Chapter 30 - Do not panic

Loki could hardly remember the events leading to this point in time. His head rested next to your arm on the hospital bed, the night eating away his energy, but he kept awake best he could. He needed to make sure you were okay.

Frigga was currently fixing up other arrangements outside the hospital room, glancing from time to time to see her son in shambles. The way his hair was tussled, grime along his clothes from the street and your blood still on him.

"Still not up?" Frigga had opened the door making Loki raise a small blade to whoever had intruded. "Oh, Loki..."

"Sorry..." he puts it away instantly, heart rate calming soon, "but no, they're still asleep,"

"They look better," she rubs his back. "Now that Y/n is here everything will be okay-"

"They wouldn't be here if I had just insisted on them staying over," Loki looks up, "don't you see?"

"I see my son scared he may lose a loved one, but I also see that him blaming himself does no one any good," she kneels by his side, "this wasn't premeditated, no one will want to hurt them anymore, so please get some rest," Frigga tries to console.

"Just a few more hours... until they wake,"

~~~

Wanda and Pietro were busy cleaning up their shared apartment after movie night with Vision, Clint and Natasha. The toaster and two assassins were busy chatting while the twins put away the last of the dishes. Within seconds, Natasha had gotten a text from Thor, then so did the rest.

"I'll get the car," Clint runs to the door while other collected their things.

~~~

"Three... two.. o-" just before Tony could pull the lever, his phone goes ballistic, AC/DC blasting through the lab. Bruce drops his clipboard while Peter uses his web to grab the phone and hand it to Tony.

"What is it?" Bruce looks at the billionaire heir.

"We need to go,"

~~~

"Go far!" Sam yells, tossing the football to Steve. The blonde catches the ball easily, yelling a few orders around while Sam mocked him jokingly.

"Come on, Doll," Bucky nudges Rose, arm wrapping tighter around them, "just one kiss-"

"Fine," Rose chuckles, leaning in.

But it was halted when Steve's phone goes off. "Come on!" Bucky throws his arms in the air.

Rose laughs as Sam doubles over, "good job, Romeo!" Sam yells to the two on the bleachers.

"Shut up!" Bucky grabs Steve's phone, giving it over. Within seconds he sees the Captain's face drop from a smile to pure horror.

~~~

"No wait I'm sorry!" Anna yells with a laugh.

"Too late for sorry!" he shouts, tackling her against his bed with a laugh. All was cut short when he hears his phone ring. The sorcerer rolls his eyes, reaching over to answer, "kind of busy right now, go away- what? Shit- Yeah, we'll be there soon,"

"What's wrong?" Anna asks in worry.

"Now don't panic-"

~~~

"I said don't panic!" Strange kept trying to calm down Anna while Vision did the same for Wanda, Nat to Bruce and Peter to Tony.

"If you tell me not to panic while I'm panicking then I'll panic more than before you told me not to panic!" Anna yells before taking a deep breath, "I'm not panicking,"

"Well I am!" Tony was starting to hyperventilate while Peter waved a magazine for him.

"No need to panic," Thor rushes up with Fleora.

"Y/n is fine, Loki is with them right now," the princess explains, "I'm Fleora, by the way,"

The group exchanges greetings before Thor went over what Frigga had told him. "So, Loki has just been waiting by their side until they wake up,"

"Oh they're not awake? Great!" Anna was sent into hysterics again causing the cloak to wrap around her.

"Can we see them?" Steve steps forward.

"Maybe once they wake," Fleora takes his hand and pats comfortingly, "for now Queen Frigga has brought us all food and drinks," she gestures down the hall.

~~~

"Come on, darling, please wake up," Loki's repetition of these words every once in a while became more and more desperate. Each single beep of the monitor, the noise in the hall, even the irritating water drops from the sink were all drowned out.

He felt the pulse in your wrist himself. Not relying on what he knew so little of. Without you, he felt lost, vulnerable. Loki wanted to crawl back into that corner, away from the group, his family, the world.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," his words felt like sins during a confessional, quiet and reluctant. His mind swarmed with the worst endings to this situation, clouded by prior fears and undoubtable guilt.

Your wrist under his fingers moved away, fingers twitching to weakly hold his. "Crash and burn,"

"Y/n??" Your words didn't even process in his head as he was scrambling to call for help.

"Woah, woah, slow down," your voice didn't raise above a whisper.

"Is something wrong?" he moves back from the door, "do you need something? Anything?"

"I'm- fine..." you groan, trying to get up. Loki stopped though, trying to lay you back down until you hurt yourself or opened the stitches back up. "Loki, please, I'm alright,"

"Until my mother and I both agree so, you're not, now please lay back down," Loki brought over a glass of water then called the nurse. "I'm so glad you're okay," he kisses your cheek, forehead to forehead, "so glad,"

All you needed was a few seconds of peace before you spoke up again, "if I find out you, at any point, blamed yourself for what happened I will kill you,"

He clears his throat nervously causing you to laugh. "There's my Y/n,"

"Your Y/n, hm?" you counter. "My worried trickster,"

"Mhm... but you should be more worried about my mother, she's ballistic," warns the god just as the queen and a few nurses barge in.
"Have fun~"

~~~

Can't believe Hungry Jack's didn't have a working blender for my thick shake so I got an iced chocolate instead- ✋😔

- Anna ❤️