How... When did you... what?" He looked as if he was hyperventilating from the rapid words leaving him.

"Darling, breathe," you were cut short from your words of comfort when he drops the books, tackling you down in a large hug.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," he whispers after every kiss to your cheek, lips and forehead.

"I love you too," you mutter back, kissing him sweetly until he lifted you into his embrace. "I love you so much..."

"My perfect Y/n, you never fail to surprise!" He eventually calmed, forehead against forehead, all you could hear after were small words of praise, love and endless promise.

~~~

Still so tired, it's ridiculous

- Anna ❤️