Chapter 8 - Jotuns

"Nice collection," you peak down each aisle, running a finger over the shelves which were slightly dusty. "Not used much often,"

"Loki and mother seem to be the only ones to regularly read," Thor informs as the group watches you climb up a ladder and inspect.

"And who's the Shakespeare nerd?"

"Loki," Thor states, confused without a doubt. "How did you know?"

"Dust is a good indicator of what's been touched often or not at all... obviously Much Ado About Nothing was a recent read... Hamlet is a favourite and Romeo and Juliet is not a liked one," sliding down, you now had Twelfth night in hand.

"Alright, Sherlock, pack it up," Tony rolls his eyes as you saunter to peer out the window.

"Calling me a fictional Genius? Why thank you, Stank," you counter.

"The BBC version of him is hot," Anna says nonchalantly, tilting towards Stephen, "you know you kinda look like him,"

He was taken aback, "are you flirting with me?" though he drops the subject when Anna refused to answer.

The window peered over a maze of flowers, scatter chromatic along a plain canvas. Valleys of green, one blooming flawlessly despite the unsure weather of late. "Beauty and the beast," you whisper.

"The Loki x reader AU version by IggeeRoseBby is good," Anna hums absently, winking to the reader.

"Could we please do this? I want you all out of my home as soon as possible," Loki reminds, summoning books for the group.

"Our home," Thor notes, "and in our home all friends are welcome as long as they wish,"

"Your friends," Loki snarls back, raising a blade he conjured.

"Alright, ladies, got anything else to fight about?" Nat crosses her arms and eyes them both. "No? Good, now let's do this,"

~~~

You raise an odd looking Asgardian dessert, eyeing it with confusion as everyone babbled about in different parts of the library. Sweet and almost sour, the sponge cake was fluffy and light, a single bite feeling like clouds. Dusted in golden flakes and odd crystal like sugar bites which actually just melted in your mouth in seconds.

"I'm saying let us create a Quantum field generator,"

"String theory," Tony shoots back to Loki.

"The Fermi Paradox," Nat adds to the list. "Y/n?"

"Hm?" You look up from the Norse books in your own collection.

"Try and take part, grumpy,"

"Sorry, I'm not into the whole 'proving theories made decades ago' thing," you hold up a book on the outer realms, "so I'm looking through what exists beyond 'Midgard' and seeing how it could be recreated,"

"Like what? How the tree of life was made?" Sam calls out from across the room with a laugh.

"No, actually, I found this planet called Jotunheim, Frost Giants live there," you turn the book around, Loki tensing as Thor looked up. "And because we have our own grease god at our disposal, he can tell us shit that isn't in here,"

"Those things exist?" Tony grimaces as Loki sunk further in his seat.

"Careful how you speak of Frost Giants," Thor stands in a sudden anger,  Steve pulling the god back down.

"Tony is just jealous they're probably more awesome than him," you note. "A little too... giant for my liking, wonder if there are variations of height," you mumble in thought, tracing your fingers over the illustration. "Would that vary powers?"

The group watches as your eyes flicker with thought, figuring running to the shelves and taking more out. Loki observes your every move, each flick of your wrist and wipe of your palms, the way your lips silently spoke the words along the pages. Thor saw this all, smiling brightly at his brother's glances to you.

"Could we get to Jotunville?" Tony asks, bored from the pages he flicks through.

"I'm afraid not," Frigga walks in calmly, bringing more tea. "What brings your mind to Jotunheim?" She looks expectantly to her dark haired son.

"These guys wanted to do the whole theory thing, but... I wanted to recreate what exists," you sat on your knees, holding the book up. "Temperatures vary, obviously, but if we got it right I'm thinking we can recreate a Jotun's powers in a controlled environment,"

"And why would you do such a thing? Why not a Fire Giant's flame? Hel's soul containment? Alfheim water manipulations?" She raised a suggestive brow which your cheeks heat at.

"No reason, your majesty," you dismiss quickly. "Do you have any other books about Frost Giants? Any other information source?"

"Well, Loki knows quite a lot about Jotuns," Frigga nods her head to the son with crimson cheeks, the god sending his mother a glare.

"I'm game," Nat shrugs as Tony sighs in agreement.

"You guys have fun figuring something out," you wink to the others, walking with Frigga towards another section of the library.

"They have a weird type," Clint eyes you and Frigga rambling.

"Uh, what?" Pietro does a double take.

"They were practically drooling over that photo of those ice giants," points out Bucky.

"No one finds Jotuns attractive," Loki laughs. "Trust me, they are hated in every single realm,"

"Ha, sure," Anna scoffs under her breath.

"I wasn't drooling, they just look cool," you caught Bucky's words.

"Ha, puns," Peter snickers. "Oh, I got an idea!" He turns back to his group as Frigga looks excitedly to Loki who shakes his head again in annoyance at her persistence.

~~~

"Thanks for having us," Wanda waves to Frigga, Thor and Loki who showed everyone out. Frigga gave a smile to you one last time, even slipping in a hug before hurrying off.

"So, where did you get your ride?" Stephen eyes the bike carefully, one of many few curious.

"Doesn't matter," you fit on your helmet, the gloves slipped on. "I'll see you losers at school," blasting music out, the roaring engine was paired with a quick wink before you shut the glass of your helmet, driving off.

"Wow, maybe I'm in love," Anna smiles mindlessly before sliding into the car before Strange who mocks her words in annoyance.

"Close your mouth brother, don't want to attract flies, do we?" Thor taps Loki's chin, earning a small knife in his side. "Mother!"

"Mother, don't listen to him! He's lying!" Loki runs after Thor, doors slamming shut behind them.

~~~

Listening to sped up tik tok audios makes me write so much faster and idk why

- Anna ❤️