Chapter 14 - Cupcake

"There they are!" Thor opens his arms for a hug which you unwillingly accept.

"Oh, thanks, buddy," you pat him on the back, his drunk state more than obvious. Then your eyes land on the mystery girl laughing subtly between him and Wanda. "Hey, Thor, put me down before I throw you off the balcony,"

"Right, yes," he drops you with a hefty laugh. "Now, how is it so far?"

"Yeah, Y/n, how has your night been?" Nat grins. "Find some more friends?"

"Someone to hook up with?" Tony looks up at Clint who peeked through the vents.

Nearly spitting out your drink, your eyes avert their sudden focus to the mystery girl. "No, and even if I have, that's none of your business,"

"So defensive," the mystery girl chuckles, sipping her drink. "Are you sure you haven't? Your eyes wander quite a bit, there must be some curiosity towards someone,"

"Maybe that someone has a name I'm yet to learn," a small staring contest ensued, while you sip at your drink, her crimson laced lips tilt up.

"Okay, am I missing something here or...?" Steve gestures back and forth.

"Yeah, don't you hate Loki? Or did you two fuck and that's why I feel like I'm in a weirdly sexual rom-com?" Sam coughs awkwardly.

"Uhm... what?" you look to the Falcon and back to the mystery girl.

"Oh you all are oblivious imbeciles, I was having fun!" she whines, putting her drink to the side. "You were so utterly clueless," Loki's male form takes over.

Now you saw it. "You fucking asshole," smack him or shout, you didn't know what to do.

"Likewise, darling," he scoffs with an eye roll, turning to walk off.

"Still planning to hit that?" Nat as well as the others turn to you.

"Hell no, I have dignity," but you couldn't help but look at Loki at the bar, pouring himself some punch. "You'll need to put a few more drinks in me before I even consider kissing him,"

"Should I get the Assberg liquor?" Pietro whispers to Tony as you go off to find Bruce and Peter.

"No." Steve glares. "Leave them alone,"

"Yeah, but do you see what alcohol does to people?" Wanda points to Stephen pulling Anna into his arms, dancing happily with a glass in hand as she laughs.

"Yeah, but that party act is whipped for Anna," Tony grabs Thor's flask, "can't go wrong with a little spiking,"

"Tony." Steve stops him, one hand firmly on Stark's chest. "Don't."

"Unless you make me, Rogers, you can't stop me..." he was met with a stronger glare, "fine! I won't do it," Tony throws the flask up to Clint who catches it, crawling away.

~~~

Floors, chairs and tables, either had people fast asleep or dancing upon them. Music was a mess, like the overturned cups and strewn glass bottles. While half the group had fallen victim to the punch, the other half were watching chaos unfold.

"Was this a bad idea?" Tony looks to Steve who gives a dead look.

"Are you kidding me, Stark? I TOLD YOU FROM THE START!"

"If only I listened," he shakes his head then shrugs. "Well, what can you do now?"

"It didn't exactly fail to work," Wanda points to you eyeing Loki across the room.

"God, I hate him," you glare, sipping the punch rapidly as he did. Seemingly, your legs take control, moving towards him by the snack bar. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Hm?" His half hooded eyes, previous cat wing-liner and eyeshadow smoked out was now a subtle underliner. "Oh, the little newbie finally grow a pair?"

"To what? Talk to a greasy god like you?- I will say that your hair in your female form did look cleaner,"

"I'll stab you,"

"Not saying I'm exactly surprised that you're into knife play," grinning at his fuming anger, you take a cupcake from behind him. "So why? Got a little crush on me?"

"Oh, I think it was the exact opposite," Loki plucks the cupcake from your hand and spins it slowly between you both. "Who was the one so easily flustered, hm?"

"Should we find out?" your palm hits the table behind, down flat, trapping him between you and the table. His breath became short as pink rises to his cheeks. "Come on now, princey, silver tongue turn to lead?"

He pushes the sweet treat near your lips. "No, I don't think so,"

Opening your mouth just a little, soon the frosting smashes against your face, just the lower half, leaving you shocked. Loki left the other half of the cupcake unharmed and instead took one bite.

He was smug. You were pissed.

"You annoying self-entitled brat,"

"You mewling egotistical lowlife," he spits back.

"Glad we got things sorted," you smash the cupcake back into his face, "are we going to be civil now?"

"Over my dead body," he wipes the frosting away with a napkin.

"Good to know we're on the same page," one hand held out, Loki shakes it firmly. "You know the red lipstick does compliment your green eyes," you say while both of you wipe away frosting and cake from lips.

"If you're going to flirt just get to the point," he kisses your knuckles soon after, "goodnight, L/n,"

"That's it, huh? A small kiss on the knuckles after all that?" You tsk as a way to voice disappointment.

"If you want more you know where to find me!" he uses his magic to conjure his phone into his hand, waving it around.

"Fucking hell..." you push back your hair, watching him disappear in a short glimmer of green. "Annoying piece of shit," straightening out your shirt, you walk to Stephen. "Mind giving me a way home?"

"Hm? Okay, fine," he nods, lifting a sleeping Anna into his arms after orange sparks form a gateway.

"You should ask her out, you know?" you suggest, taking out the keys to your apartment.

"You should ask Loki out, you know?" he counters, "maybe you two will stop being such pains in the ass to deal with,"

"Aha, unlike you, I'm not making goo-goo eyes to Loki 24/7," the door swings open, "and hey, if you don't ask Anna out, I will~"

"Now, hold on-!" Slam. Right in his face. He just saw your shut apartment door through the portal. For a few seconds you heard him swearing, then silence returned.

"Home sweet home..."

~~~

"Please tell me you got that?" Tony looks to Clint who drops a Stark phone into the billionaire-heirs hands.

"Oh yeah," Clint lands right on the couch beside Tony. "Think we can get some Asgard gold for this clip?"

"I'm hoping for something a little more worthwhile," Stark chuckles, turning it into a full blown sinister cackle before he started to cough rapidly, crawling for a glass of water.

~~~

When I start my period I get the worst cramps

When I start my period I get the worst cramps. Luckily I also have a 4 hour shift with no pain meds to relieve the cramps 🕺

- Anna ❤️