Chapter 35 - Bye bye fourth wall

By the start of the next term, the project was moments from completion. Tony and Nat were unsure how you kept getting Jotun information especially since you hadn't provided a source but the equations worked in theory.

"Okay, so we flip this lever, shit should hit that block of wood and ice it," Tony rolls out from under the device while Loki held you in his arm behind the barrier Nat kept up.

"Ready?"

"Now!" Tony jumps out the way once he flipped the switch. One... two... th- why wasn't anything-? A shock wave stumbled everyone back but the light marine ray froze the wood as expected, affecting the rest of the room until snow fell.

"We did it!" you yell, turning and kissing Loki, his arms falling to your hips.

The two stared directly at the scene; you kissing Loki, who's skin had curled blue. "Uh... what the f- ow!" Tony earned a hit from Nat while you and Loki looking to their shocked faces due to the interruption.

"Well, now we know the source," she shrugs, noting down a few details of the experiment while Tony's mind finally realised.

"Oh, that makes sense," he blinks a few times, "nice going, grouchy smurf,"

"I'll ice you, Stark," Loki grits, putting on his jumper, hood pulled over which makes you frown. "I'll be back to my aesir form once I'm out of this room,"

"I quite like you in your Jotun form, you know," you hold his cheeks, caressing your thumb over high cheekbones.

"You always say that... I fear other reactions," he mutters, kissing your palm.

"If it's any help, none of us actually give a fuck," Tony says from under the device again, fixing the power deposit.

"Yeah, I think people are more stressed about finals and prom than you being blue with red eyes- hell, my little sister Yelena might actually get you to make her snow so she can sled,"

"I'm not a snow machine," Loki hesitantly pushes back the hood, "but are you sure?"

"As sure as I am about not being straight," Tony notes, "which is very," he rolls out from under, "in case any of you thought different,"

"We know, Tony, we know," Nat kicks him back under. "We can do more tests over the weekend before the fair, you guys head off first, though,"

"You got it," collecting your things, a few more notes were compiled before the door handle was taken.

"Wait," Loki holds it shut, "are you sure I look-"

"Like the most handsome frost giant to ever grace this timeline," slowly the door pries open, "now let's go eat, my love,"

Loki had never felt so safe by your side- by anyone's side. With a grip to comfort, small affirmations to assure and consistent eye contact full of love, he felt the need to melt into a puddle right there and then, like a snowman in summers day.

~~~

The day had finally arrived, fair goers completely at awe by the students projects but by far your group was the most intriguing.

"So, what did you guys come up with?" once another group had left your table, the others were able to interact with surrounding groups; mainly you with Anna's.

"Nano-tech to help with patients lacking in certain motor abilities," Strange shows a small capsule of micro-bots.

"It is meant to move along patients, a transparent and nearly undetectable prototype is for any injuries often exposed," Vision floats forwards with a clear jar. "It detects certain damages and attaches to pin-points to act as a carrier system,"

Stephen's ones over take his shaking hand, stopping the tremor. "I'm a minor example," he watches the steadiness until Anna takes his hand.

"An example who doesn't actually need it," she kisses his knuckles making him smile softly down at her.

He gave a defeated huff, pressing his forehead against hers, "thank you," Stephen then kisses her sweetly, the group around them stopping.

"Oh my gods..." Thor gasps, "he finally did it!"

"Hey, Banner, still got that mind erasing device plans?" Clint gags, looking to the boy who just shakes his head, walking away. "Hey! Come on!"

"Took you two long enough, thought I was in a fanfic by this point," you scoff, getting back to your project while Anna stares directly at the readers.

"Say anything... I dare you," she narrows.

"She won't actually do anything," Stephen nudges into the conversation, waving at the readers subtly.

Anna's jaw drops as she flips attention back and forth from the reader to Stephen, "I don't know if I'm mad or madly in love right now," she ends up saying before frowning.

"That was disturbing to watch," Sam purses his lips at the two. "Alright! Who wants to see our cool project? It's called the Sam Wilson app,"

"I thought it was the Thor app," Thor frowns.

"I thought it was called Safety 101," Steve turns to his group.

"It's actually called the Clint Barton App," Clint holds his phone with the app up, "pay four hundred and you get exclusive Barton content," he chuckles proudly.

"I hate that so much," you say plainly, walking away just as the judges had started to announce the commencement of the fair.

~~~

"I can't believe a fucking baking soda volcano beat us all," Bucky crosses his arms.

"Technically it was a demonstration of reverse-" Bruce was going to continue but took a moment, "technically it was a reverse baking soda volcano,"

"Still sucks," from your yawn erupted the others, "man, I didn't know how tired I was until now..."

"We're going to clean up our stall," Steve drags his group away, Clint sobbing on Thor's shoulders from the failure of his app.

"Hey at least we helped Jotunheim somehow," you nudge Loki who couldn't help but smile.

"In a way yes," he packs up the research paper. "Once I introduce this to the Jotun ecosystem in placement of the Casket of Ancient Winters then I suppose Midgard and Jotunheim will have a permanent semi-treaty type thing,"

While you joked on, Loki had suddenly stopped. Mind, body, possibly his heart. "Uh... Loki?" You notice this immediately.

"Connection... of two realms- oh my Norns," Loki took a step back while you kept asking him what was wrong, "I'll be- give me a second," he rushes forward, planting a passionate kiss to your lips, cheeks squished, "you, my darling love, are nothing less than pure genius!"

But he was off by that point. "Uh... thanks?" you cough through the fluster.

"Let's get boba tea!" Anna then yells to change the subject.

"Oh fuck yeah! Come on, short-ass," Pietro picks up Anna and runs off.

"He's gonna get-" Nat cringes when Pietro slams right into the locker, Anna scolding him for calling her short. "Idiot,"

~~~

Finally a free day with no uni classes or shifts at work

Finally a free day with no uni classes or shifts at work... welp- time to go study!

I may actually go thrift shopping a little but who knows

- Anna ❤️