Chapter 7 - Fading roads

Making sure your bag was strapped in, you lifted a leg over and sat comfortably before fixing on your helmet. Kicking back the kickstand, you pulled out the small garage and look both ways before driving off on your motorcycle, Tommy and his friends yelling your name once you passed.

Music flowed out of the system, phone stuffed under your leather jacket and pocketed safely. A normal bike, maybe even walking would have suffice, hell, a bus would be good, but the royal deities were stationed in the outskirts, upstate on a large plot of land.

Passing the city sights, you soon found yourself among trees and rubble of mother earth; Roads were dusted lightly, fading and slowly engulfed, a subtle protest to take back what once was hers. Wind flickered your clothing, the roar of your engine unable to overtake the music blasting out.

Your smile was bright as the GPS directed you to the estate, just a little while away.

"Yo, check that out," Clint leans over the seat between Nat and Steve, sectioning Bucky and Sam from one another.

"That's an awesome ride," Nat admires it as well, Steve passing you by, no one figuring out who it was. "Alright, fruit bowls, quit drooling," she clicks her fingers for the boys to stop. "As if they'd settle so low... they could be into only girls,"

"It's a nice ride!" Some shout.

You watch the car pass quickly, furthering down the road, your mind not caring who or where they were going. Adjusting your position, checking no one was around, you speed up a little, lifting the front up and balancing. A quick laugh left your lips as you fiddled with small tricks in the open space.

"Woah," Tony, Peter, Wanda and Pietro glanced out the window just as another car rocked up beside them; Anna, Strange, Bruce and Vision seated.

"Stop checking people out and hurry up!" Anna sticks her tongue out at Tony who was quick to speed up. The roar of the engine behind you caused your trick to stop, your motorcycle moving to the side to let them pass.

Who else but Tony Stark to drive up during a race and wink at you. With all of your face covered, you knew this would be utterly hilarious when they found out.

~~~

"Friends!" Thor was the first to greet them all, descending the marble stairs with 8 pillars keeping up the main balcony of the four story building. Stone covered walls spoke age, the monotone grey and beige scheme was a contrast to sprouting blossoms and lush green shrubs, trees towering over like a wall of life.

Each window had seemingly been cleaned to death, the ability to decipher it from an open space leaning towards nearly impossible. The twisting iron designs upon the rooftops were paired with similarly adorned window tops. Room after room, the symmetrical mansion was right out of a fairy tale.

The main roundabout was centered with a fountain of two crows holding up a family crest which was littered in Norse Runes. Water spewed from the beaks of these animals, the ground around being beige gravel, crunching under tires of each car.

"Dude, we saw someone riding the sickest bike!" Clint fist-pumps Thor while Loki descended the steps as well.

"They did a few tricks, did you see?" Wanda looks to Steve and Nat who shake their heads.

"They looked hot though," Nat nudges Anna who snickers.

"I wonder if they'd be into me," the part-time writer hums while Stephen scoffs.

"Can we talk about the music taste though?" Tony kisses his finger tips to create a chef's kiss.

"It was pretty good," Peter nods excitedly. All eyes soon landed on said topic of conversation driving through the large metal gates.

"Woah, what?" Tony furrows his brows, looking around and counting everyone before deadpanning. "L/n,"

"What's the topic of conversation, guys, gals and non-binary pals?" You removed your helmet and fix your hair. "Can't have been that interesting... unless it was about me?" Parking the bike properly, you twirl the keys around your index finger.

"When did you have that?"

"Since I can remember, now, let's hurry this shit up," unzipping your jacket, you stuff your gloves in your bag while the others do a double take. "Hey, Bruce, Parker, Anna, Strange,"

"No one else?" Vision asks in confusion.

"Hello other people... and toaster?" You tilt your head and hurry in front of Vision. "Dude, what are you made of?"

"Y/n, you can't just ask people what they're made of!" Peter whisper shouts.

"Peter, I'm sorry for not being friends with you sooner," you shake your head, disappointed in yourself.

"Shall we introduce them to mother and father?" Thor looks to Loki.

"The Allfather is busy if you listened during breakfast, mother is in the sewing room-"

"I'm right here," the queen's bright smile rivaled the sun's, the glowing aura around her calming everyone. "Oh my!" she first approached you, hugging you tight which made you freeze up. "How have you been? Are you settling well? Doing your best in school?"

Your laugh was a new experience to the group as you let your guard down. "Very well, thank you, your majesty, I'm fine and yes, I'm doing my best,"

"No one told me you were part of the group," she glares to her sons. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes, your majesty, I had an early shift and got lunch then,"

"Oh, you wonderful little thing, working so hard and doing the very best, you must be very proud of yourself," she held your hand and linked her arm with you. "Follow along, the main library has been set up,"

"What the hell?" Bucky looks to Wanda who shrugs.

"I do get by quite well, and the shifts aren't a bore so that's a bonus," you admired her enthusiastic shine, each question popping up rapidly as the halls seemed to twist and turn. "And I can't thank you enough for the tip,"

"Oh, don't worry," she assures.

"It really was too kind,"

"Why, Y/n you are such an admirable young person, charming and so sweet," she pinches your cheek as the others give confused looks to one another. "Utterly powerful too, the magic you hold is one similar to Loki's," she looked to Loki who purses his lips, unamused of the constant teasing.

"I think I could easily beat him in any magic tournament," your sly comment made her laugh loudly, coming to a stop at the open doors of the library.

"I'll leave you all to it, if there is anything you need just give a shout,"

"Thank you, your majesty,"

"Please, call me Frigga," she sighs out in content, walking away soon after one last farewell and a suggestive subtle look to Loki, gesturing to you.

~~~

To those last chapter who didn't know what Maccas was- it's McDonald's but we call it maccas in Australia because it's easier🧍🕺

- Anna ❤️