Chapter 25 - End of the night

"This is just grease," Loki held up the funnel cake, oiled wrapping beneath it.

"You did like the cheesesteak sandwich didn't you?" She nods. "And the milkshake?"

"I know what a milkshake is, Thor practically has one for breakfast everyday with the way he eats breakfast," she sat on the bench once more, to which you notice her nearing closer each time.

"I don't want to know more," you break a little off of the funnel cake, holding it up to Loki's lips, "c'mon,"

"Fine, but even if I like it I'm not-" cut off short by the crisp crunch of the fried dessert, smooth chocolate coating the corners of her lips, "rude,"

"You talk too much," biting into your own share, the ferris wheel had just closed down, everyone leaving by this time. "So, final thoughts on your first date on Earth?"

"A few bits of constructive criticism," while her tone was light and joking, you still felt nervous, "for one, I hate that you didn't ask me sooner,"

"More of a personal flaw, really... what else?"

"Next time I pay,"

You scoff, "yeah, not gonna happen,"

"It will," she decides, "lastly... next time we should try and avoid the others,"

"You noticed too??" Sighing in complete annoyance, you could tell now that no more remained, "I thought I was going insane,"

"I don't mind, at least now my brother has headed home, I suspect,"

"And so what?" A tingle started to bubble in your chest.

"So, I can do this without care," she pushes forward, a held back kiss on your lips speaking shyly. Moving your palm to her cheek, you deepen it a little eagerly causing the cutest smirk from Loki. "Down, Y/n. We're still in public,"

"Boo," foreheads pressed, it was almost odd how easily Loki had opened up to you. "I like it when you're relaxed like this,"

"I do too... feels less like the weight of a realm is on your shoulders," she pulls away to rub the back of her index finger against your cheek.

Then it struck you. It being Loki's place in this universe, and inevitably yours. "Loki?"

"Hm?" her head now rested on your shoulder.

"This whole thing, this date, all the kisses and shit... it will have to stop eventually right?" Loki knew exactly what you were asking. "If we do anything, date officially or whatever, it will eventually end right?"

"At this point, yes. The Allfather is very much still adamant on me marrying royalty,"

Her voice was so strained from the thought, you undoubtedly felt bad, "so why do you want to go out with me if you know-"

"Because I know I'd regret it if I didn't at least try," she blurts out, "Y/n, I don't do this sort of thing... ever, and I truly do like you. My mother is on my side with letting whatever this is happen," her hand moves between you both, "and the Allfather almost always listens to her, so..."

"It might be worth it?"

"Definitely." Her body shifts back closer, "besides, I'm not looking to get married so young... Thor is however- it's odd how he was able to come here... maybe princess Fleora's trip was delayed,"

"I don't know who that is, but I'll agree," her laugh sounded like heaven, and it was sure that you wouldn't ever get sick of it.

~~~

"Seems like this is goodnight," you tip back and forth on your heel, right by the house filled with Norse Gods.

Loki adjusts your jacket on her shoulders, "I wish I could stay out longer but-"

"Hey, it's okay, I get it," you put both hands up in understanding, "next time I'll show you this cool bowling place, their hot dogs are probably the best I've ever had,"

"I'll hold you to it," her head drops a little, that smile never fading. Then from left to right, Loki scanned the house's windows, noting a few lights still on, her hand tugs at your shirt, bringing you behind a large pillar.

"Woah-" you stumble after, planting a hand against the marble. One hand against her waist, you draw her body tightly to yours, head tilting to deepen the feverish kiss. Both her hands drape over your shoulders after the release their tight grip on your shirt.

Kiss after kiss, it swapped from slow hesitancy to rapid longing. By this point you weren't sure where your hands had wandered, where hers did, whether lipstick had smudged along your neck or if her hair was beyond a mess.

She lifted her leg up which you hold instantly, landing love bites on her jaw. "Y/n-" Loki breathes out, hardly a moan but enough to rush blood to your face, heating up the surface of your skin further. "We could-"

"Hello?" Why hadn't you heard the front door open? Frigga calls out, spotting your motorbike and sighing, "if you two are somewhere out here, either come in for tea or hurry along your business, I want neither of you to catch a cold," she shuts the door soon after.

Your held breath let go, turning into a laugh, tickling Loki's bruising neck. The goddess soon joined in, hushing you a little before your location was exposed, "see, if we went to my place then this wouldn't have happened,"

"Aw, is someone upset the mood was ruined?" Loki lifts your chin so you were properly face to face. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Forgot we still have classes tomorrow," frustration hadn't been more obvious.

"My brother or... any of the others would have said certain things by now," correcting her makeup and hair, she did the same to your clothes, "what do we say?"

"That you bewitched me with a kiss,"

"Ouch," she places a hand on her heart, "my good looks didn't do that?"

"I think that was another factor,"

Loki pushes her head back against the pillar, "what are you comfortable with?"

"Whatever you want,"

She thought for a moment, looking to the glitter dusted sky, "would one date be too soon to make things official?"

"There are shows about getting married at first sight, I think we're good," you cup her face for another kiss, "official?"

"A little faster than most would have it, but I don't mind one bit," Loki chuckles.

"Neither do I..." taking her hand, you kiss her knuckles, making gentle eye contact, "your majesty,"

"Court Jester," she curtsies when you bow.

"Simply a fool for you," waving the hand with your keys, the engine of your bike soon roared to life.

"Idiot," Loki whispers under her breath just as you drive away. "Hm... my idiot," she corrects with a shrug.

~~~

Moonknight my beloved

- Anna ❤️