Chapter 21 - No problem

"I would offer to take the couch but..." you glance at James hanging onto the couch by a thread.

"I'm sure it's fine," Loki walks to your room behind you, seeing Luna curled up fast asleep.

"Y/n? Loki?" she whispers with furrowed brows and a yawn.

"Yes, it's us," he kneels down by the bed, "go back to sleep, moonflower,"

"Isn't it sunflower?" she hugs her stuffed animal tight.

"On Asgard we have moonflowers instead, I promise to bring you one back when I can," he combs through her hair until she was back asleep. "I can take the floor," he offers.

"No, come on, I'm sure she doesn't mind," you grab an old shirt and sweatpants from your closet, gesturing for him to go ahead, "I'll take the floor,"

"Not happening," he argues back, "it's your bed-"

"Just sleep in the same bed," Luna mutters with a small, cute glare, having been woken again. "You both are grown ups,"

"She's not wrong," you shake your head, heading to the bathroom and back out eventually as to see Loki using his magic to change into something more comfortable. "Night, you two,"

Almost incoherent mumbles were taken as decent replies.

~~~

"Morning!" Luna had run back into the room, evidently having gotten up earlier, to jump on the bed.

"Luna!" you groan when she lands on you, Loki falling out the bed soon enough from fright. "What did I say about yelling in the morning?"

"Sorry," she crawls over the blankets and looks down to Loki who had disappeared.

"Come here, you," Loki had grabbed her after teleporting behind. Now, Loki seemed to have a habit to shapeshift in the night, so when Luna stared wide eyed at Loki's now much longer hair, you were concerned about her reaction.

"Loki! Your hair is so long now!" She runs her hand through the pitch black locks. "Can I please, please, please braid your hair?"

The princess looks down at her hair, then to Luna with a soft smile, "of course," Loki puts her down. "Breakfast?"

"Yes please!" Luna drags the goddess away, leaving you in bed, laughing at their antics. "Are you a girl now?" the child whispers cautiously, not wanting to upset Loki.

"Yes, moonflower, very thoughtful for you to ask," she combs Luna's hair back, "now, how does waffles sound?"

"Amazing!" she giggles, running to grab some plates.

~~~

"Thank you for helping out with Luna," you and Loki had just dropped Luna off to Mrs K. While the streets nearby ran wild with early morning drivers, yours was quiet and calm... other than the train passing every once in a while.

"She's a joy," Loki unlocks her car. "I should head back, but thank you for letting me stay over,"

"No problem," tipping back and forth on the sidewalk, you suddenly blurt out "did you want to go out?"

"What?" she closes her car door again.

"Go out with me, dumbass," you roll your eyes in amusement, looking away to avoid her bewildered stare.

"As in... a date?"

You couldn't believe how confused she was, it was honestly adorable. "If you want, I don't want to make you uncomfortable,"

Loki nods with pursed lips, "sure... I mean, whenever you're free?"

"Tomorrow? After school?" the questioning tone with every word kept up a tension, "we can go to the arcade if you want?"

"Arc-what?"

That broke the tension. "Arcade it is," you nod, "you'll love it,"

"I highly doubt that," she smiles, "but a date it is... I'll drive?"

"I asked you out, so I will," the look of fear in her eyes was what you were looking for, "come on now, princess, I'm a great driver,"

"Whatever," she gets in her car, rolling down the window, "but the moment I feel as if my life is in danger on the wretched thing, I'm calling us an Uber, or we're teleporting,"

"I get teleportation sick," you tsk with a wink, moving back to let her drive off.

"About damn time," Mrs K had just exited her shop, sitting in her chair. "Finally after so long, you're getting friends and even a partner," she ruffles her newspaper up, "reminds me of my youth! Back in my day-"

"Please, not at this time of day," you plead.

~~~

"Ah, my daughter," Odin sees Loki enter the house, "I was just wondering about you," he let's one of the few servants he had hired to accompany him down to Midgard take away the parchment in his left hand.

"Whatever for?" Loki picks at her palms anxiously.

"This is regarding your suitors," he stood in front of Loki with the same tense demeanour as always, "Thor has chosen one already, Princess Fleora of Alfheim, who will be visiting this week. I expect your usual best behaviour and maybe a hurry on who you-"

"Enough, she's just gotten back," Frigga interrupts. "Now, how was it?"

"Uhm... good," Loki mutters with a small fluster. "I was wondering if I would be able to stay out late tomorrow?"

"Why ever would you want to do that? Princess Fleora will be arriving-"

"A date?" Frigga grasps her lips, "Valhalla has answered!" she claps her hands excitedly while Loki turns crimson, shrinking under Odin's confused glare. "Enough," Frigga looks to Odin, "Loki has finally found someone she's interest in,"

"My Queen," Odin took her hand, "I am just as excited for our daughter to be out and about to find a partner," he nods to Loki, "but Y/n is nothing more than a waiter on Midgard. Worth nothing to the throne,"

Loki lowers his head. Odin was right, not about your worth, but that the outer realms may never agree, let alone accept such a decision. "If I may...?" Loki raises her hand, "my decision isn't required until the end of the year and from my belief there is still a long while to go before then,"

"See? Maybe it won't blossom into more but Loki would have moved on knowing how it went," Frigga aids, taking her husband's hand.

His one eyes darts back and forth before lowering to the floor, "very well, but for that throne, you need to connect two realms,"

"Yes, Allfather," Loki curtsies before rushing up to her bedroom.

~~~

I'm travelling 1 1/2 hours to study because my city library is closed- I've done worse

I'm travelling 1 1/2 hours to study because my city library is closed- I've done worse... And I love how I've given up on looking good cuz I'm straight up in my pjs 🕺

- Anna ❤️