Chapter 3 - Friends

It seemed no one forgot the little conundrum in the cafeteria. However, younger years were suddenly terrified of you. Not the seniors. Their peering eyes were starting to get to you, during class and in the halls.

With the final bell after lunch going off, you slammed your locker shut, sighing in frustration.

"Hi," a voice quips from beside you. Fist raised with a purple glow, the boy raised his open palms. "Woah! Calm down, Tinky-winky, I'm Tony,"

"And I'm ignoring you," you snap the magic from sight, and turn from him with an eye roll.

"Feisty, loving the whole brooding new kid shtick, real classy," he pesters.

"Don't you have a class to get to?" Another corner turned, annoyance lacing your voice, he hurried to walk in front of you.

"Study hall," he shrugs, hands stuffed in his 'Stark Industries' jacket.

"Well, go study, pretty boy," you shoo him off, seeing that classes were about to start.

He grins and holds his hand out. "Let's be friends,"

"Let's not," you were about to take a hold of the door handle only for him to stop you.

"Look, you're new and at the bottom of the food chain, and I'm rich, popular, good looking and smart,"

Your still for a moment, humming in thought mockingly. "You hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"How much I care," shoving him away, the class had just begun as you left Tony huffing against the locker in annoyance.

~~~

"They were so rude," Tony grumbles to Clint and Rhodey as Nat rolled her eyes, filing her nail in boredom.

"Maybe because it's you,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tony glares to the redhead.

"It means... you're not exactly the most charming person," she catches you walking past. "Hey! New kid!"

"If you're about to offer 'friendship' like your buddy Tiny, forget about it,"

"Ha, Tiny," Clint snickers as his friend elbows him in the side.

"Tony is an idiot," she kicks off the wall. "We wanted to know if you wanted to sit with us tomorrow during lunch?"

"No," you walk away without a single glance back as Clint earned another elbow to the gut for laughing, this time from Natasha.

"Sam," she took a hold of the Falcon's collar as he passed with Steve, Bucky, Thor and Wanda.

"What are you thinking, Romanoff?" Steve looks slightly off put by her narrowed glare at you.

"Send Red Wing to follow their car,"

"That's low," Bucky shakes his head. "Just let them live their life, last year in a new school, maybe they don't want friends,"

"Too bad, I want to know as well," Clint nudges him away, leaning to see Sam's little device which followed you to the car waiting out front.

"How was the first day?" Phil lowered his glasses, waiting next to his car.

"I'm going to walk home," you say simply, walking away from him.

"Hey, Y/n, wait!" Coulson hurriedly walked to stop you. "The Director wants to speak-"

"Then he can visit me in my apartment," you flick a bit of flint from his shoulder.

"That's Phil Coulson, he works with SHIELD," Clint whispers to Nat who nods to confirm any doubts he had. While Steve conveyed as many reasons not to do it alongside Bucky, Wanda and Thor, the rest continued.

"I went to school, now I'm going home. I don't need a babysitter," continuing your journey, past the many students being picked up, Red Wing hovered above head as your ears were filled with music.

Your small taps and drumming of the air, each beat hit perfectly passing by other kids from the 'normal' schools and adults heading home from work. The hairs on the back of your neck stood up as the feeling of being watched set into your gut.

Looking back, both sides then up, the group back in school all yelped in fight, Sam pressing the wrong button out of fear which caused Red Wing to zoom away and hit a tree before you could catch sight.

"Come on!" He smacks his device as the others groan.

"You're all imbeciles," Loki walks by with a smirk, enjoying the death glares.

A small alley turned off by the usual deli you passed which led right to your apartment, an easier access instead of the front where you'd run into a few sketchy figures. There, in her usual spot, was Mrs Klay, telling off usual rowdy kids from in front her small hairdresser.

"Hey, Mrs K," you wave lightly as she blinks a few times, crow feet eyes adjusting to the light. Small half moon glasses shifted on her nose, skin speckled with markings from decades of hard work. She never took the easy way out all her life, worked every single day since she was able to.

She was an admirable figure with the deepest chocolate brown eyes which could, and has, intimidated bulked up grown men. Hair dyed the colours of dark Calla lilies, hints of alizarin crimson to mask the peaking white, for her age, which she refuses to state, she was incredibly put together.

"Hello, sugar plum," she gestures you over, planting a kiss on your cheek then pinching it, she looked at you intensely. "How was school?"

"Same old, same-"

"No, no, no, the new one," she looks at your shocked face. "I know everything, child,"

"You scare me," you murmur in fear.

"Do your best, be who you are, and do not give attitude,"

"It's the first day of class- Ow!" Grabbing your head after she smacked it, your glaring eyes snapped up. "Fine, no attitude, sorry," you kiss her cheek before handing her a small container of food you were able to retrieve from the cafeteria.

"There we are," she chuckles. "My little sugar plum fairy,"

"Bringing gifts to all," you smirk, tossing a few snacks to the kids scratching chalk into the sidewalk. "Listen to Mrs K,"

"Thanks, N/n!" Tommy, one of the boys, calls out as his friends scramble to eat.

Saluting their way, you hurry into the alley and pull down the fire escape ladder, climbing up all the stairs until you pried open the window which unlocked under a spark of purple.

"Mx L/n," a deep voice greeted making you cringe in frustration.

"Director Fury,"

~~~

Shreki

Shreki

- Anna ❤️